What is Hey-brazil.net?
There are many scam websites on the Internet and Hey-brazil.net is one of them. It is a deceptive web-page which attempts to deceive computer users into subscribing to push notifications. Scammers use push notifications to bypass protection against popups in the web browser and therefore display a large number of unwanted ads. These ads are used to promote dubious web-browser add-ons, giveaway scams, adware bundles, and adult web sites.
Hey-brazil.net shows the message ‘Click Allow to’ (watch a video, enable Flash Player, access the content of the web-site, connect to the Internet, download a file), asking the user to subscribe to notifications. Once enabled, the Hey-brazil.net notifications will start popping up in the lower right corner of the desktop randomly and spam you with annoying adverts.
In order to unsubscribe from the Hey-brazil.net push notifications open your browser’s settings and follow the simple steps below. Once you disable Hey-brazil.net notifications in your web-browser, you will never see any unwanted ads being displayed on your desktop.
|Name||Hey-brazil.net pop up|
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||social engineering attack, misleading pop-up advertisements, potentially unwanted software, adware|
|Removal||Hey-brazil.net removal guide|
How did you get infected with Hey-brazil.net pop ups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Hey-brazil.net from misleading advertisements or by PUPs and adware. Adware is a form of malware. It is developed to bombard you with annoying ads and pop up windows that could potentially be dangerous for your computer. If you get adware on your device, it can change browser settings and install harmful browser add-ons.
The majority of adware spreads together with free software or even paid programs that Web users can easily download online. The setup files of such software, in many cases, clearly show that they will install additional apps. The option is given to users to block the installation of any additional programs. So, in order to avoid the setup of any adware: read all disclaimers and install screens very carefully, select only Custom or Advanced install mode and disable all third-party apps in which you are unsure.
How to remove Hey-brazil.net pop-ups (removal guide)
As with removing adware, malicious software or PUPs, there are few steps you can do. We recommend trying them all. If you do only one part of the guidance, then it should be use malicious software removal tool, because it should remove adware and block any further infection. But to completely get rid of Hey-brazil.net popups you’ll have to at least reset your internet browser settings like default search provider, newtab and start page to default state, disinfect PC’s internet browsers shortcuts, delete all unwanted and suspicious software, and delete adware by malicious software removal utilities. Certain of the steps will require you to restart your personal computer or exit this web site. So, read this guidance carefully, then bookmark this page or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Hey-brazil.net pop ups, perform the following steps:
- How to remove Hey-brazil.net ads without any software
- Automatic Removal of Hey-brazil.net popups
- Use AdBlocker to block Hey-brazil.net and stay safe online
How to remove Hey-brazil.net ads without any software
In most cases, it’s possible to manually delete Hey-brazil.net pop-up ads. This solution does not involve the use of any tricks or removal tools. You just need to restore the normal settings of the personal computer and internet browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly get rid of Hey-brazil.net popups, as well as perform a full scan of your computer, we recommend that you run adware removal tools, which are listed below.
Uninstall newly added PUPs
It’s of primary importance to first identify and get rid of all potentially unwanted programs, adware programs and hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your MS Windows Control Panel.
Make sure you have closed all browsers and other software. Next, uninstall any unwanted and suspicious software from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of programs installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the adware that causes multiple unwanted pop ups. Select the questionable program or the program that name is not familiar to you and remove it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Select a dubious or unknown application, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to uninstall this application from your PC.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an unwanted application, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Hey-brazil.net notifications from internet browsers
If you’re getting notifications from the Hey-brazil.net or another unwanted web site, you will have previously pressed the ‘Allow’ button. Below we’ll teach you how to turn them off.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Remove the Hey-brazil.net site and other suspicious sites by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the top-right corner, tap on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, locate the Hey-brazil.net URL and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the right upper corner of the Firefox, click the Menu button, represented by three bars.
- Choose ‘Options’ and click on ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left hand side of the browser window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ and then to ‘Settings’ next to ‘Notifications’.
