“Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” pop up is a browser-based scam that cons you and other unsuspecting users into believing that the PC has been infected by malware. This web site claims that the user need to click ‘Proceed’ button in order to remove all detected viruses.
Text presented on this page:
Windows Defender Security Center
PC status: At risk
Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses!
The removal of viruses is required immediately to prevent further system damage, loss of programs, photos, videos or other files. Personal and banking information are at risk.
Win32/Hoax.Renos.HX – c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\…
Trojan IRC/Backdor.SdBot4.FRV – c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\…
Adware.Win32.Look2me.ab – c:\Program Files\Common Files\Syste…
Trojan.Qoologic – Key Logger – c:\Program Files\Windows NT\Access…
Trojan.Fakealert.356 – c:\Windows\System32\Microsoft\Prot…
Action requited! Your antivirus software requires an update.
This misleading web-page imitates virus scanning and then displays a report about the threats that were detected. Of course, all of these threats are fake and you can safety ignore the false scan results. The main purpose of the “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam is to force you into downloading and installing an unwanted software, adware or malware.
Where the “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” pop ups comes from
These “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” pop-ups are caused by misleading ads on the web pages you visit or adware. Adware is unwanted software that delivers advertisements and prompts unwanted advertising popups, while you surf the Web. Adware may replace the advertisements of other companies with its own. Most commonly, adware will track your browsing habits and report this info to its developers.
|Name||“Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses”|
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop-ups, popup virus, pop up advertisements|
|Removal||“Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” removal guide|
If you want to remove “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam, you will not succeed, because the adware software is very stubborn. But with the help of the following tutorial, you surely can remove “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” pop-ups completely from your web browsers.
How to remove “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In many cases adware requires more than a simple uninstall through the use of Microsoft Windows Control panel in order to be fully deleted. For that reason, our team created several removal ways which we’ve summarized in a detailed guidance. Therefore, if you’ve the annoying “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” popup scam on your computer and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the steps below in order to resolve your problem. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to shut down your internet browser or reboot your system.
To remove “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses”, execute the steps below:
- How to remove “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam without any software
- Delete newly added adware software
- Get rid of “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
- Remove “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” pop ups from Chrome
- Delete “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- How to automatically remove “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam
- How to stop “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam
- Finish words
How to remove “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam without any software
First try to remove “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” pop ups manually; to do this, follow the steps below. Of course, manual adware software removal requires more time and may not be suitable for those who are poorly versed in system settings. In this case, we suggest that you scroll down to the section that describes how to remove “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam using free utilities.
Delete newly added adware software
The process of adware removal is generally the same across all versions of MS Windows OS from 10 to XP. To start with, it is necessary to check the list of installed software on your machine and uninstall all unused, unknown and suspicious applications.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter such as the one below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right like the one below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and get rid of all dubious and unknown apps. We recommend to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed applications by date. When you have found anything suspicious that may be the adware software that causes unwanted “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” pop up scam or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable application blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your machine.
Get rid of “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” pop ups from Chrome
Like other modern web-browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the internet browser’s settings like default search provider, new tab page and home page that have been changed by the adware that causes multiple unwanted popups.
First start the Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Google Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, press the option named “Settings”.
The browser will open the settings screen. Another way to display the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as on the image below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will show the confirmation prompt as shown below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The web-browser will start the task of cleaning. When it is complete, the internet browser’s settings including homepage, new tab and search provider by default back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your machine.
Delete “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, start the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
When the process is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s default search engine, home page and new tab page to default state.
How to automatically remove “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam
If the “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” pop ups are still there, the situation is more serious. But don’t worry. There are several utilities which are made to search for and delete adware from your web browser and personal computer. If you’re searching for a free way to adware removal, then Zemana Free is a good option. Also you can get Hitman Pro and MalwareBytes AntiMalware. Both programs also available for free unlimited scanning and for removal of detected malicious software, adware and PUPs.
Run Zemana Anti Malware to get rid of “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” pop-up scam
Zemana highly recommended, because it can find security threats such adware and malicious software that most ‘classic’ antivirus software fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana AntiMalware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once downloading is finished, close all apps and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, press the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the adware that causes multiple annoying pop-ups. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After the system scan is finished, a list of all items found is prepared. Make sure to check mark the threats that are unsafe and then click “Next”. When disinfection is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your machine.
Use HitmanPro to delete “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam
If Zemana cannot delete this adware, then we recommends to use the HitmanPro. Hitman Pro is a free removal tool for hijacker infections, potentially unwanted apps, toolbars and adware software that cause unwanted “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam. It’s specially designed to work as a second scanner for your PC.
- Visit the page linked below to download HitmanPro. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is complete, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button for scanning your personal computer for the adware that cause pop up scam. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the HitmanPro program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- Once finished, you will be shown the list of all found threats on your PC. Review the results once the utility has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
Automatically get rid of “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” pop ups with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
If you are having issues with “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” pop ups removal, then check out MalwareBytes. This is a utility that can help clean up your personal computer and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is done, please close all software and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) utility will start scanning the whole personal computer to find out adware related to the “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” pop-up. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. While the tool is scanning, you may see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- When that process is finished, MalwareBytes will open a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found.
- Next, you need to click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When the cleaning procedure is done, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam
Use an adblocker utility like AdGuard will protect you from malicious ads and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and block phishing and spam web-pages. Additionally, ad blocker software will allow you to avoid unwanted pop-up advertisements and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” scam, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
After completing the step-by-step instructions shown above, your PC should be clean from adware that causes “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses” pop ups and other malicious software. The Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Edge and Firefox will no longer reroute you to various intrusive webpages similar to “Your Windows 10 is infected with 5 viruses”. Unfortunately, if the guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.