What is News-duboma.cc?
News-duboma.cc is a website that is designed to lure unsuspecting users into accepting push notifications via the web browser. The browser (push) notifications promote ‘free’ online games, free gifts scams, questionable internet browser addons, adult websites, and adware bundles.
News-duboma.cc is a deceptive site that claims that you need to click ‘Allow’ button in order to watch a video, access the content of the web-page, download a file, connect to the Internet, enable Flash Player, and so on. If you click on the ‘Allow’ button, then your web-browser will be configured to show intrusive ads on your desktop, even when the browser is closed.
|Name||News-duboma.cc pop up|
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||adware software, social engineering attack, dubious popup ads, PUPs|
|Removal||News-duboma.cc removal guide|
How did you get infected with News-duboma.cc popups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to News-duboma.cc from misleading ads or by PUPs and adware software. Adware is type of malicious software which quietly collects information about user, such as online searches, login details and browsing history, while at the same time feeding the user advertisements, and it does all of this without asking permission. Adware can track activity, display annoying advertisements, hijack and mislead web-browsers and even infect the computer with trojans and worms. In some cases, adware can promote p*rn webpages and adult products.
Remove News-duboma.cc notifications from web browsers
If the scammers have achieved their goal and you clicked the Allow button, then you need to open web-browser settings as soon as possible and turn off rogue push notifications. To delete the News-duboma.cc notifications, execute the following steps. These steps are for Microsoft Windows, Mac and Android.
How to remove News-duboma.cc pop up ads (removal guidance)
According to security experts, News-duboma.cc popup advertisements removal can be complete manually and/or automatically. These tools that are listed below will help you get rid of adware software, malicious internet browser extensions, malware and potentially unwanted apps . However, if you are not willing to install other applications to get rid of News-duboma.cc popup ads, then use following steps to return your PC settings to defaults.
To remove News-duboma.cc pop ups, perform the steps below:
- Remove News-duboma.cc notifications from web browsers
- How to manually delete News-duboma.cc
- Automatic Removal of News-duboma.cc popup ads
- Stop News-duboma.cc pop-ups
How to manually delete News-duboma.cc
This part of the blog post is a step-by-step guidance that will show you how to delete News-duboma.cc pop-ups manually. You just need to follow every step. In this case, you do not need to install any additional software.
Removing the News-duboma.cc, check the list of installed programs first
When troubleshooting a device, one common step is go to Microsoft Windows Control Panel and remove suspicious programs. The same approach will be used in the removal of News-duboma.cc ads. Please use steps based on your Windows version.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all apps installed on the device.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove News-duboma.cc ads from Chrome
If you have adware, News-duboma.cc ads problems or Google Chrome is running slow, then reset Google Chrome can help you. In this guidance we’ll show you the way to reset your Chrome settings and data to default values without reinstall.
- First run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your internet browser’s new tab, search provider by default and startpage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete News-duboma.cc popup advertisements from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all web browser new tab page, home page and search provider you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your PC system.
First, run the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown below.
When the procedure is done, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s default search engine, new tab and home page to default state.
Remove News-duboma.cc from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox settings such as home page, search provider by default and newtab page have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, run the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the image below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Automatic Removal of News-duboma.cc popup ads
The easiest method to remove News-duboma.cc pop up ads is to use an anti malware program capable of detecting adware. We recommend try Zemana Anti-Malware or another free malicious software remover which listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted programs.
Remove News-duboma.cc ads with Zemana
Zemana is a free program for MS Windows operating system to scan for and remove adware that causes the unwanted News-duboma.cc pop ups, and other undesired software such as potentially unwanted apps, malicious web browser extensions, browser toolbars.
Visit the page linked below to download Zemana. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When downloading is done, close all programs and windows on your PC system. Double-click the setup file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana AntiMalware on your device. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, Zemana will automatically start and you can see its main screen like below.
Now click the “Scan” button to search for adware that causes News-duboma.cc ads. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the Zemana AntiMalware tool is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
When finished, Zemana will open a scan report. You may delete items (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Next” button. The Zemana AntiMalware will begin to get rid of adware which causes popups. After that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
Use Hitman Pro to delete News-duboma.cc pop up advertisements
In order to make sure that no more malicious folders and files related to adware are inside your device, you must run another effective malware scanner. We recommend to use Hitman Pro. No installation is necessary with this utility.
HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When downloading is done, open the file location and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will run the HitmanPro utility. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to open the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” for scanning your computer for the adware software that causes multiple annoying pop ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC system and the speed of your computer. While the Hitman Pro program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
When that process is complete, it will show the Scan Results as displayed in the following example.
When you are ready, click “Next” button. It will show a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button. The Hitman Pro will delete adware that causes News-duboma.cc popup advertisements in your internet browser. When disinfection is done, the utility may ask you to restart your PC.
Get rid of News-duboma.cc popup advertisements with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
We recommend using the MalwareBytes AntiMalware. You can download and install MalwareBytes AntiMalware to scan for adware and thereby remove News-duboma.cc ads from your web-browsers. When installed and updated, this free malicious software remover automatically identifies and deletes all threats present on the personal computer.
- Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware will open and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware that causes News-duboma.cc popups in your browser. Depending on your device, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After that process is done, it will show the Scan Results.
- Review the scan results and then press the “Quarantine” button. Once that process is done, you may be prompted to restart the device.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop News-duboma.cc pop-ups
We suggest to install an ad-blocking application that can stop News-duboma.cc and other annoying web-sites. The ad blocker tool such as AdGuard is a program that basically removes advertising from the Web and stops access to malicious webpages. Moreover, security experts says that using ad-blocking applications is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Net.
Download AdGuard on your PC from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. After the setup is finished, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block News-duboma.cc, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
Once you have removed the adware using the few simple steps, Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and Microsoft Edge will no longer show unwanted News-duboma.cc website when you browse the Internet. Unfortunately, if the guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the intrusive News-duboma.cc popup ads.