What is Dougale.com?
Dougale.com pop-ups are a scam that uses social engineering techniques to lure users into allowing push notifications from malicious (ad) push servers. Push notifications are originally designed to alert users of recently published news. Cyber criminals abuse ‘push notifications’ to avoid antivirus software and ad blocker software by displaying unwanted ads. These advertisements are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit dubious webpages, install internet browser extensions & so on.
Dougale.com displays a fake message (Click Allow if you are not a robot) that attempts to get you to click the ‘Allow’ to subscribe to its notifications. Once you click the ‘Allow’ button, then your browser will be configured to display pop up adverts in the lower right corner of your desktop.
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||potentially unwanted applications, adware, social engineering attack, malicious pop-up ads|
|Removal||Dougale.com removal guide|
How did you get infected with Dougale.com pop ups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Dougale.com from malicious advertisements or by potentially unwanted apps and adware. Adware is a form of malware that displays unwanted ads to the user of a personal computer. The advertisements caused by adware are sometimes in the form of a in-text link, pop up or sometimes in an unclosable window.
Remove Dougale.com notifications from web-browsers
If you’re getting browser notifications from the Dougale.com or another scam web site, you will have previously pressed the ‘Allow’ button. Below we’ll teach you how to turn them off.
- In the top-right corner, expand the Google Chrome menu.
- Select ‘Settings’, scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Advanced’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Privacy and security’ section, select ‘Site settings’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Locate the Dougale.com site and remove it by clicking the three vertical dots on the right to the site and select ‘Remove’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the top right corner, find and tap the Chrome menu (three dots).
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Tap on ‘Site settings’ and then ‘Notifications’. In the opened window, find the Dougale.com URL, other rogue notifications and tap on them one-by-one.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the top-right corner, click the Menu button, represented by three bars.
- Choose ‘Options’ and click on ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left hand side of the screen.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ and then to ‘Settings’ next to ‘Notifications’.
- Find sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Dougale.com), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top right hand corner, click the Edge menu button (it looks like three dots).
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Right-click the Dougale.com URL. Click ‘Delete’.
- In the right upper corner of the browser, click on the menu button (gear icon).
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Select the Dougale.com site and other suspicious sites below and remove them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Locate the Dougale.com domain and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
How to remove Dougale.com popup ads from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
We recommend opting for automatic Dougale.com pop-up advertisements removal in order to remove all adware related entries easily. This solution requires scanning the PC with reputable antimalware, e.g. Zemana, MalwareBytes Free or HitmanPro. However, if you prefer manual removal steps, you can use the steps below in this post. Certain of the steps below will require you to exit this web-site. So, please read the steps carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Dougale.com pop ups, execute the steps below:
- Remove Dougale.com notifications from web-browsers
- How to manually remove Dougale.com
- Automatic Removal of Dougale.com pop up ads
- Stop Dougale.com advertisements
How to manually remove Dougale.com
First try to delete Dougale.com pop-ups manually; to do this, follow the steps below. Of course, manual removal of adware requires more time and may not be suitable for those who are poorly versed in computer settings. In this case, we recommend that you scroll down to the section that describes how to get rid of Dougale.com popup advertisements using free utilities.
Removing the Dougale.com, check the list of installed applications first
First of all, check the list of installed apps on your device and remove all unknown and newly added applications. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malware and you should clean it off first with malware removal utility like Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM).
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) like below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and remove all suspicious and unknown software. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. When you’ve found anything questionable that may be the adware that causes multiple unwanted pop ups or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable application blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully get rid of it from your PC system.
Delete Dougale.com popup ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web-browser you revert back your web browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware software responsible for Dougale.com advertisements.
First, start the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The IE will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware responsible for Dougale.com popup ads, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like default search engine, newtab page and home page to default state.
Remove Dougale.com advertisements from Google Chrome
Resetting Chrome to default state is effective in deleting the Dougale.com pop up ads from your internet browser. This way is always advisable to perform if you have trouble in removing changes caused by adware.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, press to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as displayed in the following example and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Get rid of Dougale.com from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If Mozilla Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware software, your web-browser displays annoying pop-up advertisements, then ‘Reset Mozilla Firefox’ could solve these problems. Keep in mind that resetting your browser will not remove your history, bookmarks, passwords, and other saved data.
Start the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page similar to the one below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Dougale.com adware. Once, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of Dougale.com pop up ads
If the Dougale.com popups are still there, the situation is more serious. But do not worry. There are several utilities that are developed to locate and remove adware software from your browser and PC. If you’re searching for a free way to adware removal, then Zemana AntiMalware is a good option. Also you can get Hitman Pro and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Both programs also available for free unlimited scanning and for removal of found malicious software, adware and potentially unwanted programs.
How to get rid of Dougale.com popups with Zemana Anti-Malware
Does Zemana Free uninstall adware software responsible for Dougale.com pop-up ads? The adware is often downloaded with malware that can cause you to install an program such as browser hijackers you don’t want. Therefore, recommend using the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM). It’s a tool created to scan and remove adware and other malicious software from your computer for free.
Now you can install and run Zemana Free to delete Dougale.com ads from your browser by following the steps below:
Click the link below to download Zemana setup file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your device. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Run the setup file after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to install this tool on your personal computer.
During setup you can change some settings, but we recommend you do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation is complete, this malicious software removal tool will automatically start and update itself. You will see its main window as shown in the figure below.
Now press the “Scan” button for checking your PC for the adware that causes popups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your device. While the utility is scanning, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
When Zemana AntiMalware has finished scanning, Zemana will show a list of found threats. Review the report and then press “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will remove adware responsible for Dougale.com pop ups and move the selected threats to the program’s quarantine. Once the cleaning procedure is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system to make the change take effect.
Remove Dougale.com pop-ups from web-browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro will help delete adware that causes Dougale.com popup ads in your internet browser that slow down your PC system. The browser hijackers, adware and other potentially unwanted applications slow your web browser down and try to mislead you into clicking on malicious advertisements and links. Hitman Pro removes the adware software and lets you enjoy your computer without Dougale.com advertisements.
Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once downloading is done, open the directory in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. After the utility is opened, you will see a screen as shown on the image below.
Further, press “Next” button for scanning your device for the adware which causes popups. This process can take some time, so please be patient. As the scanning ends, Hitman Pro will show you the results as shown below.
In order to remove all threats, simply click “Next” button. It will display a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button.
Delete Dougale.com ads with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM)
If you are having problems with Dougale.com advertisements removal, then check out MalwareBytes. This is a tool that can help clean up your computer and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
- Download MalwareBytes AntiMalware on your PC by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti Malware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will open and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware software that causes Dougale.com ads in your web-browser. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. While the tool is checking, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When the scan get completed, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click the “Quarantine” button. Once disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Dougale.com advertisements
If you surf the Net, you can’t avoid malvertising. But you can protect your browser against it. Download and use an ad blocker program. AdGuard is an ad blocking which can filter out a lot of of the malicious advertising, blocking dynamic scripts from loading malicious content.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Dougale.com, as well as other malicious or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you block intrusive advertisements and malicious web sites). Moreover, to prevent any adware software, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to search for potentially unwanted applications.
If you need more help with Dougale.com pop up ads related issues, go to here.