Directions Maps Finder is classified as browser hijacker. It alters the home page, default search provider and new tab page of your installed internet browsers such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer. When this browser hijacker is installed, it will modify the internet browser’s settings so that they automatically being redirected to the Directions Maps Finder as your home page and use it for Internet searches. So, every time, when your web browser opens, it’ll open Directions Maps Finder web page. Furthermore, when you try to search through affected browser, it will redirect your queries first to Directions Maps Finder, and then on to Bing or Yahoo or Google Custom Search.
If your computer has been infected with Directions Maps Finder hijacker, every time you launch your web browser you will see this web-site. Of course you can setup your home page again, but next time you open a web browser you will see that Directions Maps Finder redirect return. As mentioned above, the browser hijacker can alter the default search provider on this annoying web-site too, so all your search queries will be rerouted to Directions Maps Finder. Thus the authors of the browser hijacker may gather the search terms of your queries, and reroute you to unwanted web sites.
As well as unwanted internet browser redirects to Directions Maps Finder, the hijacker may gather your Internet browsing activity by recording URLs visited, IP addresses, browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and web pages visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or personal data theft. This is another reason why the browser hijacker that redirects the browser to Directions Maps Finder, is defined as potentially unwanted application (PUA).
|Name||Directions Maps Finder|
|Type||browser hijacker, search engine hijacker, homepage hijacker, toolbar, unwanted new tab, redirect virus|
|Removal||Directions Maps Finder removal guide|
So, if you happen to encounter intrusive Directions Maps Finder redirect, then be quick and take effort to get rid of hijacker responsible for redirects to Directions Maps Finder as soon as possible. Follow the steps below to remove Directions Maps Finder . Let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
How to Remove Directions Maps Finder from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In the few simple steps below, we’ll try to cover the Firefox, Edge, Chrome and IE and provide general help to remove Directions Maps Finder redirect. You may find some minor differences in your Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: uninstall all suspicious and unknown applications, reset browsers settings, fix browsers shortcuts, use free malicious software removal utilities. Certain of the steps below will require you to exit this web-site. So, please read the few simple steps carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Directions Maps Finder, follow the steps below:
- How to delete Directions Maps Finder manually
- How to automatically get rid of Directions Maps Finder
- Run AdBlocker to block Directions Maps Finder and stay safe online
- How did you get infected with Directions Maps Finder hijacker
- To sum up
How to delete Directions Maps Finder manually
The useful removal steps for the Directions Maps Finder home page. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove Directions Maps Finder startpage let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Delete PUPs through the MS Windows Control Panel
It’s of primary importance to first identify and delete all potentially unwanted apps, adware programs and browser hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Microsoft Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Windows Control Panel.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel as displayed below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all applications installed on your machine. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown applications.
Remove Directions Maps Finder from Google Chrome
In this step we are going to show you how to reset Google Chrome settings. PUPs like the Directions Maps Finder can make changes to your web-browser settings including search engine by default, new tab and start page, add toolbars and undesired extensions. By resetting Chrome settings you will delete Directions Maps Finder and reset unwanted changes caused by hijacker. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Directions Maps Finder from Firefox by resetting browser settings
If Mozilla Firefox startpage or search provider are hijacked by the Directions Maps Finder, your web-browser shows annoying pop up ads, then ‘Reset Firefox’ could solve these problems. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the following example.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Firefox web-browser settings to their original settings.
Remove Directions Maps Finder redirect from IE
By resetting Internet Explorer internet browser you return your web browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by browser hijacker like Directions Maps Finder.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as displayed on the screen below.
After the process is done, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s newtab page, default search provider and homepage to default state.
How to automatically get rid of Directions Maps Finder
Malware removal tools are pretty effective when you think your PC system is infected by hijacker infection. Below we’ll discover best utilities which can scan for and remove Directions Maps Finder from your personal computer.
Scan and free your machine of Directions Maps Finder with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
Zemana Free highly recommended, because it can look for security threats such browser hijacker and adware software that most ‘classic’ antivirus software fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Directions Maps Finder browser hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) for Windows. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti-Malware installation on your computer.
- Select setup language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply press the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is complete, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will run automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana AntiMalware icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Free, let’s see How to use Zemana to remove Directions Maps Finder from your computer.
- After you have started the Zemana, you’ll see a window as displayed below, just press ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan with this utility for the browser hijacker infection.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana scans your PC.
- After the scan get finished, it will show the Scan Results. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Anti Malware may require a reboot machine in order to complete the Directions Maps Finder search removal process.
- If you want to permanently delete browser hijacker infection from your PC, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware, potentially unwanted applications and other items and click Delete.
- Restart your computer to complete the browser hijacker removal process.
Remove Directions Maps Finder search from internet browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro will help delete hijacker infection that causes web browsers to show intrusive Directions Maps Finder web-site that slow down your PC. The browser hijackers, adware and other potentially unwanted programs slow your web-browser down and try to mislead you into clicking on suspicious ads and links. Hitman Pro removes the hijacker and lets you enjoy your PC system without Directions Maps Finder start page.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of HitmanPro for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is complete, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button . HitmanPro tool will start scanning the whole computer to find out hijacker infection responsible for redirects to Directions Maps Finder. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the HitmanPro program is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- When HitmanPro is done scanning your system, HitmanPro will open a list of all threats detected by the scan. Review the report and then click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Delete Directions Maps Finder with MalwareBytes
We recommend using the MalwareBytes Free. You may download and install MalwareBytes to locate and remove Directions Maps Finder from your PC system. When installed and updated, this free malware remover automatically searches for and removes all threats present on the system.
Installing the MalwareBytes AntiMalware is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware on your system by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the download is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will try to update itself and when this process is complete, click the “Scan Now” button to look for browser hijacker responsible for modifying your web browser settings to Directions Maps Finder. This task may take some time, so please be patient. When you’re ready, click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Free is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we suggest you to read and follow the steps or the video guide below.
Run AdBlocker to block Directions Maps Finder and stay safe online
The AdGuard is a very good adblocker program for the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of undesired advertisements, popunders, popups, unwanted new tab pages, and even full page ads and web-site overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can block the Directions Maps Finder automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
Download AdGuard from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed in the following example.
Follow the prompts. After the setup is done, you will see a window similar to the one below.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Directions Maps Finder, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
How did you get infected with Directions Maps Finder hijacker
The browser hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to Directions Maps Finder, can be categorized as PUP (potentially unwanted program) that mostly comes on the PC system with other free software. Most often, this unwanted application comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their personal computer has been affected by malicious software. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your computer from any unwanted apps: do not install any suspicious programs, read the user agreement and choose only the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation method, do not rush to click the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the program on the Internet. Be careful and attentive! If Directions Maps Finder redirect has already come into your PC system, then you need to scan your computer for hijacker and other malicious software. Use our detailed few simple steps which are listed above.
To sum up
Now your machine should be free of the browser hijacker responsible for changing your web-browser settings to Directions Maps Finder. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your personal computer for new hijackers and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop undesired pop ups and malicious webpages). Moreover, to prevent any hijacker, please stay clear of unknown and third party applications, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to scan for potentially unwanted software.
If you need more help with Directions Maps Finder related issues, go to here.