What is GamerSearch
GamerSearch is supposed to be an app that will improve the browsing experience, but according to security professionals, this application is adware. Adware is unwanted software developed to throw advertisements up on your web-browser screen. Adware generates profit for its author by constantly displaying a lot of advertisements and popup deals. You might experience a change in your homepage or search engine, new tabs opening or even a redirect to malicious websites.
Another reason why you need to remove adware software is its online data-tracking activity. Adware software is often harmless, but sometimes the adware you inadvertently download can also be spyware. Spyware can sometimes seek out your privacy data stored on the PC system, gather this information and use it to steal your identity.
In the steps below, we will explain helpful solutions on how to delete GamerSearch adware from your PC and clean your web browser of intrusive advertisements.
How does GamerSearch get on your PC
Most of unwanted ads and pop ups come from internet browser toolbars and/or plugins, BHOs (browser helper objects) and optional programs. In many cases, these items claim itself as apps which improve your experience on the Web by providing a fast and interactive startpage or a search engine that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted apps. Be cautious, start only reputable apps which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and suspicious software.
|Associated domains||portal.gamer-search.com, feed.gamer-search.com|
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted program (PUP), pop up ads, popups, pop up virus|
|Removal||GamerSearch removal guide|
How to remove GamerSearch (removal steps)
In the guidance below we will have a look at the adware and how to remove GamerSearch from Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge and Mozilla Firefox internet browsers for MS Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal utilities. Some of the steps below will require you to exit this web site. So, please read the steps carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove GamerSearch, follow the steps below:
- Manual GamerSearch adware removal
- Automatic Removal of GamerSearch adware
- How to stay safe online
- To sum up
Manual GamerSearch adware removal
In most cases, it is possible to manually delete adware. This solution does not involve the use of any tricks or removal tools. You just need to recover the normal settings of the machine and internet browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly delete GamerSearch, as well as perform a full scan of your system, we recommend that you use adware software removal tools, which are listed below.
Remove potentially unwanted apps through the MS Windows Control Panel
When troubleshooting a machine, one common step is go to Windows Control Panel and uninstall questionable programs. The same approach will be used in the removal of GamerSearch adware. Please use steps based on your Microsoft Windows version.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all apps installed on the personal computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort apps by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Remove GamerSearch adware software from Google Chrome
Unwanted GamerSearch ads or other symptom of having adware software in your browser is a good reason to reset Chrome. This is an easy way to restore the Chrome settings and not lose any important information.
First launch the Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will show the Google Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option called “Settings”.
The web-browser will open the settings screen. Another method to open the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as shown in the following example and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Chrome will show the confirmation prompt as on the image below.
You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The web browser will start the process of cleaning. Once it is finished, the internet browser’s settings including new tab, homepage and default search engine back to the values which have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC system.
Remove GamerSearch from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
The Firefox reset will remove unwanted ads, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. It’ll keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and press button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the GamerSearch adware. After, it is complete, press the “Finish” button.
Remove GamerSearch adware software from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all internet browser home page, newtab page and default search engine you need to reset the IE to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your machine.
First, run the IE, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like the one below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will remove GamerSearch ads, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like search provider, newtab page and home page to default state.
Automatic Removal of GamerSearch adware
Manual removal guidance does not always help to completely get rid of the adware, as it is not easy to identify and delete components of adware software and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you use malicious software removal utility to completely get rid of GamerSearch off your browser. Several free malicious software removal tools are currently available that may be used against the adware software. The optimum solution would be to use Zemana Free, MalwareBytes and HitmanPro.
How to remove GamerSearch adware with Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM)
Zemana Free is one of the best in its class, it can find and delete a huge number of of different security threats, including adware, browser hijackers, spyware and trojans that masqueraded as legitimate computer programs. Also Zemana includes another utility called FRST – is a helpful program for manual removal of files and parts of the Windows registry created by malicious software.
Please go to the link below to download the latest version of Zemana Free for Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After downloading is complete, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as shown below.
When the install starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana Free on your PC.
Once installation is complete, you will see window as shown below.
Now click the “Scan” button for scanning your system for the GamerSearch adware. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the tool is checking, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
Once the scan get completed, Zemana AntiMalware will show a list of found threats. Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will delete GamerSearch adware and move the selected threats to the program’s quarantine.
Use Hitman Pro to remove GamerSearch
HitmanPro is a free removal utility that can be downloaded and run to remove adware, browser hijackers, malware, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your personal computer. You can use this tool to search for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
- First, click the following link, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is finished, run the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, press the “Next” . Hitman Pro program will scan through the whole machine for the GamerSearch adware. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the HitmanPro tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- When finished, Hitman Pro will create a list of unwanted software and adware software. Make sure to check mark the threats which are unsafe and then click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Get rid of GamerSearch with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM)
Trying to get rid of GamerSearch can become a battle of wills between the adware infection and you. MalwareBytes Anti Malware can be a powerful ally, uninstalling most of today’s adware, malicious software and potentially unwanted apps with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes AntiMalware will help you win.
- First, click the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes program will scan through the whole PC system for the GamerSearch adware. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- When the checking is finished, it will open the Scan Results.
- Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press the “Quarantine” button. When the process is complete, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stay safe online
Run ad blocking program such as AdGuard in order to stop advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your system performance and impact your PC security. Browse the Net anonymously and stay safe online!
- Visit the page linked below to download AdGuard. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block GamerSearch, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your system should be free of the GamerSearch adware. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your system for new adwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you block intrusive advertisements and malicious web sites). Moreover, to prevent any adware software, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to look for PUPs.
If you need more help with GamerSearch related issues, go to here.