What is History Wipe Clean
According to security researchers, History Wipe Clean is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) that belongs to the Adware family. Adware is a part of software whose motive is to earn revenue for its developer. It have different ways of earning by showing the advertisements forcibly to its victims. Adware software can generate pop ups, show unsolicited ads, change the victim’s internet browser settings, or redirect the victim’s web browser to unknown web-sites. Aside from causing unwanted ads and web-browser redirections, it also can slow down the computer.
Another reason why you need to remove adware is its online data-tracking activity. Adware software may monetize its functionality by gathering user information from your browsing sessions. This personal data, later, can be easily transferred third party companies. This puts your privacy info at a security risk.
So, if you happen to encounter adware, then be quick and take effort to remove History Wipe Clean as soon as possible. Follow the few simple steps below to get rid of any unwanted software. Let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
How does History Wipe Clean get on your machine
These days certain freeware makers bundle potentially unwanted programs or adware with a view to making some money. These are not free software as install an unwanted programs on to your Windows computer. So whenever you install a new free applications that downloaded from the Internet, be very careful during install. Carefully read the EULA (a text with I ACCEPT/I DECLINE button), select custom or manual installation option, uncheck all optional apps.
|Name||History Wipe Clean|
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop-up advertisements, pop-ups, popup virus|
|Removal||History Wipe Clean removal guide|
How to remove History Wipe Clean (removal steps)
Fortunately, it is not hard to get rid of History Wipe Clean. In the following guide, we will provide two ways to free your PC of this adware. One is the manual removal way and the other is automatic removal way. You can choose the way that best fits you. Please follow the removal steps below to remove History Wipe Clean adware right now!
To remove History Wipe Clean, execute the steps below:
- How to manually remove History Wipe Clean
- Automatic Removal of History Wipe Clean
- How to stay safe online
- Finish words
How to manually remove History Wipe Clean
Looking for a solution to remove History Wipe Clean manually without installing any software? Then this section of the post is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of browser and MS Windows setup. If you are not sure that you can follow them, it is better to use free utilities listed below that can help you remove History Wipe Clean .
Removing the History Wipe Clean, check the list of installed programs first
Some potentially unwanted programs, browser hijacking applications and adware can be uninstalled by uninstalling the free programs they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed programs in Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to get rid of them.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will open the Windows Control Panel like below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all software installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Get rid of History Wipe Clean adware software from IE
In order to recover all web browser search provider, start page and new tab you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your PC.
First, run the IE, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. It will remove History Wipe Clean adware, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings such as startpage, newtab and default search engine to default state.
Remove History Wipe Clean from Chrome
Another way to remove History Wipe Clean adware from Google Chrome is Reset Google Chrome settings. This will disable harmful extensions and reset Chrome settings to original state. It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your browser’s newtab page, homepage and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove History Wipe Clean from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware, your browser displays undesired pop up advertisements, then ‘Reset Mozilla Firefox’ could solve these problems. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Run the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web-browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the screen below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the History Wipe Clean adware. Once, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of History Wipe Clean
AntiMalware apps differ from each other by many features like performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus apps and so on. We suggest you run the following free programs: Zemana, MalwareBytes Free and Hitman Pro. Each of these applications has all of needed features, but most importantly, they have the ability to search for adware and delete unwanted ads from the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
How to remove History Wipe Clean adware software with Zemana Free
Zemana is a program that is used for malicious software, adware software, browser hijackers and PUPs removal. The program is one of the most efficient anti malware utilities. It helps in malware removal and and defends all other types of security threats. One of the biggest advantages of using Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is that is easy to use and is free. Also, it constantly keeps updating its virus/malware signatures DB. Let’s see how to install and scan your personal computer with Zemana Anti-Malware in order to delete adware from your personal computer.
- Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana install on your computer.
- Select install language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is complete, Zemana Anti Malware will open automatically. Else, if does not then double-click on the Zemana Anti Malware icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), let’s see How to use Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) to remove adware software from your computer.
- After you have started the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), you’ll see a window as displayed on the screen below, just click ‘Scan’ button . Zemana Free tool will begin scanning the whole system to find out adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Anti Malware scans your system.
- Once the scan get finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. All found items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) may require a restart computer in order to complete the adware removal procedure.
- If you want to permanently delete adware from your machine, then press ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware software, PUPs and other threats and click Delete.
- Reboot your PC to complete the adware software removal process.
Remove History Wipe Clean from web-browsers with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a free program which developed to remove malware, potentially unwanted apps, hijackers and adware software from your computer running MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It will allow to identify and get rid of History Wipe Clean , including its files, folders and registry keys.
- HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is complete, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, press the “Next” for scanning your machine for the History Wipe Clean adware. This task can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan Hitman Pro will search for threats present on your personal computer.
- When HitmanPro completes the scan, you will be shown the list of all found items on your computer. In order to remove all threats, simply click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
How to remove History Wipe Clean with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Remove History Wipe Clean adware manually is difficult and often the adware is not fully removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) that are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, this free program will help you to delete malware, PUPs, toolbars and browser hijackers that your personal computer can be infected too.
First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM).
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the downloading process is complete, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Free will try to update itself and when this procedure is finished, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the History Wipe Clean adware. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan MalwareBytes AntiMalware will look for threats present on your machine. When you are ready, click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal utility, we advise you to read and follow the steps or the video guide below.
How to stay safe online
If you surf the Internet, you cannot avoid malicious advertising. But you can protect your browser against it. Download and run an ad-blocking program. AdGuard is an ad blocking which can filter out lots of of the malicious advertising, stoping dynamic scripts from loading malicious content.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block malicious and misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
After completing the steps shown above, your system should be free from History Wipe Clean and other unwanted software. The Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge will no longer display any unwanted ads. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.