The Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win is a misleading web-site which is created in order to trick you into installing an questionable software. If your browser opens automatically to this site, then it is a sign that your PC is infected with an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). The adware may modify the settings of web browsers such as Chrome, FF, MS Edge and Internet Explorer or install a harmful web-browser extension which made to generate a lot of undesired advertisements. It will lead to the fact that when you launch the web-browser or surf the Internet, it’ll always be forced to display Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win popup misleading ads, even when your web-browser is configured to stop pop-up advertisements or your PC has a application that blocks pop ups. On current date, the ad supported software continues to increase the number of PCs that have been affected.
Technically, the ad-supported software is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a huge number of advertisements. It may download and install on to your computer other harmful and undesired programs without your permission, force you to visit misleading or malicious web pages. Moreover, the adware can install web browser hijacker. Once installed, it will rewrite your internet browser setting like new tab, startpage and search provider by default with an annoying web site.
Most often, the adware affects the most common internet browsers such as the Google Chrome, IE, FF and Microsoft Edge. But such the malicious software as well may affect another browsers by modifying its shortcuts (adding an argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a web browser’s shortcut). So every time you start the browser, it’ll reroute to the unwanted Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win page. Even if you setup a new homepage, an undesired site will be the first thing you see when you open the Google Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer and Edge.
Instructions which is shown below, will allow you to clean your system from the ad supported software as well as remove Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win intrusive ads from the Google Chrome, FF, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer and other web-browsers.
Remove Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win popup warnings (removal instructions)
In many cases ad-supported software requires more than a simple uninstall through the use of Windows Control panel in order to be fully uninstalled. For that reason, our team made several removal ways which we’ve combined in a detailed guide. Therefore, if you’ve the annoying Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win popup on your computer and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the guidance below in order to resolve your problem. Some of the steps below will require you to shut down this page. So, please read the step-by-step guide carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win, follow the steps below:
- Delete Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win popup without any utilities
- Uninstall potentially unwanted programs through the Windows Control Panel
- Clean up the web-browsers shortcuts which have been infected by adware
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Get rid of Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win popup from IE
- Delete Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop-up scam from FF
- Remove Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop-up from Google Chrome
- Get rid of Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop-up scam with freeware
- Use AdBlocker to stop Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win and stay safe online
- How does your personal computer get infected with Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win fake alerts
- To sum up
Delete Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win popup without any utilities
These steps to delete Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop up warnings without any applications are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step guidance completely to fully remove this ad supported software that causes misleading Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win fake alerts on your browser.
Uninstall potentially unwanted programs through the Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the machine cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious software. Using the Microsoft Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded applications can clean up the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge from popup advertisements, hijackers and so on.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as displayed on the screen below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all programs installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Clean up the web-browsers shortcuts which have been infected by adware
Once the ad supported software is started, it can also alter the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the internet browser, it will show an undesired web site.
Right click on the internet browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” which has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcut files. So, repeat this step for the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the undesired Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win web page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by malicious programs.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will show a prompt which called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Further press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ applications. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
Get rid of Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win popup from IE
The IE reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, that installed by an malware.
First, start the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware that causes web browsers to open misleading Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop up scam, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings like home page, new tab and search provider by default to default state.
Delete Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop-up scam from FF
If your FF web browser is rerouted to Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win without your permission or an unknown search engine shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset.
First, run the Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown in the following example
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad-supported software that cause misleading Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win popup warnings to appear. When, it’s complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop-up from Google Chrome
Like other modern internet browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the web-browser’s settings like home page, new tab and default search engine that have been replaced by the adware that causes multiple misleading Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win alerts and popups.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop-up scam with freeware
The adware can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and remove completely. This can lead to the fact that after some time, the adware that causes internet browsers to open misleading Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop up again infect your computer. Moreover, We want to note that it’s not always safe to get rid of adware manually, if you don’t have much experience in setting up and configuring the MS Windows operating system. The best method to scan for and get rid of ‘ad supported’ software is to run free malicious software removal applications.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to remove Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win
We suggest you to run the Zemana Anti-malware which are completely clean your machine of adware which cause misleading Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop-up scam to appear. Moreover, the utility will help you to delete PUPs, malicious software, toolbars and hijackers that your PC can be infected too.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC system. Next, run a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will run and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button .Zemana AntiMalware program will scan through the whole computer for the adware which displays misleading Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop-up scam on your PC system. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC and the speed of your machine. While the Zemana Free is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) completes the scan, Zemana Free will open you the results.
- In order to get rid of all threats, simply click the “Next” button. The tool will start to get rid of adware which displays misleading Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win fake alerts on your PC. After finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Run Malwarebytes to remove Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win fake alerts
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your personal computer of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malware removal program developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti malware technology. It is able to help you get rid of intrusive Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win popup from your browsers, potentially unwanted software, malicious software, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- After the download is finished, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your system for the adware that causes multiple misleading Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win alerts and pop-ups. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Free is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When finished, MalwareBytes will display a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found. Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Quarantine Selected”. After disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart your system.
The following video offers a step-by-step guide on how to get rid of browser hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Anti Malware.
If the problem with Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win fake alerts is still remained
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and use to remove ad-supported software that displays misleading Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop-up warnings on your machine, browser hijackers, malicious software, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and other threats from your personal computer. You can run this utility to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
Visit the page linked below to download AdwCleaner. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
After downloading is finished, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will launch the AdwCleaner utility and you will see a screen as shown on the image below. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to launch the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, press “Scan” to perform a system scan for the ad-supported software that causes misleading Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop up warnings on your browser. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your machine. When a malicious software, ‘ad supported’ software or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
Once AdwCleaner has completed scanning your personal computer, a list of all threats detected is produced as displayed in the following example.
In order to get rid of all items, simply click “Clean” button. It will open a dialog box. Click “OK” button. The AdwCleaner will start to delete ‘ad supported’ software which cause misleading Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win popup scam to appear. After finished, the tool may ask you to restart your computer. After reboot, the AdwCleaner will open the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video instructions.
Use AdBlocker to stop Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win and stay safe online
We recommend to install an adblocker application that can stop Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win and other intrusive sites. The ad blocker utility such as AdGuard is a program that basically removes advertising from the World Wide Web and stops access to malicious sites. Moreover, security experts says that using ad-blocking software is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
Installing the AdGuard ad blocker program is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen like below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as shown on the screen below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guide which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop up ads, web-pages such Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How does your personal computer get infected with Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win fake alerts
It is very important to pay attention to additional checkboxes during the installation of free programs to avoid installing of potentially unwanted software, ad-supported software, hijackers or other undesired applications. Never install the bundled programs that the application wants to install with it. Inattentive freeware download can result in install of undesired program such as this ad-supported software which causes misleading Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop up warnings on your internet browser.
To sum up
Once you have finished the few simple steps outlined above, your computer should be clean from ad-supported software that displays misleading Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win pop up on your machine and other malware. The Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and MS Edge will no longer redirect you to various undesired web-sites such as Microsoft.com.eu.pcsafe4.win. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.