What is Reputation Lookup
Reputation Lookup is a browser extension that functions like Adware. Adware is a form of software which shows unwanted ads to the user of a computer. The ads produced by adware software are sometimes in the form of a in-text link, pop-up or sometimes in an unclosable window. Adware can change browser settings and substitute the legitimate sponsored links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit harmful and websites.
Another reason why you need to delete the Reputation Lookup adware is its online data-tracking activity. Adware can have spyware and keyloggers built into itself, leading to greater damage to your personal computer and possible invasion of your personal information.
Adware is usually written in ways common to malicious software, spyware and hijackers. In order to delete Reputation Lookup adware, you will need execute the following steps or run free adware removal utility listed below.
How does Reputation Lookup get on your computer
Adware most likely to occur during the installation of free software due the fact that PUPs like this are usually hidden in the installer. Thus, if you have installed some free software using Quick(Standard) method, you may have let adware software gets inside your PC. Keep in mind that the Quick mode is unreliable because it do not warn about optional programs. Thus, third-party software will be installed automatically unless you choose Advanced/Custom method and disable its installation.
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted program (PUP), pop up ads, pop-ups, pop-up virus|
|Removal||Reputation Lookup removal guide|
How to remove Reputation Lookup adware from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
As with uninstalling adware, malicious software or PUPs, there are few steps you can do. We advise trying them all. If you do only one part of the guidance, then it should be use malicious software removal tool, because it should get rid of adware and block any further infection. But to completely remove Reputation Lookup adware you’ll have to at least reset your browser settings such as homepage, newtab page and search provider by default to default state, disinfect PC’s browsers shortcuts, remove all unwanted and suspicious applications, and remove adware with malware removal utilities. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to close your web browser or restart your personal computer.
To remove Reputation Lookup, execute the steps below:
- How to manually remove Reputation Lookup
- Automatic Removal of Reputation Lookup
- How to stay safe online
How to manually remove Reputation Lookup
First try to get rid of Reputation Lookup manually; to do this, follow the steps below. Of course, manual removal of adware requires more time and may not be suitable for those who are poorly versed in system settings. In this case, we suggest that you scroll down to the section that describes how to remove adware software using free removal utilities.
Delete dubious programs using Windows Control Panel
When troubleshooting a computer, one common step is go to MS Windows Control Panel and uninstall dubious applications. The same approach will be used in the removal of Reputation Lookup adware. Please use steps based on your MS Windows version.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the personal computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete dubious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove Reputation Lookup from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple solution to remove Reputation Lookup , malicious and adware plugins, web-browser’s search engine by default, newtab and home page that have been modified by adware.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed plugins. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, similar to the one below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Delete Reputation Lookup from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox browser is hijacked by Reputation Lookup and you want to restore the Mozilla Firefox settings back to their default values, then you should follow the tutorial below. It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox internet browser settings to their original settings.
Get rid of Reputation Lookup from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your internet browser, which installed by an malware.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the screen below.
Once the process is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s start page, search provider and new tab page to default state.
Automatic Removal of Reputation Lookup
If you’re not expert at computers, then all your attempts to delete Reputation Lookup by following the manual steps above might result in failure. To find and remove all of the adware related files and registry entries that keep this adware on your personal computer, run free anti-malware software such as Zemana, MalwareBytes Free and HitmanPro from our list below.
Use Zemana to remove Reputation Lookup adware
Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is an amazing utility to remove Reputation Lookup from the Microsoft Edge, IE, Chrome and Firefox. It also removes malware and adware from your device. It improves your system’s performance by removing PUPs.
- First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM).
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your personal computer. Next, run a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your device. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will launch and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the Reputation Lookup adware. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) tool is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- As the scanning ends, Zemana Anti Malware will create a list of unwanted software and adware.
- Once you’ve selected what you want to delete from your device click the “Next” button. The utility will remove Reputation Lookup adware and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. After disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Reputation Lookup adware software
HitmanPro is a free portable application that scans your PC for adware software, potentially unwanted apps and hijackers and helps remove them easily. Moreover, it will also allow you delete any harmful browser extensions and add-ons.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for MS Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is complete, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the Reputation Lookup adware. While the HitmanPro is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When HitmanPro has finished scanning, HitmanPro will display a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected. Review the report and then press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
How to get rid of Reputation Lookup with MalwareBytes Free
Trying to remove Reputation Lookup can become a battle of wills between the adware infection and you. MalwareBytes can be a powerful ally, removing most of today’s adware, malware and PUPs with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes Free will help you win.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for MS Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the downloading process is finished, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup like below.
When the installation starts, you will see the Setup wizard which will help you set up Malwarebytes on your device.
Once install is finished, you will see window as shown in the figure below.
Now click the “Scan” button to start scanning your PC for the Reputation Lookup adware. Depending on your personal computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan MalwareBytes Free will search for threats present on your personal computer.
When MalwareBytes Free completes the scan, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will display a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press “Quarantine” button.
The Malwarebytes will now remove Reputation Lookup adware and move the selected threats to the Quarantine. Once the cleaning procedure is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video explains guidance on how to remove browser hijacker, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
How to stay safe online
Run adblocker program like AdGuard in order to block ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your device performance and impact your PC system security. Browse the Internet anonymously and stay safe online!
- Click the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the downloading process is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your device, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block harmful and misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Now your PC system should be clean of the Reputation Lookup adware. We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new adware softwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you block unwanted ads and harmful web-pages). Moreover, to prevent any adware software, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to search for PUPs.
If you need more help with Reputation Lookup related issues, go to here.