Playgogo.host is a web page that uses social engineering to deceive you and other unsuspecting users into allowing its browser notification spam so that it can deliver unwanted adverts directly to your desktop. This website claims that the user must subscribe to notifications in order to watch a video, access the content of the web page, connect to the Internet, confirm that you are 18+, download a file, verify that you are not a robot, enable Flash Player, and so on.
Once you press the ‘Allow’ button, then your internet browser will be configured to show pop-up adverts in the lower right corner of your desktop. Push notifications are originally designed to alert the user of newly published content. Cyber criminals abuse ‘browser notification feature’ to avoid antivirus and ad blocker apps by showing intrusive ads. These advertisements are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit suspicious web-pages, install internet browser plugins & so on.
If you are receiving push notifications, you can get rid of Playgogo.host subscription by going into your web browser’s settings and following the Playgogo.host removal steps below. Once you delete Playgogo.host subscription, the browser notification spam will no longer appear on the screen.
Where the Playgogo.host popups comes from
Cyber security researchers have determined that users are redirected to Playgogo.host by adware or from malicious advertisements. Adware software is undesired software that brings targeted advertisements to your web browser. Adware may replace the advertisements of other companies with its own. In most cases, adware will track your surfing habits and report this info to its developers.
|Type||browser notification spam advertisements, popup virus, pop up advertisements, pop ups|
|Distribution||social engineering attack, dubious pop up advertisements, adwares, potentially unwanted applications|
|Removal||Playgogo.host removal guide|
Below we are discussing the solutions which are very useful in removing adware software. The tutorial will also assist you to get rid of Playgogo.host pop-up ads from your browser for free.
How to remove Playgogo.host pop ups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
The following step-by-step tutorial will help you to remove Playgogo.host pop ups from the Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and IE. Moreover, the steps below will help you to delete malware, hijackers, potentially unwanted applications and toolbars that your machine may be infected. Please do the tutorial step by step. If you need assist or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Some of the steps below will require you to exit this webpage. So, please read the few simple steps carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Playgogo.host pop ups, use the steps below:
- How to manually get rid of Playgogo.host
- How to automatically remove Playgogo.host pop-up advertisements
- How to stop Playgogo.host pop-up ads
- Finish words
How to manually get rid of Playgogo.host
First try to remove Playgogo.host advertisements manually; to do this, follow the steps below. Of course, manual adware software removal requires more time and may not be suitable for those who are poorly versed in system settings. In this case, we suggest that you scroll down to the section that describes how to get rid of Playgogo.host pop-up ads using free tools.
Delete potentially unwanted applications through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some potentially unwanted software, browser hijacking programs and adware may be uninstalled by uninstalling the free software they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed apps in Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to delete them.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will display the Windows Control Panel like below.
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all applications installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and delete any dubious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Remove Playgogo.host notifications from web-browsers
If you have clicked the “Allow” button in the Playgogo.host popup and gave a notification permission, you should delete this notification permission first from your web browser settings. To remove the Playgogo.host permission to send spam notifications to your system, execute the steps below. These steps are for MS Windows, Apple Mac and Android.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click on ‘three vertical dots’, and this will open up the main menu on Google Chrome.
- Select ‘Settings’, scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Privacy and Security’ section, click on ‘Site settings’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Locate the Playgogo.host site and click the three vertical dots button next to it, then click on ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, tap on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, find the Playgogo.host site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the top right corner, click the Firefox menu (three horizontal stripes).
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to the ‘Permissions’ section and click the ‘Settings’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Find Playgogo.host, other rogue notifications, click the drop-down menu and choose ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- Click the More button (three dots) in the top right hand corner of the browser.
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button under ‘Website permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Playgogo.host URL so that it turns off.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the top-right corner of the Internet Explorer.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Playgogo.host site and other suspicious URLs under and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Check for Playgogo.host, other dubious sites and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
Remove Playgogo.host pop-ups from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings can allow you solve some problems caused by adware and delete Playgogo.host popup ads from internet browser. This will also disable malicious plugins as well as clear cookies and site data. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, press to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, like below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Remove Playgogo.host pop ups from IE
In order to recover all web-browser default search provider, homepage and newtab page you need to reset the IE to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware software that causes multiple unwanted pop ups, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like startpage, search provider by default and newtab page to default state.
Remove Playgogo.host from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware, your internet browser shows intrusive popup advertisements, then ‘Reset Mozilla Firefox’ could solve these problems. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
Run the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web-browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page such as the one below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Playgogo.host adware. After, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
How to automatically remove Playgogo.host pop-up advertisements
It is very difficult for classic antivirus to detect adware software and other kinds of PUPs. We recommend you run a free anti-adware like Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and HitmanPro from our list below. These tools will help you scan and remove trojans, malware, spyware, keyloggers, bothersome and malicious adware software from an infected computer.
How to automatically remove Playgogo.host pop-ups with Zemana
Zemana Free is a malicious software scanner that is very useful for detecting and removing adware software that cause pop ups. The steps below will explain how to download, install, and use Zemana Anti Malware to scan and remove malware, spyware, adware, PUPs, browser hijackers from your PC for free.
- Click the following link to download Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM). Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Free installation on your system.
- Select setup language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is complete, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will launch automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Free, let’s see How to use Zemana to remove Playgogo.host popups from your computer.
- After you have started the Zemana Free, you’ll see a window as displayed in the figure below, just click ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware software.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Free scans your personal computer.
- Once the scanning is done, the results are displayed in the scan report. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana AntiMalware may require a restart computer in order to complete the Playgogo.host popup ads removal procedure.
- If you want to permanently delete adware software from your PC system, then press ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware, PUPs and other threats and press Delete.
- Reboot your computer to complete the adware removal process.
Get rid of Playgogo.host popup ads from web browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is one of the most effective tools for removing adware, potentially unwanted software and other malware. It can detect hidden adware in your PC and remove all harmful folders and files related to adware. HitmanPro will help you to remove Playgogo.host popups from your computer and Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer. We strongly advise you to download this utility as the authors are working hard to make it better.
Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once downloading is finished, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. After the utility is started, you will see a screen as displayed below.
Further, click “Next” button for checking your PC system for the adware related to the Playgogo.host ads. Depending on your personal computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. Once the system scan is finished, a list of all threats detected is created as shown on the image below.
Review the scan results and then click “Next” button. It will show a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button.
Use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to remove Playgogo.host advertisements
If you are having problems with Playgogo.host popups removal, then check out MalwareBytes. This is a utility that can help clean up your machine and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for MS Windows. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When the download is complete, close all software and windows on your PC. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware that causes multiple intrusive pop ups. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- Once the scan get completed, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Quarantine Selected”. Once that process is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to remove hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti Malware.
How to stop Playgogo.host pop-up ads
It is also critical to protect your web-browsers from harmful websites and ads by using an adblocker program like AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your system by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When downloading is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is done, you will see a window like below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Playgogo.host, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Once you have done the few simple steps above, your computer should be clean from adware related to the Playgogo.host pop up ads and other malicious software. The Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Chrome will no longer redirect you to various annoying web-sites like Playgogo.host. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.