According to computer security researchers, Notepros.me is a webpage which deceives users into signing up for its spam notifications that go directly to the desktop or the browser. It delivers the message stating that you should click ‘Allow’ in order to verify that you are not a robot, download a file, enable Flash Player, access the content of the web site, connect to the Internet, confirm that you are 18+, watch a video, and so on.
Once click on the ‘Allow’ button, the Notepros.me website gets your permission to send spam notifications in form of pop up adverts in the right bottom corner of the desktop. The push notifications will essentially be advertisements for ‘free’ online games, prize & lottery scams, questionable web-browser extensions, adult web pages, and adware software bundles as shown below.
If you are getting push notifications, you can delete Notepros.me subscription by going into your internet browser’s settings and following the Notepros.me removal tutorial below. Once you remove Notepros.me subscription, the push notifications will no longer show on your desktop.
Where the Notepros.me popups comes from
These Notepros.me popups are caused by suspicious ads on the web-sites you visit or adware. Many computer users consider adware, PUPs, spyware, trojans as the same thing. They are all types of undesired apps that each behave differently. The word ‘adware’ is a combination of two words ‘ad’ and ‘software’. Adware shows advertisements on an affected personal computer. Not very dangerous for users, but very profitable for the the software publishers.
Adware is usually is bundled within free software and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your PC. This happens especially when you’re installing a free software. The program setup file tricks you into accepting the install of additional software, that you do not really want. Moreover, some paid software can also install additional applications that you do not want! Therefore, always download free programs and paid software from reputable download webpages. Use ONLY custom or manual install option and never blindly click Next button.
|Type||browser notification spam advertisements, popup virus, pop-up ads, pop ups|
|Distribution||suspicious pop up advertisements, social engineering attack, adwares, potentially unwanted apps|
|Removal||Notepros.me removal guide|
If the Firefox, Edge, Google Chrome and IE have been hijacked with the adware software, you must have complete any of the steps below. Once you’ve removed Notepros.me pop ups from your PC by following our step-by-step tutorial below, make sure not to commit the same mistakes again in the future.
How to Remove Notepros.me advertisements (removal steps)
In order to delete Notepros.me pop ups, start by closing any applications and pop ups that are open. If a pop up won’t close, then close your web-browser (MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and IE). If a application won’t close then please restart your PC system. Next, follow the steps below.
To remove Notepros.me pop ups, use the following steps:
- How to remove Notepros.me popups without any software
- How to remove Notepros.me pop up advertisements automatically
- How to block Notepros.me
- To sum up
How to remove Notepros.me popups without any software
The useful removal guide for the Notepros.me popups. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove Notepros.me popup advertisements let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Remove unwanted or recently added software
The main cause of Notepros.me pop up advertisements could be potentially unwanted applications, adware software or other undesired applications that you may have accidentally installed on the system. You need to identify and uninstall all questionable programs.
Make sure you have closed all internet browsers and other apps. Next, delete any unrequested and suspicious apps from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your PC. Most probably, one of them is the adware software that cause annoying Notepros.me pop-up ads. Select the questionable program or the program that name is not familiar to you and uninstall it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in MS Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the questionable or any unknown apps, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to delete this unwanted program from your computer.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an undesired program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Notepros.me notifications from browsers
If you have allowed the Notepros.me browser notification spam, you might notice that this web page sending requests, and it can become annoying. To better control your computer, here’s how to delete Notepros.me browser notification spam from your internet browser.
- In the top right corner of the Chrome window, expand the Google Chrome menu.
- In the menu go to ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’ settings.
- When the drop-down menu appears, tap ‘Settings’. Scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Click on ‘Notifications’.
- Click ‘three dots’ button on the right hand side of Notepros.me site or other questionable site and click ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the web-browser that shows Notepros.me browser notification spam advertisements.
- Find Notepros.me in the list and disable it.
- In the top right corner, click the Firefox menu (three horizontal stripes).
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Notepros.me), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right hand corner, click the Edge menu button (three dots).
- Scroll down, find and click ‘Settings’. In the left side select ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button, located beneath ‘Website permissions’.
- Click the switch under the Notepros.me site and each dubious domain.
- In the top right corner, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Select the Notepros.me and other questionable URLs below and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Check for Notepros.me site, other questionable sites and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
Get rid of Notepros.me ads from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all browser search engine by default, start page and newtab page you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your machine.
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the following example. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Notepros.me pop up ads from Google Chrome
Resetting Chrome to default state is effective in uninstalling the Notepros.me popup advertisements from your web browser. This method is always advisable to follow if you have trouble in removing changes caused by adware.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as displayed below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Delete Notepros.me from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox browser application is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings such as start page, search engine by default and new tab to their default state. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the following example.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
How to remove Notepros.me pop up advertisements automatically
Manual removal steps does not always help to fully get rid of the adware software, as it is not easy to identify and delete components of adware software and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you run malware removal utility to fully delete Notepros.me off your web-browser. Several free malicious software removal utilities are currently available that can be used against the adware. The optimum way would be to run Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Free and HitmanPro.
Automatically delete Notepros.me ads with Zemana Free
Zemana is a program that is used for malware, adware software, hijacker infections and potentially unwanted apps removal. The program is one of the most efficient anti malware tools. It helps in malware removal and and defends all other types of security threats. One of the biggest advantages of using Zemana is that is easy to use and is free. Also, it constantly keeps updating its virus/malware signatures DB. Let’s see how to install and scan your machine with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) in order to delete Notepros.me ads from your system.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of Zemana for Windows. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After the downloading process is done, close all apps and windows on your machine. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan” button to search for adware which cause unwanted Notepros.me popups. This task may take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
- When Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) has finished scanning your personal computer, Zemana Anti Malware will open a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. All detected threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press “Next”. Once the task is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
Run Hitman Pro to get rid of Notepros.me pop up advertisements from web-browser
HitmanPro is a portable utility that searches for and deletes undesired programs like browser hijacker infections, adware software, toolbars, other web-browser extensions and other malware. It scans your PC system for adware responsible for Notepros.me pop up advertisements and creates a list of threats marked for removal. Hitman Pro will only erase those undesired software that you wish to be removed.
- First, click the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is done, launch the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, press the “Next” . Hitman Pro program will scan through the whole personal computer for the adware that causes multiple unwanted popups. This process may take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan HitmanPro will detect threats exist on your system.
- After the scan get finished, Hitman Pro will open a list of all items found by the scan. You may remove items (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Run MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) to remove Notepros.me ads
Trying to get rid of Notepros.me pop ups can become a battle of wills between the adware software infection and you. MalwareBytes can be a powerful ally, removing most of today’s adware, malicious software and PUPs with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes Free will help you win.
MalwareBytes can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloading is done, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes will try to update itself and when this task is complete, click the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your computer for the adware software which causes annoying Notepros.me pop up advertisements. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Review the report and then click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Free is a free program that you can use to delete all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal tool, we recommend you to read and follow the steps or the video guide below.
How to block Notepros.me
In order to increase your security and protect your machine against new annoying advertisements and harmful webpages, you need to run ad blocker application that stops an access to malicious advertisements and webpages. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown in the following example.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Notepros.me, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be free of the adware that cause pop ups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-ups and intrusive malicious web pages) and Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your machine for new malware, hijacker infections and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, harmful programs and adware software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Notepros.me pop ups from your web browser, then ask for help here.