What is Rockstartpush.net?
There are many scam web-sites on the Internet and Rockstartpush.net is one of them. It is a misleading web-page that tries to lure computer users into allowing push notifications from malicious (ad) push servers. Scammers use push notifications to bypass popup blocker and therefore show lots of unwanted advertisements. These ads are used to promote questionable web-browser addons, fake prizes scams, adware bundles, and adult websites.
The Rockstartpush.net web site claims that you need to subscribe to its notifications in order to connect to the Internet, enable Flash Player, access the content of the web site, download a file, watch a video, and so on. If you click the ‘Allow’ button, then your internet browser will be configured to display pop up ads in the lower right hand corner of Windows or Mac.
In order to remove Rockstartpush.net notifications open the web-browser’s settings and follow the simple steps below. Once you disable Rockstartpush.net notifications from your internet browser settings, you won’t receive any unwanted advertisements in the lower right corner of your desktop or notification center.
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||potentially unwanted software, social engineering attack, adware, shady pop up ads|
|Removal||Rockstartpush.net removal guide|
How did you get infected with Rockstartpush.net pop ups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Rockstartpush.net from misleading ads or by PUPs and adware. Adware is an advertising malicious software. It is designed just to display numerous pop-ups and/or unwanted advertising using intrusive and at times dangerous ways. Adware can also include other forms of malware. It can steal user info from the device and pass it on to third parties. Adware software has also been the basis for hacking to gain access to the PC system.
Adware usually gets on your computer along with freeware. So, when you installing freeware, carefully read the disclaimers, choose the Custom or Advanced setup mode to watch for additional applications that are being installed, because some of the software are PUPs and adware.
Take a deep breath. Learn everything you should know about Rockstartpush.net popup ads removal, how to get rid of adware from your browser and personal computer. Find the best free adware software and malicious software removal tools here!
How to remove Rockstartpush.net pop up ads from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Fortunately, we’ve an effective method which will assist you manually or/and automatically remove Rockstartpush.net from your browser and bring your web browser settings, including new tab, homepage and search engine, back to normal. Below you’ll find a removal instructions with all the steps you may need to successfully remove adware and its components. Some of the steps below will require you to exit this webpage. So, please read the guidance carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Rockstartpush.net pop ups, execute the following steps:
- Manual Rockstartpush.net popup advertisements removal
- Automatic Removal of Rockstartpush.net advertisements
- Stop Rockstartpush.net pop up ads
- Finish words
Manual Rockstartpush.net popup advertisements removal
The step-by-step guide will allow you manually delete Rockstartpush.net ads from a computer. If you have little experience in using computers, we recommend that you use the free tools listed below.
Check the list of installed applications first
Some PUPs, browser hijacking software and adware may be uninstalled by uninstalling the freeware they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed software in MS Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to remove them.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Remove Rockstartpush.net notifications from web-browsers
If you have allowed the Rockstartpush.net site to send notifications to your web-browser, then we will need to remove these permissions. Depending on web browser, you can follow the steps below to remove the Rockstartpush.net permissions to send notifications.
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the top-right corner
- Select ‘Settings’, scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Advanced’.
- At the ‘Privacy and Security’ section click ‘Site settings’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Click ‘three dots’ button on the right hand side of Rockstartpush.net site or other questionable site and click ‘Remove’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the right upper corner, find and tap the Google Chrome menu (three dots).
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Tap on ‘Site settings’ and then ‘Notifications’. In the opened window, find the Rockstartpush.net site, other rogue notifications and tap on them one-by-one.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the right upper corner, click the Firefox menu (three bars).
- Select ‘Options’ and click on ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left hand side of the browser window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ and then to ‘Settings’ next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate Rockstartpush.net URL, other rogue notifications, click the drop-down menu and choose ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Right-click the Rockstartpush.net URL. Click ‘Delete’.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the top-right corner.
- Go to ‘Internet Options’ in the menu.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Rockstartpush.net and other dubious sites below and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top-left corner of the window and select ‘Preferences’.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Find the Rockstartpush.net site and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
Get rid of Rockstartpush.net popups from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web-browser you revert back your internet browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware software responsible for Rockstartpush.net popups.
First, run the IE. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Delete Rockstartpush.net from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Firefox settings such as startpage, new tab page and search provider have been replaced by the adware software, then resetting it to the default state can help. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Rockstartpush.net ads from Chrome
In this step we are going to show you how to reset Chrome settings. PUPs such as the adware can make changes to your web browser settings, add toolbars and unwanted plugins. By resetting Google Chrome settings you will get rid of Rockstartpush.net pop-ups and reset unwanted changes caused by adware. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Rockstartpush.net advertisements
The easiest way to remove Rockstartpush.net popup advertisements is to run an antimalware program capable of detecting adware software. We recommend try Zemana Free or another free malware remover which listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware, hijackers and other PUPs.
Run Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) to delete Rockstartpush.net ads
Zemana Free is a malware removal utility. Currently, there are two versions of the tool, one of them is free and second is paid (premium). The principle difference between the free and paid version of the tool is real-time protection module. If you just need to check your computer for malicious software and remove adware software that causes intrusive Rockstartpush.net pop-up advertisements, then the free version will be enough for you.
Download Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the downloading process is finished, close all windows on your device. Further, start the set up file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown below, press the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” which will allow you install Zemana Anti-Malware on the PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, Zemana will automatically launch and you can see its main window as shown in the figure below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware responsible for Rockstartpush.net pop-up advertisements. While the Zemana Free application is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as threat.
When Zemana Anti Malware has finished scanning your computer, a list of all threats detected is produced. Review the results once the utility has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana will start to remove adware which cause popups. When finished, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
Use HitmanPro to delete Rockstartpush.net ads
HitmanPro frees your computer from browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software, unwanted toolbars, web-browser add-ons and other undesired applications such as adware related to the Rockstartpush.net pop-ups. The free removal tool will help you enjoy your computer to its fullest. HitmanPro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to detect if there are undesired software in your device. You can review the scan results, and choose the items you want to erase.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you’ll need to download Hitman Pro on your PC system by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is complete, launch the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, press the “Next” to start checking your computer for the adware software that causes unwanted Rockstartpush.net popup advertisements. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After finished, Hitman Pro will open a list of found threats. Review the report and then click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) to remove Rockstartpush.net pop-ups
We advise using the MalwareBytes which are fully clean your personal computer of the adware software. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you get rid of unwanted Rockstartpush.net pop up ads from your web browsers, PUPs, malware, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your device for free.
Installing the MalwareBytes is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the downloading process is finished, close all apps and windows on your personal computer. Double-click the set up file called MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard which will help you install MalwareBytes Free on your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, click “Get Started” button. MalwareBytes will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown below.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that causes Rockstartpush.net popup advertisements in your web browser. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the tool is scanning, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
As the scanning ends, you will be shown the list of all detected threats on your personal computer. In order to remove all items, simply click “Quarantine” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will begin to delete adware which cause pop ups. After the clean up is complete, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) to remove adware software, browser hijacker and other malware.
Stop Rockstartpush.net pop up ads
The AdGuard is a very good ad blocker application for the IE, MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of annoying ads, popunders, pop ups, intrusive newtabs, and even full page advertisements and web page overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can block the Rockstartpush.net pop-up ads automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Rockstartpush.net, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
Now your computer should be clean of the adware that causes multiple annoying popups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop ups and unwanted harmful web-sites) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your personal computer for new adwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Rockstartpush.net pop up advertisements from the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox, then ask for help here here.