According to IT security specialists, Onrussia.info is a web-page which lures you and other unsuspecting victims to accept push notifications via the browser. This web page will claim that clicking ‘Allow’ button is necessary to connect to the Internet, watch a video, download a file, enable Flash Player, access the content of the webpage, and so on.
Once click on the ‘Allow’, the Onrussia.info webpage gets your permission to send browser notification spam in form of pop up adverts in the lower right corner of the desktop. Push notifications are originally designed to alert the user of recently published content. Scammers abuse ‘push notifications’ to avoid antivirus and ad blocker software by showing unwanted ads. These advertisements are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit dubious web sites, install web-browser extensions & so on.
The best way to delete Onrussia.info push notifications open the web-browser’s settings and complete the Onrussia.info removal guidance below. Once you remove Onrussia.info subscription, the browser notification spam will no longer display on the screen.
|Name||Onrussia.info pop up|
|Type||spam notifications advertisements, pop up virus, pop-up ads, popups|
|Distribution||potentially unwanted software, adwares, suspicious pop-up advertisements, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Onrussia.info removal guide|
Where the Onrussia.info pop ups comes from
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Onrussia.info from suspicious ads or by potentially unwanted applications and adware. Adware is a type of invasive programs — which can hijack PCs — occasionally redirect your web-browser to certain web pages so the creators of those sites can get money by displaying ads to visitors. It’s not a good idea to have installed adware. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you don’t know about. And of course you completely do not know what will happen when you click anything in the the adverts.
So, if you happen to encounter the Onrussia.info pop ups, then be quick and take effort to delete adware which causes intrusive Onrussia.info pop-ups as soon as possible. Follow the guidance below to get rid of Onrussia.info advertisements. Let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
How to remove Onrussia.info pop up advertisements (removal guidance)
Fortunately, we’ve an effective solution that will help you manually or/and automatically delete Onrussia.info from your web-browser and bring your web-browser settings, including default search provider, new tab page and startpage, back to normal. Below you will find a removal steps with all the steps you may need to successfully remove adware and its components. Some of the steps will require you to restart your computer or close this web page. So, read this guide carefully, then bookmark this page or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Onrussia.info pop ups, use the steps below:
- How to remove Onrussia.info pop-ups without any software
- Automatic Removal of Onrussia.info popup advertisements
- How to stop Onrussia.info pop-ups
- To sum up
How to remove Onrussia.info pop-ups without any software
Looking for a way to remove Onrussia.info pop ups manually without downloading any software? Then this section of the blog post is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of web-browser and Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free tools listed below that can allow you get rid of Onrussia.info pop up advertisements.
Remove adware software through the MS Windows Control Panel
You can manually get rid of most nonaggressive adware by deleting the program that it came with or removing the adware software itself using ‘Add/Remove programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ option in Windows Control Panel.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will display the Windows Control Panel as displayed on the image below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all apps installed on your machine. Scroll through the all list, and remove any questionable and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort apps by date in the Control panel.
Remove Onrussia.info notifications from web browsers
If you’ve clicked the “Allow” button in the Onrussia.info pop up and gave a notification permission, you should remove this notification permission first from your web browser settings. To delete the Onrussia.info permission to send spam notifications to your computer, use the steps below. These steps are for MS Windows, Apple Mac and Android.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Delete the Onrussia.info URL and other suspicious sites by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the browser which displays Onrussia.info push notifications ads.
- Find Onrussia.info in the list and disable it.
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the top-right corner.
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Onrussia.info domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the right upper corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Right-click the Onrussia.info URL. Click ‘Delete’.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the right upper corner of the window.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Onrussia.info domain and other dubious sites below and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the left-upper corner and select ‘Preferences’.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Locate the Onrussia.info URL and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
Remove Onrussia.info from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware, your web-browser shows undesired pop-up advertisements, then ‘Reset Mozilla Firefox’ could solve these problems. It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu like below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Firefox web browser settings to their default values.
Remove Onrussia.info popup advertisements from IE
In order to restore all web browser newtab, startpage and default search provider you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your computer.
First, run the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Onrussia.info popups from Chrome
This step will show you how to reset Chrome browser settings to original state. This can get rid of Onrussia.info popup advertisements and fix some surfing issues, especially after adware infection. It’ll keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Onrussia.info popup advertisements
Anti-Malware software differ from each other by many features such as performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus apps and so on. We recommend you use the following free apps: Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) and HitmanPro. Each of these programs has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can identify the adware software and get rid of Onrussia.info popup advertisements from the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge.
Use Zemana Free to remove Onrussia.info popups
Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is a free program for Microsoft Windows OS to find and remove adware which cause pop ups, and other unwanted apps such as PUPs, harmful web-browser add-ons, browser toolbars.
Download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) on your MS Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the download is finished, close all apps and windows on your machine. Double-click the setup file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) on your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once install is finished successfully, Zemana will automatically start and you can see its main screen as on the image below.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware which cause popups. While the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) tool is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
When the checking is complete, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will display you the results. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press “Next” button. The Zemana Free will get rid of adware software that causes multiple unwanted pop ups. After the cleaning procedure is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
Delete Onrussia.info pop-ups and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a completely free (30 day trial) tool. You don’t need expensive solutions to remove adware responsible for Onrussia.info popup ads and other malicious software. HitmanPro will remove all the unwanted programs such as adware and hijackers at zero cost.
First, click the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use Hitman Pro on your computer. Once started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware software that causes Onrussia.info ads in your internet browser. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Hitman Pro utility is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malware..
After finished, Hitman Pro will display a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected.
In order to delete all threats, simply click Next button.
It will show a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Remove Onrussia.info advertisements with MalwareBytes Anti Malware
We recommend using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware which are completely clean your machine of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malicious software removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It’s able to help you get rid of intrusive Onrussia.info ads from your web-browsers, PUPs, malicious software, browser hijacker infections, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC for free.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When the downloading process is complete, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and press Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, press the “Scan” button to begin checking your machine for the adware responsible for Onrussia.info advertisements. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When MalwareBytes Anti Malware has completed scanning your PC system, it will display the Scan Results. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Quarantine”. When that process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
The following video offers a step-by-step guide on how to get rid of browser hijacker infections, adware software and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM).
How to stop Onrussia.info pop-ups
It’s also critical to protect your browsers from harmful web-pages and advertisements by using an adblocker program such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard may also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is complete, you will see a window as displayed in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Onrussia.info, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be clean of the adware software that causes intrusive Onrussia.info pop-ups. We suggest that you keep Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted advertisements and malicious web pages). Moreover, to prevent any adware software, please stay clear of unknown and third party apps, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to scan for PUPs.
If you need more help with Onrussia.info pop-ups related issues, go to here.