What is Trends-celebs.com?
Trends-celebs.com pop-ups are a scam which is designed to deceive unsuspecting users into allowing browser push notifications. Push notifications are originally created to alert users of newly published blog posts. Cyber criminals abuse ‘push notifications’ to avoid antivirus and ad blocking applications by displaying unwanted ads. These advertisements are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit suspicious web-pages, install web-browser extensions & so on.
The Trends-celebs.com web-site asks you to click on the ‘Allow’ button in order to access the content of the website, download a file, connect to the Internet, watch a video, enable Flash Player, and so on. Once you click the ‘Allow’ button, then you will start seeing unwanted ads in form of pop-up windows on the web browser.
|Name||Trends-celebs.com pop up|
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||shady popup advertisements, adware, potentially unwanted software, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Trends-celebs.com removal guide|
How did you get infected with Trends-celebs.com popups
These Trends-celebs.com popups are caused by dubious ads on the web-sites you visit or adware. Adware can cause issues for your personal computer. Adware can show unwanted adverts on your web-browser so that your cannot stop them, redirect your browser to shady webpages, and it can cause scam web pages to pop up on your internet browser. Adware might end up on your personal computer after you download and install free programs from a dubious source.
Remove Trends-celebs.com notifications from web-browsers
If the scammers have achieved their goal and you clicked the Allow button, then you need to open browser settings as soon as possible and turn off rogue notifications. To delete the Trends-celebs.com notifications, perform the steps below. These steps are for MS Windows, Mac OS and Android.
- Click on ‘three dots menu’ button at the top right corner of the Google Chrome window.
- Select ‘Settings’, scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Advanced’.
- When the drop-down menu appears, tap ‘Settings’. Scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Click ‘three dots’ button on the right hand side of Trends-celebs.com site or other dubious site and click ‘Remove’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Tap on the Menu button (three dots) on the top right hand corner of the screen.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Tap on ‘Site settings’ and then ‘Notifications’. In the opened window, locate the Trends-celebs.com site, other rogue notifications and tap on them one-by-one.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the right upper corner of the browser window, click the Menu button, represented by three bars.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Options’. In the left side select ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Trends-celebs.com domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right hand corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button below ‘Website permissions’.
- Right-click the Trends-celebs.com. Click ‘Delete’.
- Click the Gear button on the top right hand corner.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Find the Trends-celebs.com URL and click the ‘Remove’ button to delete the site.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Locate the Trends-celebs.com URL and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
How to remove Trends-celebs.com pop up advertisements from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In many cases adware requires more than a simple uninstall with the help of Windows Control panel in order to be fully deleted. For that reason, our team designed several removal methods that we have summarized in a detailed guide. Therefore, if you’ve the unwanted Trends-celebs.com pop-ups on your personal computer and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the step-by-step instructions below in order to resolve your problem. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to exit your web browser or reboot your device.
To remove Trends-celebs.com pop ups, follow the steps below:
- Remove Trends-celebs.com notifications from web-browsers
- How to manually delete Trends-celebs.com
- Automatic Removal of Trends-celebs.com advertisements
- Stop Trends-celebs.com pop-up ads
How to manually delete Trends-celebs.com
In most cases, it’s possible to manually get rid of Trends-celebs.com advertisements. This method does not involve the use of any tricks or removal tools. You just need to recover the normal settings of the computer and browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly get rid of Trends-celebs.com ads, as well as perform a full scan of your PC, we recommend that you run adware removal tools, which are listed below.
Remove recently added adware
The best way to begin the device cleanup is to remove unknown and dubious applications. Using the MS Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded software can clean up the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox from popup advertisements, hijackers and so on.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Delete Trends-celebs.com ads from Firefox
If the Firefox web browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings like search engine by default, new tab and startpage to their original settings. It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, launch the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown on the screen below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the Trends-celebs.com adware. After, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Trends-celebs.com pop-ups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings such as default search engine, homepage and new tab had been changed by adware that causes multiple annoying popups, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset internet browser procedure.
First, run the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed in the following example. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Trends-celebs.com popup ads from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome will help you to get rid of Trends-celebs.com pop up ads from your internet browser as well as to restore internet browser settings hijacked by adware. All unwanted, malicious and adware add-ons will also be removed from the web-browser. Essential information such as bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
- First launch the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is complete, your web browser’s default search engine, homepage and newtab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Trends-celebs.com advertisements
There are not many good free anti malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malicious software, adware, hijackers and other potentially unwanted applications. We recommend to run several applications, not just one. These programs which listed below will help you delete all components of the adware software from your disk and Windows registry and thereby delete Trends-celebs.com advertisements.
Run Zemana to remove Trends-celebs.com pop ups
Thinking about get rid of Trends-celebs.com pop up advertisements from your web browser? Then pay attention to Zemana. This is a well-known tool, originally created just to look for and delete malicious software, adware software and PUPs. But by now it has seriously changed and can not only rid you of malicious software, but also protect your device from malicious software and adware, as well as identify and delete common viruses and trojans.
- Visit the page linked below to download Zemana. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After downloading is complete, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, click the “Scan” button . Zemana AntiMalware program will scan through the whole computer for the adware that causes the intrusive Trends-celebs.com pop-up advertisements. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your PC system. During the scan Zemana will search for threats present on your computer.
- After the scan is complete, you’ll be shown the list of all detected items on your computer. You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next”. Once the procedure is done, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
Remove Trends-celebs.com ads and harmful extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free removal utility that can check your computer for a wide range of security threats such as malware, adware softwares, potentially unwanted applications as well as adware that causes the unwanted Trends-celebs.com pop-ups. It will perform a deep scan of your PC including hard drives and Windows registry. When a malware is found, it will help you to delete all found threats from your computer by a simple click.
- Visit the following page to download HitmanPro. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When downloading is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware that causes Trends-celebs.com pop ups. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- Once HitmanPro has completed scanning, Hitman Pro will display a scan report. You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Run MalwareBytes to delete Trends-celebs.com pop-up ads
If you are still having issues with the Trends-celebs.com pop-ups — or just wish to check your PC occasionally for adware software and other malware — download MalwareBytes. It is free for home use, and identifies and removes various unwanted software that attacks your PC or degrades computer performance. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware can remove adware software, PUPs as well as malware, including ransomware and trojans.
Download MalwareBytes AntiMalware from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the download is done, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will try to update itself and when this process is done, click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes program will scan through the whole computer for the adware software related to the Trends-celebs.com advertisements. This task may take some time, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware is a free program that you can use to delete all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we suggest you to read and follow the few simple steps or the video guide below.
Stop Trends-celebs.com pop-up ads
It is important to use ad-blocker applications such as AdGuard to protect your device from malicious web-pages. Most security experts says that it’s okay to stop advertisements. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to stop Trends-celebs.com and other unwanted web sites.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. After the setup is finished, you will see a window as displayed in the following example.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Trends-celebs.com, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted advertisements and unwanted harmful web sites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new adware and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Trends-celebs.com pop ups from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Edge, then ask for help here.