- Find sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Hey-brazil.net), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- Click the More button (it looks like three dots) in the top-right corner.
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the Hey-brazil.net.
- Click the Gear button on the top-right corner of the browser.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Hey-brazil.net site and other questionable URLs below and remove them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Find the Hey-brazil.net URL and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
Delete Hey-brazil.net popups from Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web browser, which installed by an malicious software.
First, run the Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Remove Hey-brazil.net ads from Firefox
Resetting Firefox internet browser will reset all the settings to their default values and will remove Hey-brazil.net popups, malicious add-ons and extensions. Keep in mind that resetting your internet browser will not remove your history, bookmarks, passwords, and other saved data.
Start the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Hey-brazil.net adware. After, it’s done, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Hey-brazil.net pop-ups from Google Chrome
If your Chrome web-browser is redirected to annoying Hey-brazil.net page, it may be necessary to completely reset your internet browser program to its default settings.
- First, run the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Hey-brazil.net popups
If you’re not expert at computers, then all your attempts to delete Hey-brazil.net pop-up advertisements by following the manual steps above might result in failure. To find and remove all of the adware related files and registry entries that keep this adware software on your computer, use free anti malware software like Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes Anti Malware and HitmanPro from our list below.
Remove Hey-brazil.net advertisements with Zemana
Zemana Anti Malware is free full featured malware removal utility. It can check your files and MS Windows registry in real-time. Zemana can help to get rid of Hey-brazil.net advertisements, other potentially unwanted programs, malware and adware. It uses 1% of your computer resources. This tool has got simple and beautiful interface and at the same time effective protection for your device.
Visit the page linked below to download Zemana Anti Malware. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the download is complete, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will try to update itself and when this task is complete, click the “Scan” button to scan for adware that causes Hey-brazil.net popups in your internet browser.
Depending on your device, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Zemana Anti-Malware is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software. In order to remove all items, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana will get rid of adware that causes pop ups and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine.
Remove Hey-brazil.net pop-up advertisements from browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro frees your computer from hijackers, PUPs, unwanted toolbars, web-browser extensions and other undesired software such as adware that causes pop ups. The free removal tool will help you enjoy your PC to its fullest. HitmanPro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to look for if there are undesired programs in your computer. You can review the scan results, and choose the items you want to erase.
- Download HitmanPro on your PC system from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is finished, run the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” for scanning your device for the adware responsible for Hey-brazil.net ads. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your PC. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
- When Hitman Pro is done scanning your PC, the results are displayed in the scan report. Once you have selected what you wish to delete from your device click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Remove Hey-brazil.net pop-ups with MalwareBytes
If you’re having issues with Hey-brazil.net popup advertisements removal, then check out MalwareBytes AntiMalware. This is a utility that can help clean up your computer and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
Installing the MalwareBytes is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware on your device from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When downloading is finished, close all applications and windows on your PC system. Double-click the install file named MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard that will help you setup MalwareBytes on your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, click “Get Started” button. MalwareBytes Anti Malware will automatically start and you can see its main screen like below.
Now click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your personal computer for the adware software that causes multiple annoying pop ups. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
When that process is complete, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will open a list of found items. All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Quarantine” button. The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will remove adware which causes the annoying Hey-brazil.net pop-up ads. After that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware to get rid of adware, browser hijacker and other malware.
Use AdBlocker to block Hey-brazil.net and stay safe online
It’s important to run adblocker applications like AdGuard to protect your computer from malicious web sites. Most security experts says that it’s okay to block advertisements. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard may to block Hey-brazil.net and other intrusive web-sites.
First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial as displayed in the figure below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Hey-brazil.net, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you’ve complete the step-by-step tutorial above, your personal computer should be clean from this adware and other malware. The MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome will no longer display annoying Hey-brazil.net website when you browse the World Wide Web. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Hey-brazil.net pop-ups.