What is Lepetitdiary.com?
Lepetitdiary.com website is a scam that uses social engineering techniques to trick unsuspecting victims into allowing push notifications. Push notifications are originally designed to alert users of recently published news. Scammers abuse ‘push notifications’ to avoid antivirus and ad blocker programs by showing intrusive ads. These advertisements are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit suspicious websites, install browser extensions & so on.
The Lepetitdiary.com web-site says that you must subscribe to notifications in order to skip ads, (download a file, access the content of the web-page, connect to the Internet, enable Flash Player, watch a video, and so on). Once you click on the ‘Allow’ button, then your browser will be configured to show intrusive adverts on your desktop, even when you are not using the internet browser.
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||misleading pop up advertisements, social engineering attack, potentially unwanted apps, adware|
|Removal||Lepetitdiary.com removal guide|
How does your PC get infected with Lepetitdiary.com pop ups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Lepetitdiary.com from misleading advertisements or by PUPs and adware software. Adware is not as dangerous as such as a computer virus or Ransomware, but its presence can bring constant popups and/or annoying adverts. Actually creators of adware is associated with some third-party ad networks and by displaying adverts to users they generate money for yourself. These ads not only bother your browsing experience but also redirect your web browser to malicious web pages.
Adware software usually comes along with freeware. So, when you installing free applications, carefully read the disclaimers, choose the Custom or Advanced setup method to watch for additional software that are being installed, because certain of the software are PUPs and adware software.
Remove Lepetitdiary.com notifications from web browsers
If the scammers have achieved their goal and you clicked the Allow button, then you need to open web browser settings as soon as possible and turn off rogue push notifications. To delete the Lepetitdiary.com notifications, use the following steps. These steps are for MS Windows, Mac OS and Android.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Remove the Lepetitdiary.com site and other rogue notifications by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- In the right upper corner, find and tap the Chrome menu (three dots).
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, locate the Lepetitdiary.com URL and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the top right corner of the browser window, click on the three horizontal stripes to expand the Main menu.
- Select ‘Options’ and click on ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left hand side of the browser window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Find sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Lepetitdiary.com), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- Click the More button (three dots) in the top right hand corner of the window.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Right-click the Lepetitdiary.com. Click ‘Delete’.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the top right hand corner of the window.
- Select ‘Internet options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Find the Lepetitdiary.com site and click the ‘Remove’ button to delete the site.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Check for Lepetitdiary.com, other dubious URLs and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
How to remove Lepetitdiary.com pop-up ads (removal instructions)
The adware software is a form of malicious software that you might have difficulty in removing it from your PC. Thankfully, you have found the effective Lepetitdiary.com pop ups removal guidance in this blog post. Both the manual removal method and the automatic removal way will be provided below and you can just choose the one that best for you. If you’ve any questions or need assist then type a comment below. Certain of the steps below will require you to exit this web-site. So, please read the guide carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Lepetitdiary.com pop ups, perform the following steps:
- Remove Lepetitdiary.com notifications from web browsers
- Manual Lepetitdiary.com advertisements removal
- Automatic Removal of Lepetitdiary.com pop-up ads
- Stop Lepetitdiary.com pop ups
Manual Lepetitdiary.com advertisements removal
Looking for a method to delete Lepetitdiary.com popup advertisements manually without installing any utilities? Then this section of the article is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of web browser and MS Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free tools listed below that can allow you get rid of Lepetitdiary.com advertisements.
Removing the Lepetitdiary.com, check the list of installed apps first
Some programs are free only because their install package contains an adware. This unwanted programs generates profit for the authors when it is installed. More often this adware can be deleted by simply uninstalling it from the ‘Uninstall a Program’ that is located in MS Windows control panel.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Get rid of Lepetitdiary.com pop up advertisements from Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox settings such as default search provider, startpage and newtab have been replaced by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Lepetitdiary.com adware. After, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Lepetitdiary.com pop-up ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome will assist you to get rid of Lepetitdiary.com ads from your internet browser as well as to restore web-browser settings infected by adware. All unwanted, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions will also be removed from the web-browser. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as displayed on the image below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Remove Lepetitdiary.com popups from Internet Explorer
By resetting IE browser you restore your internet browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware related to the Lepetitdiary.com pop ups.
First, open the IE, press ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware software that causes the annoying Lepetitdiary.com popups, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings like search engine, new tab and homepage to default state.
Automatic Removal of Lepetitdiary.com pop-up ads
If you are not expert at computer technology, then we suggest to use free removal utilities listed below to get rid of Lepetitdiary.com advertisements for good. The automatic method is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual method. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Lepetitdiary.com removal is a better option.
Use Zemana Anti-Malware to get rid of Lepetitdiary.com ads
Zemana AntiMalware is a free tool that performs a scan of your PC and displays if there are existing adware, browser hijackers, viruses, worms, spyware, trojans and other malware residing on your personal computer. If malicious software is detected, Zemana AntiMalware can automatically remove it. Zemana does not conflict with other anti-malware and antivirus software installed on your device.
- Zemana Anti-Malware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti-Malware install on your PC system.
- Select installation language and press ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is complete, Zemana AntiMalware will start automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana AntiMalware icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana, let’s see How to use Zemana AntiMalware to remove Lepetitdiary.com popups from your computer.
- After you have launched the Zemana, you’ll see a window as on the image below, just press ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan for the adware software.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana AntiMalware scans your personal computer.
- Once the scanning is complete, Zemana will display a list of all threats detected by the scan. Review the report and then click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana AntiMalware may require a reboot PC in order to complete the Lepetitdiary.com pop-ups removal process.
- If you want to fully remove adware from your PC system, then press ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware, PUPs and other threats and click Delete.
- Restart your PC system to complete the adware removal procedure.
Use Hitman Pro to delete Lepetitdiary.com pop ups
The Hitman Pro utility is free (30 day trial) and easy to use. It can scan and remove malicious software, PUPs and adware in Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer web browsers and thereby remove all annoying Lepetitdiary.com ads. Hitman Pro is powerful enough to find and get rid of harmful registry entries and files that are hidden on the personal computer.
Click the following link to download HitmanPro. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After downloading is complete, open the file location and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will run the HitmanPro utility. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to open the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to search for adware software that causes multiple annoying popups. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC system and the speed of your device. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
When finished, Hitman Pro will show you the results as on the image below.
When you’re ready, press “Next” button. It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will remove adware software which causes popups and move the selected items to the Quarantine. When that process is finished, the utility may ask you to restart your device.
How to remove Lepetitdiary.com with MalwareBytes AntiMalware
If you are still having problems with the Lepetitdiary.com pop-up ads — or just wish to scan your PC occasionally for adware and other malware — download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. It is free for home use, and searches for and deletes various unwanted programs that attacks your device or degrades PC performance. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware can delete adware software, potentially unwanted applications as well as malicious software, including ransomware and trojans.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for MS Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is done, please close all applications and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes AntiMalware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes Anti-Malware program will scan through the whole PC system for the adware software related to the Lepetitdiary.com popups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your device and the speed of your PC system.
- When the scan is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- When you’re ready, click the “Quarantine” button. When the task is done, you may be prompted to restart the device.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Lepetitdiary.com pop ups
In order to increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying ads and malicious websites, you need to use ad blocker program that blocks an access to malicious advertisements and web pages. Moreover, the program can stop the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as shown on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guidance that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Lepetitdiary.com, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that may be found on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popup ads and intrusive harmful webpages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your PC system for new malware, hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, malicious software and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Lepetitdiary.com advertisements from your web browser, then ask for help here.