Flippedstar.com is a dubious online store that lures innocent buyers with incredibly low prices, posing as a legitimate BED BATH & BEYOND shop. Despite its outward appearance, this online store is full of red flags that point to it being a scam. Read on to discover more about this potentially damaging scam.
- Is Flippedstar.com a Scam?
- How the Flippedstar.com Scam works
- What to do if you become a victim of Flippedstar.com
- Other Scam Online Shops to Avoid
- Summary table for Flippedstar.com
- FAQ About the Flippedstar.com Scam
Is Flippedstar.com a Scam?
There are multiple red flags associated with Flippedstar.com that scream scam. Let’s take a look at some of these warning signs:
- The domain was recently created on March 23, 2022. Scam websites often have a short lifespan.
- There’s a total absence of contact information. Legitimate businesses provide multiple ways for their customers to reach them, not just through an email address.
- The company behind the website is not disclosed, obscuring accountability.
- The store offers unbelievable deals and incredibly low prices. For instance, an Inflatable Water Slide Park is being sold for just $16.98 during a clearance sale, a price that is too good to be true.
- Enticing slogans such as “Clearance Sale”, “Last 3 days clearance!”, and “Closing sale” are used to create a sense of urgency and pressure customers into making a purchase.
- The website has no social media presence or links to any social media platforms. This lack of social proof is a common characteristic of scam sites.
How the Flippedstar.com Scam works
Flippedstar.com is a master of deceit. The scam begins on platforms like Facebook, where it advertises a clearance sale on an Inflatable Water Slide Park for a ridiculously low price of $16.98. The advertisement creates a sense of urgency, with slogans like “Last 3 days clearance!” and “Closing sale” compelling viewers to act fast and purchase the item before the sale ends.
Once an unsuspecting buyer makes a purchase, they’re left waiting for a product that will never arrive. With no contact information provided on the website, the buyer has no way of reaching out for assistance, leaving them feeling frustrated and scammed.
What to do if you become a victim of Flippedstar.com
If you have fallen victim to Flippedstar.com, take the following steps:
- Contact your bank or credit card company to report the fraudulent transaction and discuss options to dispute it.
- Change your online banking and credit card passwords to prevent further unauthorized charges.
- Report the scam to your local law enforcement agency and submit a report to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Leave a review or comment on scam alert websites to warn other potential victims.
Other Scam Online Shops to Avoid
In our ongoing effort to protect our readers from potential scams, we have identified other suspicious online shops that operate similarly to Flippedstar.com. These deceptive stores offer unrealistically low prices and lack important company and contact information. Staying vigilant and informed about these scams is essential when shopping online.
Summary table for Flippedstar.com
|Type||Online Scam Shop|
|Damage||Financial Loss, Personal Data Exposure|
|Distribution||Social Media Advertisements (Facebook)|
|Tactics||Low Prices, False Claims of Clearance Sales, No Contact Information|
|Prices||Inflatable Water Slide Park for $16.98|
|Contacts||No Contact Information|
|Prevention Tips||Check website legitimacy before making purchases, be cautious of too-good-to-be-true deals|
|Reporting Info||Report to local law enforcement, bank or credit card company, and Federal Trade Commission (FTC)|
Flippedstar.com is a scam online shop that presents itself as a BED BATH & BEYOND store offering unrealistically low prices to lure in unsuspecting buyers. Always be vigilant when shopping online and beware of too-good-to-be-true deals. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
FAQ About the Flippedstar.com Scam
How does Flippedstar.com lure in victims?
Flippedstar.com uses enticing deals and clearance sales advertised on social media platforms like Facebook to draw in potential victims. The store offers products at incredibly low prices, creating a sense of urgency for customers to make a purchase.
Why can’t I contact Flippedstar.com?
Scam shops like Flippedstar.com often don’t provide any contact information to evade accountability. This makes it nearly impossible for customers to reach out for assistance or demand refunds.
What should I do if I’ve been scammed by Flippedstar.com?
Report the scam to your bank or credit card company, change your online banking and credit card passwords, inform your local law enforcement agency, and submit a report to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
How can I protect myself from online scams like Flippedstar.com?
Always verify the legitimacy of an online shop before making a purchase. Be wary of unrealistically low prices and always look for genuine customer reviews. Additionally, avoid shopping from sites that lack contact information or transparency about the company behind them.