What is WebRadioSearch?
According to security experts, WebRadioSearch is a potentially unwanted application (PUA) from the group of Browser hijackers. A browser hijacker is a part of software that is created to take over the web browser and control user’s surfing preferences. It commonly aims at Google Chrome browser, but it’s possible that it can hijack other web browser too. The browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs can sneak into the PC unnoticed due to the fact that it’s actively being promoted in free software. We recommend that you uninstall WebRadioSearch as soon as you notice the changes it has made to your web-browser settings.
The WebRadioSearch browser hijacker changes your browser’s search provider so that all searches are sent through feed.webradiosearch.com that redirects to Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search engine that displays the search results for your query. The developers of this hijacker are utilizing legitimate search provider as they may generate profit from the ads that are shown in the search results.
As well as unwanted web browser redirects to webradiosearch.com, WebRadioSearch can collect your Internet surfing activity by saving web browser version and type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), web-pages visited, cookie information, IP addresses and URLs visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or confidential information theft. This is another reason why WebRadioSearch should be uninstalled as quickly as possible.
How can a browser hijacker get on your device
|Type||redirect virus, browser hijacker, PUP, search engine hijacker, startpage hijacker|
|Associated web-domains||feed.webradiosearch.com, portal.webradiosearch.com, get.webradiosearch.com, install.webradiosearch.com|
|Affected Browser Settings||new tab URL, search provider, start page|
|Distribution||fake software updaters, suspicious popup advertisements, free programs installation packages|
|Symptoms||Adverts appear in places they shouldn’t be. When you go to a web page, you’re occasionally redirected to another web site that you do not intend to visit. Your PC starts automatically installing unwanted apps. New browser extensions suddenly installed on your browser. Your web browser startpage or search provider keeps changing or is not set to Google anymor.|
|Removal||WebRadioSearch removal guide|
How to remove WebRadioSearch from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
As with deleting adware software, malicious software or PUPs, there are few steps you can do. We suggest trying them all. If you do only one part of the guidance, then it should be use free malware removal tools, because you need to not only remove browser hijacker, but also prevent malicious software from infecting your PC system. But to completely delete WebRadioSearch you’ll have to at least reset your web-browser settings such as start page, new tab and search provider by default to default state, uninstall all unwanted and suspicious software, and remove hijacker by malware removal utilities. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to exit your browser or restart your computer.
To remove WebRadioSearch, perform the steps below:
- How to manually get rid of WebRadioSearch
- Automatic Removal of WebRadioSearch
- Stop WebRadioSearch redirect
How to manually get rid of WebRadioSearch
Read this section to know how to manually remove the browser hijacker. Even if the steps does not work for you, there are several free malware removers below which can easily handle such browser hijackers.
Uninstalling the WebRadioSearch, check the list of installed apps first
It’s of primary importance to first identify and remove all potentially unwanted software, adware apps and hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Windows Control Panel.
Make sure you have closed all browsers and other programs. Next, uninstall any undesired and suspicious apps from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of programs installed on your PC. Most likely, one of them is the WebRadioSearch hijacker. Choose the questionable program or the program that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Select the questionable or any unknown applications, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to delete this undesired program from your computer.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an undesired program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove WebRadioSearch hijacker from web-browsers
This step will show you how to delete malicious extensions. This can delete WebRadioSearch browser hijacker and fix some surfing problems, especially after browser hijacker infection.
|Google Chrome||Mozilla Firefox|
You can also try to get rid of WebRadioSearch browser hijacker by reset Google Chrome settings.
If you are still experiencing problems with WebRadioSearch hijacker removal, you need to reset Firefox browser.
Another way to remove WebRadioSearch browser hijacker from IE is reset IE settings.
Automatic Removal of WebRadioSearch
The manual steps above is tedious to use and can not always help to delete WebRadioSearch browser hijacker completely. Here I am telling you an automatic method to delete this browser hijacker from your web browser completely. Zemana, MalwareBytes and HitmanPro are anti malware tools that can locate and get rid of all kinds of malicious software including WebRadioSearch browser hijacker.
How to delete WebRadioSearch with Zemana
Zemana Anti-Malware is a free application for MS Windows operating system to search for and remove PUPs, adware software, malicious web-browser extensions, browser toolbars, and other unwanted apps like WebRadioSearch browser hijacker.
- Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the install file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Free setup on your computer.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply press the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the setup is done, Zemana Anti-Malware will open automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana Free icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana AntiMalware, let’s see How to use Zemana Free to get rid of WebRadioSearch hijacker from your computer.
- After you have started the Zemana AntiMalware, you’ll see a window as displayed in the following example, just click ‘Scan’ button to scan for browser hijacker.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana scans your computer.
- Once Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) has finished scanning your device, a list of all threats detected is prepared. Make sure to check mark the threats which are unsafe and then press ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana may require a reboot PC system in order to complete the WebRadioSearch hijacker removal process.
- If you want to completely remove browser hijacker from your personal computer, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware software, potentially unwanted software and other threats and click Delete.
- Restart your PC to complete the hijacker removal process.
Get rid of WebRadioSearch hijacker from internet browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro will help remove WebRadioSearch browser hijacker that slow down your computer. The browser hijackers, adware software and other PUPs slow your web-browser down and try to trick you into clicking on shady advertisements and links. Hitman Pro deletes the browser hijacker and lets you enjoy your computer without WebRadioSearch hijacker.
- First, visit the page linked below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is finished, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button for checking your PC system for the WebRadioSearch browser hijacker. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- As the scanning ends, Hitman Pro will prepare a list of unwanted apps and browser hijacker. When you are ready, click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Remove WebRadioSearch browser hijacker with MalwareBytes Free
Manual WebRadioSearch hijacker removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker may be not completely removed. We recommend that use the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) that are completely clean your computer of hijacker. Moreover, this free program will help you to remove malware, potentially unwanted software, adware and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free for Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware will open and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes program will scan through the whole computer for the WebRadioSearch hijacker. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware application is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- When the scan is finished, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will show a screen that contains a list of malware that has been found.
- Review the report and then click the “Quarantine” button. Once finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop WebRadioSearch redirect
We recommend to install an ad blocking program that can stop WebRadioSearch redirects and block malicious web sites. The ad-blocking tool such as AdGuard is a application that basically removes advertising from the World Wide Web and blocks access to malicious web-pages. Moreover, security experts says that using ad-blocking apps is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Net.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your device, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block WebRadioSearch, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be free of the WebRadioSearch hijacker. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popup ads and intrusive harmful websites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new malicious software, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, malicious apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove WebRadioSearch from your web browser, then ask for help here.