What is Rplnd28.com?
Rplnd28.com pop-ups are a social engineering attack that uses the browser notification feature to trick users into accepting push notifications via the web browser. The browser (push) notifications will essentially be advertisements for ‘free’ online games, prize & lottery scams, questionable web browser extensions, adult webpages, and fake software.
Rplnd28.com is a deceptive site that delivers a message stating that you should click ‘Allow’ button in order to access the content of the web page, download a file, enable Flash Player, watch a video, connect to the Internet, and so on. Once you click the ‘Allow’ button, then you will start seeing unwanted adverts in form of pop up windows on the internet browser.
|Name||Rplnd28.com pop up|
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||potentially unwanted applications, adware software, suspicious pop-up advertisements, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Rplnd28.com removal guide|
How does your PC system get infected with Rplnd28.com popups
IT security experts have determined that users are re-directed to Rplnd28.com by adware or from shady ads. Adware is a form of malicious software. Adware software can generate popup windows, show annoying ads, modify the victim’s web-browser settings, or redirect the victim’s internet browser to scam web sites. Aside from causing unwanted advertisements and web-browser redirects, it also can slow down the PC.
Remove Rplnd28.com notifications from web browsers
If you’re in situation where you don’t want to see notifications from the Rplnd28.com web site. In this case, you can turn off web notifications for your browser in Microsoft Windows/Apple Mac/Android. Find your browser in the list below, follow tutorial to delete web browser permissions to show browser notifications.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Remove the Rplnd28.com URL and other rogue notifications by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the internet browser that displays Rplnd28.com notifications advertisements.
- Find Rplnd28.com site, other dubious sites and set the toggle button to ‘OFF’ on them one-by-one.
- Click on ‘three horizontal stripes’ button at the right upper corner of the Firefox window.
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ and then to ‘Settings’ next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Rplnd28.com domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top-right corner, click the Edge menu button (it looks like three dots).
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button, located beneath ‘Website permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the Rplnd28.com.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the top-right corner of the browser.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings below ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Select the Rplnd28.com domain and other suspicious sites under and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Find the Rplnd28.com and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
How to remove Rplnd28.com ads (removal tutorial)
There are a few solutions that can be used to remove Rplnd28.com ads. But, not all PUPs like this adware software can be completely uninstalled utilizing only manual methods. Most often you are not able to delete any adware using standard Windows options. In order to delete Rplnd28.com advertisements you need complete a few manual steps and use reliable removal tools. Most computer security experts states that Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or HitmanPro tools are a right choice. These free applications are able to find and delete Rplnd28.com pop-up ads from your personal computer and revert back your web browser settings to defaults.
To remove Rplnd28.com pop ups, execute the steps below:
- Remove Rplnd28.com notifications from web browsers
- How to manually remove Rplnd28.com
- Automatic Removal of Rplnd28.com pop-ups
- Stop Rplnd28.com popups
How to manually remove Rplnd28.com
Most adware software can be removed manually, without the use of antivirus software or other removal tools. The manual steps below will guide you through how to delete Rplnd28.com pop up advertisements step by step. Although each of the steps is very simple and does not require special knowledge, but you are not sure that you can complete them, then use the free tools, a list of which is given below.
Remove PUPs using Windows Control Panel
Check out the Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed programs. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of software by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and suspicious programs, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all applications installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any questionable and unknown programs.
Remove Rplnd28.com popups from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings can allow you solve some problems caused by adware and get rid of Rplnd28.com pop-ups from web browser. This will also disable malicious addons as well as clear cookies and site data. Keep in mind that resetting your internet browser will not remove your history, bookmarks, passwords, and other saved data.
- First run the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is done, your web-browser’s startpage, new tab and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Rplnd28.com advertisements from Firefox
This step will help you delete Rplnd28.com pop ups, third-party toolbars, disable harmful extensions and revert back your default home page, newtab page and search provider settings.
First, open the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Rplnd28.com pop ups from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer browser you return your web-browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware which causes pop-ups.
First, run the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button similar to the one below.
Once the process is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s new tab page, startpage and search provider to default state.
Automatic Removal of Rplnd28.com pop-ups
Anti-Malware apps differ from each other by many features like performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus apps and so on. We recommend you run the following free software: Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes and HitmanPro. Each of these programs has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can be used to identify the adware and remove Rplnd28.com pop up ads from the Chrome, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
Use Zemana Anti-Malware to remove Rplnd28.com pop ups
Zemana is a complete package of anti malware utilities. Despite so many features, it does not reduce the performance of your computer. Zemana Anti-Malware is able to remove almost all the forms of adware including Rplnd28.com popups, hijackers, potentially unwanted apps and malicious browser addons. Zemana AntiMalware has real-time protection that can defeat most malware. You can run Zemana AntiMalware with any other antivirus without any conflicts.
Zemana AntiMalware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the downloading process is complete, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana AntiMalware will try to update itself and when this procedure is complete, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware software that causes Rplnd28.com pop up ads.
This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti-Malware tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware. Next, you need to click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will remove adware software related to the Rplnd28.com pop up ads and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine.
Remove Rplnd28.com pop up advertisements from internet browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is one of the most effective tools for uninstalling adware, potentially unwanted software and other malware. It can scan for hidden adware software in your device and remove all malicious folders and files linked to adware software. Hitman Pro will allow you to remove Rplnd28.com pop ups from your device and Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Edge and Mozilla Firefox. We strongly recommend you to download this tool as the makers are working hard to make it better.
- First, click the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is done, run the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to begin checking your personal computer for the adware that causes Rplnd28.com pop ups. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
- Once the scan is complete, it will open the Scan Results. Once you’ve selected what you want to delete from your computer press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes AntiMalware to remove Rplnd28.com ads
We suggest using the MalwareBytes AntiMalware which are completely clean your computer of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal application developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you remove unwanted Rplnd28.com pop-up advertisements from your internet browsers, potentially unwanted apps, malicious software, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your personal computer for free.
First, visit the following page, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When downloading is done, close all software and windows on your personal computer. Double-click the install file named MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard which will help you install MalwareBytes AntiMalware on your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, press “Get Started” button. MalwareBytes will automatically start and you can see its main screen like below.
Now click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes program will scan through the whole device for the adware responsible for Rplnd28.com advertisements. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
Once the scan is finished, MalwareBytes will open a list of all threats found by the scan. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Quarantine” button. The MalwareBytes will get rid of adware software which causes the intrusive Rplnd28.com pop-ups. After that process is done, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
We advise you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes to delete adware software, hijacker and other malware.
Stop Rplnd28.com popups
The AdGuard is a very good ad blocker program for the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of intrusive ads, popunders, popups, annoying newtab pages, and even full page ads and web site overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can stop the Rplnd28.com pop ups automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the download is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen like the one below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is finished, you will see a window like below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Rplnd28.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
We suggest that you keep Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your PC system for new adwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you block intrusive pop-up advertisements and harmful web-sites). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to locate PUPs.
If you need more help with Rplnd28.com advertisements related issues, go to here.