If your browser suddenly starts displaying the Search.betterconverterprotab.com when you did not set it as your homepage or search engine, then it means that you’ve a PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the browser hijacker family installed on the computer. A common tactic used by potentially unwanted apps developers is to modify browser’s settings like newtab page, home page and search engine by default so that the affected web-browser goes to a web site under the developer’s control. In order to locate potentially unwanted applications, get rid of Search.betterconverterprotab.com from the MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, you can follow the best possible guidance below.
Except that the Search.betterconverterprotab.com makes certain changes to browser’s home page and newtab page, it also changes your search engine, which leads to the fact that use of the web-browser’s search becomes uncomfortable. The reason for this is that the search results will consist of a large amount of ads, links to undesired and ad webpages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from well-known search engines such as Google or Bing.
Although, Search.betterconverterprotab.com browser hijacker is not a virus, but it does bad things, and it may impose some undesired changes to web browsers settings. Moreover, an adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) can be additionally installed on to your PC with this hijacker, which will show a large number of advertisements, or even massive full page advertisements that blocks surfing the Internet. Often such these advertisements may recommend to install other unknown and undesired apps or visit harmful websites.
|Type||browser hijacker, search provider hijacker, home page hijacker, toolbar, unwanted new tab, redirect virus|
|Removal||Search.betterconverterprotab.com removal guide|
If you are unfortunate have browser hijacker, adware software or malware running on your computer, you can follow the suggestions here to remove Search.betterconverterprotab.com from your web-browser.
How to Remove Search.betterconverterprotab.com from Windows 10 (8, 7, XP)
As with removing adware, malicious software or PUPs, there are few steps you may do. We advise trying them all. If you do only one part of the instructions, then it should be run malicious software removal utility, because it should remove browser hijacker and stop any further infection. But to completely delete the Search.betterconverterprotab.com you will have to at least reset your web browser settings like start page, newtab page and default search engine to default state, disinfect internet browsers shortcuts, delete all unwanted and suspicious applications, and remove hijacker infection by malicious software removal tools. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to exit your web-browser or restart your system.
To remove Search.betterconverterprotab.com, perform the following steps:
- How to manually remove Search.betterconverterprotab.com
- How to automatically delete Search.betterconverterprotab.com
- Stop Search.betterconverterprotab.com redirect
- Why has my homepage and search engine changed to Search.betterconverterprotab.com?
- To sum up
How to manually remove Search.betterconverterprotab.com
If you perform exactly the step-by-step guide below you should be able to remove the Search.betterconverterprotab.com from the IE, Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge internet browsers.
Delete Search.betterconverterprotab.com related apps through the Control Panel of your personal computer
Some PUPs, browser hijacking applications and adware can be removed by uninstalling the free applications they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed software in MS Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to remove them.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all software installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove Search.betterconverterprotab.com from internet browsers
Remove unwanted add-ons is a easy way to remove Search.betterconverterprotab.com home page and restore browser’s settings that have been changed by hijacker infection.
|Google Chrome||Mozilla Firefox|
You can also try to get rid of Search.betterconverterprotab.com by reset Chrome settings.
If you are still experiencing issues with Search.betterconverterprotab.com start page removal, you need to reset Mozilla Firefox browser.
Another solution to delete Search.betterconverterprotab.com redirect from Internet Explorer is reset Internet Explorer settings.
How to automatically delete Search.betterconverterprotab.com
The manual instructions above is tedious to use and can not always help to remove Search.betterconverterprotab.com browser hijacker infection easily. Here I am telling you an automatic solution to remove this hijacker from your computer fully. Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes and Hitman Pro are anti-malware tools that can search for and remove all kinds of malicious software including browser hijacker infection which designed to redirect your web-browser to the Search.betterconverterprotab.com web-site.
How to automatically remove Search.betterconverterprotab.com with Zemana Anti Malware
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is an amazing tool to remove Search.betterconverterprotab.com search from your browser. It also removes malicious software and adware software from your system. It improves your system’s performance by removing PUPs.
Click the following link to download Zemana Anti-Malware. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the downloading process is complete, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Free will try to update itself and when this task is done, click the “Scan” button to begin checking your system for the browser hijacker infection related to Search.betterconverterprotab.com search.
This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. You may remove items (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will start to remove browser hijacker related to Search.betterconverterprotab.com search.
Run HitmanPro to delete Search.betterconverterprotab.com startpage
All-in-all, Hitman Pro is a fantastic utility to free your personal computer from any unwanted programs like browser hijacker infection related to Search.betterconverterprotab.com . The HitmanPro is portable program that meaning, you don’t need to install it to run it. Hitman Pro is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Windows OS from MS Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 64-bit and 32-bit systems are supported.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button to start scanning your PC system for the hijacker that causes browsers to show undesired Search.betterconverterprotab.com web site. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer.
- Once HitmanPro has finished scanning, you will be shown the list of all found items on your machine. Next, you need to press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
How to remove Search.betterconverterprotab.com with MalwareBytes Free
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). You can download and install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to detect and get rid of Search.betterconverterprotab.com startpage from your PC system. When installed and updated, this free malware remover automatically detects and removes all threats present on the computer.
- Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once the download is complete, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the browser hijacker responsible for changing your browser settings to Search.betterconverterprotab.com. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
- When MalwareBytes Anti Malware is complete scanning your computer, it will show the Scan Results. All detected items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Quarantine Selected”. After the process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your machine.
The following video offers a tutorial on how to delete browser hijackers, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
Stop Search.betterconverterprotab.com redirect
To put it simply, you need to use an ad-blocker tool (AdGuard, for example). It’ll stop and protect you from all annoying web sites like Search.betterconverterprotab.com, ads and pop ups. To be able to do that, the adblocker program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious webpage, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad-blocking program automatically uses these filters, depending on the web-sites you’re visiting.
- Click the following link to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Search.betterconverterprotab.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Why has my homepage and search engine changed to Search.betterconverterprotab.com?
To sum up
After completing the guidance shown above, your computer should be clean from this hijacker and other malware. The IE, Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will no longer open intrusive Search.betterconverterprotab.com website on startup. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Search.betterconverterprotab.com .