Is your internet browser re-directed to Document Converter? This problem can be caused due to PUP (potentially unwanted program) that belongs to the browser hijackers group. Browser hijacker is a type of PUPs, which is created to modify your current settings of installed web-browsers. You may experience any of the following behaviors: your newtab, start page and search provider by default is changed to Document Converter, web pages load slowly, you see multiple toolbars on the Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox that you did not install, you get unwanted advertisements.
When the Document Converter hijacker is installed on a PC, it can:
- set Document Converter as default search engine, new tab page, and homepage;
- prevent users from modifying search provider or home page address;
- redirect your queries to sponsored web sites;
- provide altered search results;
- record your search queries;
- randomly redirects to questionable webpages;
- show undesired ads;
- collect Internet browsing habits and transfer it third party companies.
While the Document Converter hijacker is active, you won’t be able to restore the IE, Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge’ settings such as search engine, new tab page and start page. If you try to set your startpage to be Google, Bing or Yahoo, those settings will be automatically modified to Document Converter with the next machine reboot. But this does not mean that you should just ignore it or get along with this fact. Because this is not the best option, due to the Document Converter you can have problems with the Mozilla Firefox, IE, Google Chrome and MS Edge, annoying ads and even privacy information theft.
To find out how to remove Document Converter, we advise to read the few simple steps added to this post below. The instructions was developed by experienced security specialists who discovered a solution to remove the annoying Document Converter hijacker out of the PC.
How to remove Document Converter from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
As with deleting adware software, malicious software or potentially unwanted applications, there are few steps you may do. We suggest trying them all. If you do only one part of the instructions, then it should be run malware removal utility, because it should delete browser hijacker infection and block any further infection. But to completely remove the Document Converter you will have to at least reset your browser settings like search engine, homepage and new tab to default state, disinfect web-browsers shortcuts, delete all unwanted and suspicious apps, and remove hijacker by malware removal utilities. Certain of the steps below will require you to close this web-site. So, please read the guidance carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Document Converter, complete the following steps:
- How to delete Document Converter manually
- How to delete Document Converter automatically with freeware
- Block Document Converter and other annoying pages
- How does your computer get infected with browser hijacker
- Finish words
How to delete Document Converter manually
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Document Converter start page from the Firefox, MS Edge, IE and Chrome.
Remove Document Converter related apps through the Control Panel of your computer
First, you should try to identify and delete the program that causes the appearance of unwanted ads or web-browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the figure below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown on the screen below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as shown on the screen below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and remove all suspicious and unknown apps. We suggest to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. After you have found anything suspicious that may be the hijacker infection responsible for redirections to Document Converter or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then select this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the dubious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely delete it from your PC system.
Remove Document Converter from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome will reset your startpage, newtab page, search provider, and other web browser settings affected by Document Converter hijacker infection. All unwanted and harmful add-ons will also be removed from the browser. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
- First, start the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Document Converter redirect from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted extensions or toolbars on your browser, that installed by a malicious software.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
After the task is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s newtab, start page and search engine by default to default state.
Remove Document Converter redirect from Firefox
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser program, including the redirect to Document Converter webpage. Essential information such as bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
First, launch the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
How to delete Document Converter automatically with freeware
Anti Malware software differ from each other by many features like performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus apps and so on. We advise you run the following free apps: Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes AntiMalware and HitmanPro. Each of these programs has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can look for the hijacker and remove Document Converter from the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Scan and clean your system of Document Converter with Zemana Free
You can remove Document Converter automatically with a help of Zemana. We suggest this malicious software removal tool because it can easily delete browser hijacker infections, PUPs, adware and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Download Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) on your computer by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After the downloading process is finished, close all software and windows on your PC. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, press the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti Malware tool will start scanning the whole personal computer to find out hijacker responsible for redirects to Document Converter. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) application is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as threat.
- When the checking is finished, Zemana Free will open a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next”. When disinfection is complete, you can be prompted to restart your machine.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Document Converter redirect
Hitman Pro is a free tool that can identify hijacker infection responsible for changing your web-browser settings to Document Converter. It’s not always easy to locate all the unwanted apps that your personal computer might have picked up on the World Wide Web. Hitman Pro will search for the adware, hijackers and other malicious software you need to erase.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro on your PC system by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is opened, press “Next” button . HitmanPro tool will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out hijacker infection responsible for redirects to Document Converter. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer.
- Once HitmanPro has completed scanning, HitmanPro will display a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found. Review the report and then press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes Anti Malware to remove Document Converter redirect
You can get rid of Document Converter startpage automatically with a help of MalwareBytes. We advise this free malicious software removal utility because it may easily remove hijacker, adware software, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Visit the following page to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM). Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the downloading process is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Free will try to update itself and when this procedure is done, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the hijacker infection related to Document Converter redirect. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Free is a free application that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal tool, we recommend you to read and follow the few simple steps or the video guide below.
Block Document Converter and other annoying pages
By installing an adblocker application such as AdGuard, you are able to stop Document Converter, autoplaying video ads and get rid of a huge number of distracting and annoying ads on web sites.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen like below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as shown in the following example.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guidance that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Document Converter, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which may be found on your desktop.
How does your computer get infected with browser hijacker
Many hijackers like Document Converter come from browser toolbars, web browser extensions, BHOs (browser helper objects) and bundled apps. Most often, these items claim itself as programs that improve your experience on the Net by providing a fast and interactive start page or a search engine that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted applications. Be cautious, launch only reputable software which download from reputable sources. NEVER install an unknown and suspicious program.
Now your PC system should be clean of the hijacker responsible for Document Converter redirect. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop up advertisements and annoying malicious pages) and Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your system for new browser hijackers and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Document Converter redirect from the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, then ask for help here here.