What is Toon Explorer
Toon Explorer is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience, but according to security professionals, this extension acts as adware. Adware’s basic purpose is to display unwanted advertisements. These ads are often shown as in-text links, pop ups or push notifications. Clicks on the ads produce a monetary payoff for the adware producers. Adware can work like Spyware, since it sends user information such as searches and trends to advertisers.
Another reason why you need to get rid of adware is its online data-tracking activity. Adware software has the ability to gather privacy info about you to get profit. Adware can analyze your surfing, and gain access to your privacy info and, later, can share it with third-parties. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to remove adware from your device.
How does Toon Explorer get on your device
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted program (PUP), popup advertisements, popup virus, pop ups|
|Removal||Toon Explorer removal guide|
How to remove Toon Explorer adware from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
If you have constant pop-ups or unwanted ads, slow device, crashing PC problems, you are in need of adware software removal assistance. The step-by-step tutorial below will guide you forward to get Toon Explorer removed and will assist you get your PC system operating at peak capacity again.
To remove Toon Explorer, use the following steps:
- Manual Toon Explorer adware removal
- Automatic Removal of Toon Explorer adware
- How to stay safe online
Manual Toon Explorer adware removal
Looking for a solution to remove Toon Explorer manually without downloading any software? Then this section of the blog post is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of browser and MS Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free applications listed below that can help you remove the adware.
Uninstall newly installed adware software
The best way to start the device cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious apps. Using the Microsoft Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded software can clean up the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge and Google Chrome from advertisements, hijackers and so on.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the image below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the following example.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of applications installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the Toon Explorer adware. If you’ve many applications installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious applications by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a dubious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as displayed below.
After the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as displayed in the figure below.
You will see a list of apps installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most likely, it’s the Toon Explorer adware. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply press on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown on the image below.
Remove Toon Explorer from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, which installed by an malicious software.
First, open the IE, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of Toon Explorer adware, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like default search provider, start page and newtab page to default state.
Remove Toon Explorer from Google Chrome
This step will show you how to reset Google Chrome browser settings to original state. This can remove Toon Explorer adware and fix some surfing issues, especially after adware infection. It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First run the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will display the Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, press the option called “Settings”.
The web browser will show the settings screen. Another solution to display the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, like below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will display the confirmation prompt as displayed in the following example.
You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The browser will start the procedure of cleaning. When it’s finished, the internet browser’s settings including search provider, homepage and newtab page back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your PC.
Get rid of Toon Explorer from Firefox by resetting browser settings
The Firefox reset will delete redirects to online ads, fix modified preferences, disable malicious extensions and restore security settings. It’ll save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the figure below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Toon Explorer adware. When, it’s complete, press the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of Toon Explorer adware
Manual removal instructions does not always allow to completely remove the adware, as it is not easy to identify and delete components of adware and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you run malware removal tool to completely get rid of Toon Explorer off your browser. Several free malware removal tools are currently available that can be used against the adware. The optimum way would be to run Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes AntiMalware and Hitman Pro.
Run Zemana AntiMalware to delete Toon Explorer adware
Zemana is a malware removal tool. Currently, there are two versions of the program, one of them is free and second is paid (premium). The principle difference between the free and paid version of the tool is real-time protection module. If you just need to check your computer for malware and remove Toon Explorer , then the free version will be enough for you.
- Visit the page linked below to download Zemana Anti-Malware. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- When the downloading process is complete, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the Toon Explorer adware. While the Zemana Anti-Malware application is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- After finished, it will open the Scan Results. In order to delete all threats, simply click “Next”. After finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC.
Get rid of Toon Explorer adware and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
All-in-all, HitmanPro is a fantastic tool to free your PC from any unwanted software like Toon Explorer adware. The Hitman Pro is portable program that meaning, you don’t need to install it to use it. Hitman Pro is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Windows operating system from Microsoft Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 64-bit and 32-bit systems are supported.
- Download Hitman Pro from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the download is done, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button for checking your PC for the Toon Explorer adware. This task can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan Hitman Pro will locate threats exist on your device.
- When the system scan is finished, you can check all items found on your computer. You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Delete Toon Explorer adware with MalwareBytes
We recommend using the MalwareBytes AntiMalware which are completely clean your PC of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It’s able to help you remove the Toon Explorer adware from your internet browsers, PUPs, malicious software, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC for free.
- Download MalwareBytes on your MS Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When downloading is complete, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Choose “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, press the “Scan” button to begin scanning your device for the Toon Explorer adware. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. During the scan MalwareBytes will detect threats exist on your personal computer.
- Once the scan is complete, a list of all items found is created. When you are ready, click “Quarantine”. Once the clean-up is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC.
The following video offers a instructions on how to delete hijackers, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
How to stay safe online
It’s also critical to protect your browsers from malicious webpages and ads by using an adblocker program like AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- First, click the link below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the downloading process is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Toon Explorer ads, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop ups and intrusive malicious web-pages) and Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your device for new adwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Toon Explorer from Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, then ask for help here.