What is Youtube_Ad_Remover
Youtube_Ad_Remover is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience (block Youtube ads), but according to security professionals, this extension acts as adware. Adware is short for ‘ad software’. Adware dislays unwanted ads that appear in pop ups or advertising links on web-browser. In order to show unwanted advertisements as often as possible adware can change web browser settings. The adware creators do so in order to earn revenue via third-party ad network. Thus every your click on the ads earns money for them.
Another reason why you need to remove adware software is its online data-tracking activity. Adware may monetize its functionality by gathering confidential info from your surfing sessions. This confidential information, afterwards, can be easily transferred to third parties. This puts your confidential info at a security risk.
If you would like to uninstall Youtube_Ad_Remover and get rid of unwanted ads and are unable to do so, you can follow the steps below to search for and get rid of adware software and any other malicious software for free.
How does Youtube_Ad_Remover get on your personal computer
Adware software mostly comes on computers with free software. In most cases, it comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their device has been hijacked by adware. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your computer from adware software: don’t install any suspicious programs, read the user agreement and choose only the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation type, don’t rush to press the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the program on the Web. Be careful and attentive!
|adware, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop up virus, pop ups, popup ads
|Youtube_Ad_Remover removal guide
How to remove Youtube_Ad_Remover adware software (removal steps)
There are a few methods that can be used to remove Youtube_Ad_Remover adware. But, not all potentially unwanted programs like this adware can be completely uninstalled utilizing only manual methods. In most cases you are not able to remove any adware using standard MS Windows options. In order to uninstall the adware you need complete a few manual steps and run reliable removal tools. Most cyber security specialists states that Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes AntiMalware or Hitman Pro utilities are a right choice. These free programs are able to scan for and get rid of Youtube_Ad_Remover adware software from your computer and return your internet browser settings to defaults.
To remove Youtube_Ad_Remover, complete the steps below:
- How to get rid of Youtube_Ad_Remover adware software without any software
- Automatic Removal of Youtube_Ad_Remover adware
- How to stay safe online
How to get rid of Youtube_Ad_Remover adware software without any software
The most common adware can be removed manually, without the use of antivirus or other removal tools. The manual steps below will guide you through how to remove Youtube_Ad_Remover step by step. Although each of the steps is very easy and does not require special knowledge, but you doubt that you can finish them, then use the free tools, a list of which is given below.
Delete recently installed adware
First, go to Microsoft Windows Control Panel and remove suspicious apps, all programs you don’t remember installing. It is important to pay the most attention to apps you installed just before Youtube_Ad_Remover adware appeared on your web browser. If you do not know what a program does, look for the answer on the World Wide Web.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press Windows button , then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the screen below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the image below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown in the following example.
Very carefully look around the entire list of programs installed on your personal computer. Most likely, one of them is the Youtube_Ad_Remover adware software. If you’ve many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful applications by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a questionable, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as shown on the image below.
After the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as on the image below.
You will see a list of applications installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the programs that were installed last. Most probably, it is the Youtube_Ad_Remover adware. If you’re in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. When the program which you need to delete is found, simply click on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ as on the image below.
Delete Youtube_Ad_Remover from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, open the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove Youtube_Ad_Remover adware, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as homepage, new tab and search provider by default to default state.
Remove Youtube_Ad_Remover from Google Chrome
If your Google Chrome browser is hijacked by Youtube_Ad_Remover, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser program to its default settings.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, press to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as displayed below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Get rid of Youtube_Ad_Remover from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
The Mozilla Firefox reset will delete browser redirects, fix modified preferences, disable malicious extensions and restore security settings. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the following example.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Automatic Removal of Youtube_Ad_Remover adware
Security specialists have built efficient adware removal tools to help users in removing unwanted pop ups and unwanted advertisements. Below we will share with you the best malware removal utilities that can be used to search for and remove Youtube_Ad_Remover adware.
How to delete Youtube_Ad_Remover adware with Zemana AntiMalware
Zemana is an extremely fast utility to delete adware software from MS Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. It also deletes malware and adware software from your computer. It improves your system’s performance by deleting PUPs.
- Download Zemana on your PC by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana AntiMalware installation on your device.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the setup is done, Zemana Anti-Malware will launch automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana AntiMalware icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana, let’s see How to use Zemana to get rid of Youtube_Ad_Remover from your computer.
- After you have opened the Zemana, you will see a window as on the image below, just click ‘Scan’ button for checking your personal computer for the adware software.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana scans your PC system.
- As the scanning ends, Zemana will show a scan report. In order to remove all items, simply click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana may require a reboot PC in order to complete the adware removal process.
- If you want to fully delete adware software from your computer, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware software, PUPs and other items and click Delete.
- Restart your personal computer to complete the adware removal process.
Get rid of Youtube_Ad_Remover adware and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a portable program which requires no hard setup to identify and remove Youtube_Ad_Remover . The removal tool itself is small in size (only a few Mb). HitmanPro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malicious software removal tools you’ve ever tried. Hitman Pro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal utility can be just as useful as the widely known antivirus applications.
- First, visit the page linked below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is finished, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the Youtube_Ad_Remover adware. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After the scan get completed, you’ll be displayed the list of all detected threats on your device. Review the scan results and then click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
How to get rid of Youtube_Ad_Remover with MalwareBytes AntiMalware
Remove Youtube_Ad_Remover adware manually is difficult and often the adware is not fully removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes AntiMalware that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, this free program will help you to remove malware, potentially unwanted apps, toolbars and browser hijackers that your personal computer can be infected too.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware for Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your device. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to scan for Youtube_Ad_Remover . This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After MalwareBytes AntiMalware completes the scan, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will display a list of all threats found by the scan.
- All found threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press the “Quarantine” button. When finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stay safe online
Enabling an ad-blocking program like AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad blocking applications will also protect you from malicious ads and web-sites, and, of course, stop redirection chain to misleading, scam and similar web-sites.
- First, click the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Youtube_Ad_Remover redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up advertisements and intrusive malicious webpages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your personal computer for new adware softwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Youtube_Ad_Remover from Google Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer, then ask for help here.