What is NiceTab?
The security professionals have determined that NiceTab is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) that belongs to the category of browser hijackers. Typically, browser hijackers make changes to the default homepage and search engine of user internet browsers, making it difficult to change them back. Browser hijackers may also include unwanted popups and ads to show up in the affected web browsers. Browser hijackers are usually installed with freeware or shareware download off from third-party web pages; they can also be found inside legitimate web sites and software.
The NiceTab browser hijacker takes over your internet browser’s default search engine and controls what will be shown to you whenever you do a searching. Other than the search results, it also provides advertisements on the search page. Some of these ads developed to force you into buying some questionable products and programs. Moreover, sometimes, those ads you to misleading or malicious websites.
In addition to the above, NiceTab has the ability to gather lots of user data which can be later transferred third party companies. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely do not know what will happen when you click on any advertisements on the NiceTab website.
If the Firefox, Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer have been affected by the NiceTab browser hijacker, you must have done the steps below. Once you have cleaned your personal computer by following our few simple steps, make sure not to commit the same mistakes again in the future.
How can a browser hijacker get on your personal computer
|Type||search provider hijacker, redirect virus, browser hijacker, PUP, homepage hijacker|
|Affected Browser Settings||start page, newtab page URL, search engine|
|Distribution||misleading popup advertisements, free software install packages, fake update tools|
|Symptoms||Advertising banners appear in places they shouldn’t be. Every time you perform an Internet search, your browser is redirected to another web site. Your PC starts automatically installing unwanted apps. Unexpected web browser plugins or toolbar keep coming back. Your browser start page has changed without your permission.|
|Removal||NiceTab removal guide|
How to remove NiceTab from Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
If you have unwanted homepage or search provider, consistent pop-ups or advertisements, slow device, freezing computer issues, you are in need of browser hijacker removal assistance. The step-by-step guidance below will guide you forward to get NiceTab browser hijacker removed and will assist you get your PC operating at peak capacity again.
To remove NiceTab, perform the steps below:
- How to manually delete NiceTab
- Automatic Removal of NiceTab
- How to stop NiceTab redirect
How to manually delete NiceTab
The useful removal guidance for the NiceTab hijacker. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to delete the browser hijacker let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Remove unwanted or recently added apps
We recommend that you start the computer cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed apps and delete all unknown or questionable programs. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful programs such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free programs. Remove the unwanted applications can remove the annoying advertisements or browser redirect.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Remove NiceTab from Chrome
In order to be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset Google Chrome browser. It will restore Chrome settings including newtab, search provider by default and home page to defaults.
- First, run the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove NiceTab hijacker from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web-browser you revert back your browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by hijacker such as NiceTab.
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
Remove NiceTab browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting Mozilla Firefox browser will reset all the settings to their default state and will remove NiceTab, malicious add-ons and extensions. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu such as the one below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Mozilla Firefox internet browser settings to their default values.
Automatic Removal of NiceTab
If your computer is still infected with the NiceTab hijacker, then the best method of detection and removal is to run an anti malware scan on the computer. Download free malware removal utilities below and start a full system scan. It will allow you remove all components of the hijacker from hardisk and Windows registry.
Run Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) to remove NiceTab browser hijacker
Zemana is a free utility that performs a scan of your PC and displays if there are existing adware software, browser hijackers, viruses, worms, spyware, trojans and other malicious software residing on your computer. If malware is found, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) can automatically remove it. Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) doesn’t conflict with other antimalware and antivirus software installed on your computer.
- Installing the Zemana is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) install on your PC.
- Select setup language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is complete, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will run automatically. Else, if does not then double-click on the Zemana Anti-Malware icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Free, let’s see How to use Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) to remove NiceTab hijacker from your computer.
- After you have opened the Zemana, you will see a window as displayed below, just click ‘Scan’ button for checking your PC for the hijacker.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Free scans your personal computer.
- As the scanning ends, a list of all threats found is prepared. All detected threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana may require a reboot computer in order to complete the NiceTab hijacker removal process.
- If you want to permanently delete browser hijacker from your computer, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware, PUPs and other threats and click Delete.
- Reboot your device to complete the hijacker removal process.
Remove NiceTab browser hijacker from internet browsers with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a portable tool which scans for and removes unwanted applications such as browser hijackers, adware, toolbars, other internet browser extensions and other malware. It scans your personal computer for NiceTab hijacker and prepares a list of items marked for removal. HitmanPro will only remove those undesired programs that you wish to be removed.
- Download HitmanPro on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is done, run the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” . HitmanPro program will scan through the whole personal computer for the NiceTab browser hijacker. While the tool is scanning, you can see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- When HitmanPro is finished scanning your computer, Hitman Pro will produce a list of unwanted applications and hijacker. You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to delete NiceTab browser hijacker
Get rid of NiceTab hijacker manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker is not fully removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware that are fully clean your device. Moreover, this free program will allow you to delete malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and adware that your computer can be infected too.
Installing the MalwareBytes is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes from the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When downloading is done, close all windows on your PC. Further, start the file named MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the Setup wizard which will help you install MalwareBytes Free on the personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is complete successfully, press “Get Started” button. Then MalwareBytes will automatically start and you can see its main window similar to the one below.
Next, press the “Scan” button for scanning your PC for the NiceTab hijacker. This task can take some time, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted programs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
When the system scan is complete, you can check all items found on your computer. Review the scan results and then click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti Malware will get rid of NiceTab browser hijacker. After disinfection is complete, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to delete hijackers, adware software and other malware.
How to stop NiceTab redirect
In order to increase your security and protect your personal computer against new unwanted advertisements and malicious web-sites, you need to use adblocker program that stops an access to malicious advertisements and web pages. Moreover, the application can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. When the install is done, you will see a window similar to the one below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block NiceTab redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which may be found on your desktop.
Once you have removed the hijacker using this few simple steps, Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer will no longer show the NiceTab webpage on startup. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help here.