What is Look-go.com?
According to cyber threat analysts, Look-go.com is a website promoted by Browser hijackers. Typically, browser hijackers make changes to the default homepage and search engine of user web-browsers, making it difficult to change them back. Browser hijackers can also include unwanted advertisements and pop ups to show up in the infected web browsers. Browser hijackers are usually installed with freeware or shareware download off from third-party webpages; they can also be found inside legitimate web-pages and apps.
The Look-go.com browser hijacker takes over your web-browser’s default search provider and controls what will be shown to you whenever you do a searching. Other than the search results, it also provides tons of annoying ads on the search page. Some of these ads can be designed to trick users into buying certain questionable products and programs. Moreover, sometimes, those advertisements could redirect users to misleading or malicious websites.
As well as unwanted browser redirects to Look-go.com, the hijacker can gather your Internet browsing activity by saving internet browser version and type, websites visited, cookie information, URLs visited, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and IP addresses. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or confidential info theft. This is another reason why the hijacker should be removed sooner.
How can a browser hijacker get on your computer
|Type||redirect virus, PUP, browser hijacker, search engine hijacker, start page hijacker|
|Affected Browser Settings||home page, newtab page URL, search engine|
|Distribution||fake updaters, free programs install packages, shady popup advertisements|
|Symptoms||Adverts appear in places they shouldn’t be. Web-page links redirect to web pages different from what you expected. Unexpected program installed without your say-so. Unwanted internet browser toolbar(s) Your internet browser homepage has replaced without your permission.|
|Removal||Look-go.com removal guide|
How to remove Look-go.com redirects (removal tutorial)
To delete Look-go.com from your browser, you must uninstall all suspicious apps and every file that could be related to the browser hijacker. Besides, to restore your browser homepage, default search provider and newtab, you should reset the infected internet browsers. As soon as you are complete with the removal procedure, we advise you scan your computer with free malware removal tools listed below. It will complete the removal procedure on your computer.
To remove Look-go.com, perform the following steps:
- How to manually remove Look-go.com
- Automatic Removal of Look-go.com
- How to stop Look-go.com redirect
How to manually remove Look-go.com
The useful removal instructions for the Look-go.com . The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of Look-go.com redirects let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Remove Look-go.com associated software by using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
We advise that you start the personal computer cleaning process by checking the list of installed applications and uninstall all unknown or suspicious programs. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful programs such as adware and hijackers may be bundled with free software. Uninstall the unwanted applications can get rid of the unwanted ads or internet browser redirect.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press the Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all programs installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Remove Look-go.com from browsers
Remove unwanted addons is a easy solution to delete Look-go.com and restore web browser’s settings which have been changed by hijacker.
|Google Chrome||Mozilla Firefox|
You can also try to get rid of Look-go.com redirect by reset Chrome settings.
If you are still experiencing problems with Look-go.com removal, you need to reset Mozilla Firefox browser.
Another solution to delete Look-go.com homepage from IE is reset Internet Explorer settings.
Automatic Removal of Look-go.com
Use malware removal tools to remove Look-go.com automatically. The free applications utilities specially designed for browser hijacker, adware and other potentially unwanted software removal. These tools can delete most of browser hijacker from Microsoft Internet Explorer, Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome. Moreover, it can remove all components of browser hijackers from Windows registry and system drives.
How to remove Look-go.com with Zemana Anti-Malware
You can download and use the Zemana AntiMalware for free. This antimalware tool will scan all the registry keys and files in your personal computer along with the system settings and web-browser extensions. If it finds any malware, adware or malicious extension that is causing redirect to Look-go.com web-site then the Zemana Anti-Malware will delete them from your computer completely.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Zemana for Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti-Malware install on your computer.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is complete, Zemana will run automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana Anti-Malware icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana AntiMalware, let’s see How to use Zemana AntiMalware to get rid of Look-go.com redirect from your computer.
- After you have started the Zemana, you’ll see a window like the one below, just click ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan with this tool for the hijacker.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Anti-Malware scans your PC system.
- After the scan get finished, you may check all threats found on your device. Once you’ve selected what you want to remove from your personal computer click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Anti-Malware may require a reboot PC in order to complete the Look-go.com removal procedure.
- If you want to permanently remove browser hijacker from your PC system, then press ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware, potentially unwanted applications and other threats and click Delete.
- Reboot your device to complete the browser hijacker removal process.
Run Hitman Pro to get rid of Look-go.com from the PC
Hitman Pro is a portable program which requires no hard installation to identify and delete browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Look-go.com web page. The application itself is small in size (only a few Mb). Hitman Pro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It’s probably easier to use than any alternative malicious software removal tools you have ever tried. Hitman Pro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal utility can be just as useful as the widely known antivirus programs.
- Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro by clicking on the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is finished, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to start checking your device for the browser hijacker that designed to redirect your internet browser to the Look-go.com website. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete.
- When HitmanPro has finished scanning, Hitman Pro will display a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found. You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes AntiMalware to remove Look-go.com
We recommend using the MalwareBytes. You can download and install MalwareBytes to look for and delete Look-go.com from your computer. When installed and updated, this free malicious software remover automatically searches for and removes all threats exist on the personal computer.
- Click the link below to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once downloading is complete, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your device for the browser hijacker that created to redirect your browser to the Look-go.com web-page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. When a malware, adware software or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete.
- Once MalwareBytes AntiMalware has completed scanning your PC system, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will produce a list of unwanted software and hijacker. Once you have selected what you want to remove from your computer press “Quarantine”. After finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC.
The following video offers a step-by-step instructions on how to remove hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes.
How to stop Look-go.com redirect
The AdGuard is a very good ad-blocker program for the Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of annoying advertisements, popunders, pop-ups, unwanted new tab pages, and even full page ads and web site overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can stop the Look-go.com redirect automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
Download AdGuard from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen such as the one below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is finished, you will see a window as shown on the screen below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Look-go.com, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Once you have removed the hijacker using the step-by-step instructions, Microsoft Edge, IE, Firefox and Chrome will no longer show the Look-go.com website on startup. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the Look-go.com redirects.