What is VTwitAlpha?
According to computer security researchers, VTwitAlpha is a browser extension that belongs to the “Browser hijackers” category. It affects your computer and modifies internet browser settings. VTwitAlpha can take over your web-browser and force you to use an unwanted website as your search engine, start page and new tab. When VTwitAlpha in the system, it can gather privacy data such as search queries as well as browsing history. In some cases, browser hijackers use the Managed by your organization feature (on Chrome web-browsers) to block the ability to restore the settings of the infected browser.
If your personal computer has been infected with the VTwitAlpha browser hijacker you will be forced to use its own search provider. It could seem not to be dangerous, but you still should be very careful, since it may show unwanted and harmful ads designed to trick you into buying some questionable programs or products, provide search results which may redirect your browser to some deceptive, scam or malicious pages. We suggest that you use only the reliable search provider such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
As well as unwanted web-browser redirects, VTwitAlpha can gather your Web surfing activity by recording websites visited, IP addresses, browser version and type, URLs visited, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and cookie information. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or personal info theft. This is another reason why the browser hijacker should be deleted without a wait.
To find out how to get rid of VTwitAlpha, we recommend to read the steps added to this article below. The instructions was prepared by experienced security researchers who discovered a solution to delete the browser hijacker out of the system.
How can a browser hijacker get on your PC system
Most often, browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs come bundled with the installation packages from file sharing web sites. So, install a free software is a a good chance that you will find a bundled browser hijacker. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the installation, select the Custom or Advanced install option. Next, press ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install bundled applications. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any software or otherwise you may end up with another unwanted program on your computer like this browser hijacker.
|Type||search engine hijacker, browser hijacker, start page hijacker, PUP, redirect virus|
|Affected Browser Settings||search engine, home page, new tab URL|
|Distribution||fake software updaters, suspicious pop-up advertisements, freeware installation packages|
|Symptoms||Advertising popups won’t go away. Every time you perform an Internet search, your web browser is redirected to another webpage. Your PC system starts automatically installing unwanted applications. Unwanted browser toolbar(s) Your web-browser settings are being modified without your request.|
|Removal||VTwitAlpha removal guide|
How to remove VTwitAlpha from Windows 10 (8, 7, XP)
Fortunately, it is not hard to remove the VTwitAlpha. In the following instructions, we will provide two ways to get rid of this browser hijacker. One is the manual removal way and the other is automatic removal method. You can select the way that best fits you. Please follow the removal tutorial below to get rid of VTwitAlpha right now!
To remove VTwitAlpha, perform the steps below:
- How to manually remove VTwitAlpha
- Automatic Removal of VTwitAlpha
- How to stay safe online
How to manually remove VTwitAlpha
The steps will help you get rid of VTwitAlpha hijacker. These removal steps work for IE, Chrome, Edge and Mozilla Firefox, as well as every version of Windows operating system.
Deleting the VTwitAlpha, check the list of installed programs first
The main cause of homepage or search engine hijacking could be PUPs, adware software or other malicious programs that you can have accidentally installed on the computer. You need to find and delete all unwanted software.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Remove VTwitAlpha hijacker from web-browsers
This step will show you how to remove malicious plugins. This can remove VTwitAlpha browser hijacker and fix some browsing problems, especially after browser hijacker infection.
|Google Chrome||Mozilla Firefox|
You can also try to get rid of VTwitAlpha hijacker by reset Chrome settings.
If you are still experiencing issues with VTwitAlpha hijacker removal, you need to reset Mozilla Firefox browser.
Another method to remove VTwitAlpha browser hijacker from Internet Explorer is reset Internet Explorer settings.
Automatic Removal of VTwitAlpha
The browser hijacker can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and remove easily. This can lead to the fact that after some time, the browser hijacker once again infect your computer and change browser settings. Moreover, I want to note that it’s not always safe to remove browser hijacker manually, if you do not have much experience in setting up and configuring the MS Windows operating system. The best solution to search for and remove hijackers is to use free malware removal applications.
Use Zemana to remove VTwitAlpha hijacker
Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is a lightweight tool which created to run alongside your antivirus software, detecting and deleting malware, adware and potentially unwanted programs that other programs miss. Zemana Free is easy to use, fast, does not use many resources and have great detection and removal rates.
- Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your PC. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) application will scan through the whole computer for the VTwitAlpha hijacker.
- As the scanning ends, you will be displayed the list of all detected threats on your computer.
- All detected items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press the “Next” button. The utility will start to get rid of VTwitAlpha browser hijacker. When finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Use HitmanPro to get rid of VTwitAlpha from the device
If Zemana cannot get rid of this browser hijacker, then we recommends to use the HitmanPro. The HitmanPro is a free powerful, professional removal tool for malware, adware, PUPs, toolbars as well as VTwitAlpha browser hijacker. It completely deletes all traces and remnants of the infection.
- Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you’ll need to download Hitman Pro on your device from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the download is complete, run the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan for the VTwitAlpha browser hijacker. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your computer.
- Once Hitman Pro completes the scan, a list of all threats found is prepared. All detected items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes Anti Malware to remove VTwitAlpha hijacker
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Free that are fully clean your personal computer of the hijacker. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal program created by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It is able to help you remove hijacker, PUPs, malware, adware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
- First, please go to the link below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once the downloading process is done, close all software and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Choose “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, click the “Scan” button for scanning your personal computer for the VTwitAlpha hijacker. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once that process is complete, MalwareBytes Anti Malware will create a list of unwanted programs and browser hijacker. All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press “Quarantine”. After the process is done, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
The following video offers a guidance on how to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Free.
How to stay safe online
In order to increase your security and protect your personal computer against new intrusive advertisements and harmful webpages, you need to use ad-blocking program that stops an access to harmful advertisements and web-pages. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of webpages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard from the link below. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your personal computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block malicious and misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that may be found on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your PC for new browser hijackers and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you block intrusive pop up advertisements and harmful web sites). Moreover, to prevent any hijacker, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to look for PUPs.
If you need more help with VTwitAlpha related issues, go to here.