What is Kokotrokot.com?
There are many scam web sites on the Internet and Kokotrokot.com is one of them. It is a deceptive webpage which uses social engineering techniques to trick you into subscribing to browser notification spam. Scammers use browser push notifications to bypass protection against pop-ups in the browser and therefore show a lot of unwanted ads. These advertisements are used to promote questionable web-browser extensions, fake prizes scams, fake software, and adult web-sites.
Kokotrokot.com displays the ‘Show notifications’ popup that attempts to get you to press the ‘Allow’ button to subscribe to its notifications. If you click ALLOW, then you will start seeing unwanted adverts in form of popup windows on the desktop.
You can remove Kokotrokot.com subscription by going into your web-browser’s settings and completing the simple steps below. Once you disable Kokotrokot.com notifications from your web browser settings, you won’t receive any unwanted ads in the lower right corner of your desktop or notification center.
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||adware, social engineering attack, malicious popup ads, potentially unwanted applications|
|Removal||Kokotrokot.com removal guide|
Where the Kokotrokot.com popups comes from
IT security researchers have determined that users are redirected to Kokotrokot.com by adware or from suspicious advertisements. Adware is software related to unwanted advertising. Some adware will bring up adverts when you is browsing the World Wide Web, while other will build up a profile of your surfing habits in order to target ads. In general, adware have to be installed on your computer, so it will tend to be bundled with other software in much the same method as PUPs.
The most common way to get adware is a freeware installer. In most cases, a user have a chance to disable all included ‘offers’, but some setup files are designed to confuse the average users, in order to trick them into installing potentially unwanted software and adware. Anyway, easier to prevent adware rather than clean up your PC system after one. So, keep your web-browser updated (turn on automatic updates), use good antivirus applications, double check free programs before you open it (do a google search, scan a downloaded file with VirusTotal), avoid dubious and unknown web pages.
How to remove Kokotrokot.com pop-ups (removal guide)
There are a simple manual steps below that will help you to remove Kokotrokot.com ads from your Windows PC. The most effective solution to remove this adware is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) or Hitman Pro automatic tools (all are free). The manual solution will help to weaken this adware and these malicious software removal utilities will completely remove Kokotrokot.com popups and restore the Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer settings to default.
To remove Kokotrokot.com pop ups, follow the steps below:
- How to remove Kokotrokot.com pop-up ads without any software
- Automatic Removal of Kokotrokot.com ads
- How to stop Kokotrokot.com pop up advertisements
How to remove Kokotrokot.com pop-up ads without any software
The most common adware can be removed manually, without the use of antivirus or other removal tools. The manual steps below will help you remove Kokotrokot.com advertisements step by step. Although each of the steps is very easy and does not require special knowledge, but you doubt that you can finish them, then use the free tools, a list of which is given below.
Delete potentially unwanted apps through the MS Windows Control Panel
It is of primary importance to first identify and delete all PUPs, adware software applications and browser hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your MS Windows Control Panel.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as displayed below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all apps installed on your device. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown apps.
Remove Kokotrokot.com notifications from web-browsers
if you became a victim of cybercriminals and clicked on the “Allow” button, then your web browser was configured to display intrusive ads. To remove the ads, you need to delete the notification permission that you gave the Kokotrokot.com web-page to send push notifications.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click on Google Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on ‘Settings’. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Advanced’.
- At the ‘Privacy and Security’ section click ‘Site settings’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Find the Kokotrokot.com URL and remove it by clicking the three vertical dots on the right to the site and select ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the browser which shows Kokotrokot.com push notifications advertisements.
- Find Kokotrokot.com in the list and disable it.
- Click the Menu button (three horizontal stripes) on the right upper corner.
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Kokotrokot.com domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top right hand corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button under ‘Website permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the Kokotrokot.com site.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Go to ‘Internet Options’ in the menu.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Find the Kokotrokot.com domain and click the ‘Remove’ button to remove the domain.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top-left corner of the browser and select ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Find the Kokotrokot.com and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
Remove Kokotrokot.com pop ups from Google Chrome
This step will show you how to reset Google Chrome browser settings to default values. This can get rid of Kokotrokot.com popups and fix some browsing issues, especially after adware infection. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed plugins. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, press to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Delete Kokotrokot.com pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox
This step will help you remove Kokotrokot.com advertisements, third-party toolbars, disable harmful plugins and restore your default start page, new tab page and search provider settings.
First, launch the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the image below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Kokotrokot.com pop ups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to recover all web browser newtab page, default search engine and startpage you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your computer.
First, open the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as on the image below.
Once the procedure is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your device for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s new tab page, startpage and default search engine to default state.
Automatic Removal of Kokotrokot.com ads
We have compiled some of the best adware software removing tools which can be used to detect and remove Kokotrokot.com ads , undesired internet browser extensions and potentially unwanted software.
How to remove Kokotrokot.com popups with Zemana
Zemana is extremely fast and ultra light weight malicious software removal tool. It will help you remove Kokotrokot.com ads, adware, potentially unwanted programs and other malicious software. This program gives real-time protection which never slow down your device. Zemana is designed for experienced and beginner computer users. The interface of this tool is very easy to use, simple and minimalist.
- Zemana Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After downloading is done, close all software and windows on your PC. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware related to the Kokotrokot.com popup ads. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC and the speed of your PC system. While the Zemana AntiMalware application is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as threat.
- When Zemana Free has finished scanning, the results are displayed in the scan report. All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next”. After disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart your device.
Use Hitman Pro to delete Kokotrokot.com popups
HitmanPro is a free removal utility that can be downloaded and run to remove adware software that causes Kokotrokot.com popup advertisements, browser hijackers, malicious software, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and other threats from your device. You can use this tool to locate threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When downloading is finished, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware related to the Kokotrokot.com advertisements. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your PC system. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When the scan get completed, Hitman Pro will show a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found. Make sure to check mark the items which are unsafe and then click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
How to remove Kokotrokot.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
If you’re having issues with Kokotrokot.com popup ads removal, then check out MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). This is a utility that can help clean up your PC system and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After downloading is complete, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will try to update itself and when this procedure is done, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware software that causes multiple intrusive popups. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan MalwareBytes will scan for threats exist on your PC. All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti Malware is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal tool, we suggest you to read and follow the step-by-step guide or the video guide below.
How to stop Kokotrokot.com pop up advertisements
If you surf the Net, you can’t avoid malicious advertising. But you can protect your web-browser against it. Download and run an ad-blocking application. AdGuard is an ad blocker that can filter out lots of of the malvertising, blocking dynamic scripts from loading malicious content.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen similar to the one below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial as displayed in the following example.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guide which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Kokotrokot.com, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Once you have done the few simple steps above, your computer should be clean from this adware software and other malicious software. The Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge and Firefox will no longer display annoying Kokotrokot.com web page when you surf the Internet. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Kokotrokot.com ads.