Antivirus 360 is a rogue antivirus/antispyware program. The fake antivirus is fresh version of Antivirus 2009 . Antivirus 360 uses scare tactics (fake alerts and false positives) to trick users into buying the fake software. Antivirus 360 is distributed through the Vundo trojan. Once infected with Vundo trojan your computer will display large amount of pop-ups that tells you that your computer is infected and you should download and install Antivirus 360 in order to protect your computer.
During installation, Antivirus 360 configures itself to run automatically every time, when you start your PC. Once running, Antivirus 360 will scan your computer and list a large amount of infections, but some of these “infections” are actually legitimate Windows files:
Antivirus 360 may drastically slow the performance of your computer.
Symptoms in a HijackThis Log.
Use the following instructions to remove Antivirus 360 (Uninstall instructions).
1. Remove trojan Vundo.
Some variants of Antivirus 360 uses trojan Vundo to install itself.
- Download VundoFix and save the file to your desktop.
- Once it downloaded, double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
- Click the Scan for Vundo button.
- Once it’s done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
- You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES.
- Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
- When completed, it will prompt that it will shutdown your computer, click OK.
- Turn your computer back on.
2. Remove Antivirus 360 files.
- Download Avenger from here and unzip to your desktop.
- Run Avenger, copy,then paste the following text in Input script Box:
Files to delete:
Folders to delete:
Then click on ‘Execute’.
- You will be asked Are you sure you want to execute the current script?. Click Yes.
- You will now be asked First step completed — The Avenger has been successfully set up to run on next boot. Reboot now?. Click Yes.
- Your PC will now be rebooted.
3. Remove Antivirus 360 associated malware.
Using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM). Close all programs and Windows on your computer.
- Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select “Perform Quick Scan”, then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
- Download SUPERAntiSpyware.
- Close all programs and Windows on your computer.
- Double Click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe to install the application.This will start the installation of SUPERAntiSpyware onto your computer. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing click on the Finish button.
- You will see a message stating that you should update the program before performing a scan. Click Yes. As SUPERAntiSpyware will automatically update itself.
- You will see SUPERAntiSpyware setup wizard. Follow the prompts. To close the Wizard press Finish.
- Protect home page dialog will be open. Click on the Protect Home Page button.
- You will now be at the main program.
- Click Scan your computer. Click Next.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient. When the scan is complete, result of scanning will be open, click OK.
- Click Next to start removing the found threats.
- If you are asked to reboot the machine, choose Yes.
Antivirus 360 creates the following files and folders.
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Antivirus 360.lnk
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus 360
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus 360\Antivirus 360.lnk
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus 360\Help.lnk
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus 360\Registration.lnk
If you need help with the instructions, then post your questions in our Spyware Removal forum.