What is Houdodoo.net?
Houdodoo.net is a web-site that always redirects users to a variety of advertising web pages. Some of them can be questionable or misleading web-sites. Cyber threat analysts have determined that users can be redirected to Houdodoo.net by by adware or from dubious advertisements. Adware is a form of software related to unwanted advertising. Some adware will bring up advertisements when you is browsing the World Wide Web, while other will build up a profile of your browsing habits in order to target adverts. In general, adware have to be installed on your PC system, so it will tend to be bundled with other apps in much the same method as PUPs.
The worst is, adware has the ability to gather confidential information about you (your ip address, what is a website you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
|adware software, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop-up virus, pop-ups, pop-up ads
|Houdodoo.net removal guide
How does Adware get on your computer
The most common way to get adware is a freeware setup file. In many cases, a user have a chance to disable all unneeded software, but certain setup packages are designed to confuse the average users, in order to trick them into installing PUPs and adware software. Anyway, easier to prevent adware software rather than clean up your PC system after one. So, keep your browser updated (turn on automatic updates), use good antivirus software, double check free software before you run it (do a google search, scan a downloaded file with VirusTotal), avoid dubious and unknown webpages.
To find out how to remove Houdodoo.net popup advertisements, we recommend to read the few simple steps added to this article below. The guide was designed by experienced security professionals who discovered a solution to remove the annoying adware software out of the computer.
How to remove Houdodoo.net popup ads from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There are several steps to deleting the adware related to the Houdodoo.net popups, because it installs itself so deeply into Microsoft Windows. You need to remove all suspicious and unknown software, then get rid of malicious extensions from the Google Chrome, MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox and IE and other web browsers you’ve installed. Finally, you need to reset your web browser settings to remove any changes the adware software has made, and then scan your computer with Zemana, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) or Hitman Pro to ensure the adware is fully removed. It will take a while.
To remove Houdodoo.net, use the steps below:
- How to remove Houdodoo.net pop up ads without any software
- Automatic Removal of Houdodoo.net ads
- How to stop Houdodoo.net pop-up advertisements
- Finish words
How to remove Houdodoo.net pop up ads without any software
The step-by-step guidance will help you manually remove Houdodoo.net pop-up ads from a PC system. If you have little experience in using computers, we suggest that you use the free utilities listed below.
Uninstall adware software through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
When troubleshooting a PC, one common step is go to MS Windows Control Panel and remove questionable applications. The same approach will be used in the removal of Houdodoo.net advertisements. Please use instructions based on your Windows version.
Remove Houdodoo.net from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
This step will allow you remove Houdodoo.net popup advertisements, third-party toolbars, disable harmful addons and return your default startpage, new tab and search provider settings.
First, start the Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () like below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Houdodoo.net adware. Once, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Houdodoo.net popups from Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web browser, that installed by an malware.
First, run the IE. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Houdodoo.net pop-up advertisements from Google Chrome
The adware can change your Google Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an unknown website as your search engine or start page, additional extensions and toolbars. Reset Chrome web browser will allow you to delete Houdodoo.net redirect and reset the unwanted changes caused by adware. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your browser’s new tab, search provider by default and homepage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Houdodoo.net ads
There are not many good free anti malware applications with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, adware, browser hijackers and other PUPs. We suggest to run several programs, not just one. These programs which listed below will allow you delete all components of the adware software from your disk and Windows registry and thereby get rid of Houdodoo.net pop-up ads.
Get rid of Houdodoo.net pop up advertisements with Zemana AntiMalware
Zemana Free is a free utility that performs a scan of your device and displays if there are existing adware software, browser hijackers, viruses, worms, spyware, trojans and other malware residing on your PC system. If malicious software is detected, Zemana Anti Malware can automatically remove it. Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) doesn’t conflict with other antimalware and antivirus applications installed on your PC system.
- Installing the Zemana Free is simple. First you will need to download Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) by clicking on the link below. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After downloading is finished, close all apps and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, click the “Scan” button . Zemana program will scan through the whole PC for the adware responsible for Houdodoo.net redirect. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your personal computer and the speed of your PC. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted apps are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When Zemana is done scanning your personal computer, you can check all items detected on your device. All found items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next”. When that process is done, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Houdodoo.net pop-ups
Hitman Pro frees your device from browser hijackers, PUPs, unwanted toolbars, internet browser extensions and other undesired programs like adware that causes multiple annoying pop-ups. The free removal utility will help you enjoy your computer to its fullest. Hitman Pro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to look for if there are unwanted programs in your personal computer. You can review the scan results, and choose the threats you want to uninstall.
Download HitmanPro on your Windows Desktop from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the download is finished, open the file location and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will start the HitmanPro utility. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to run the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” . HitmanPro utility will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out adware responsible for Houdodoo.net redirect. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your personal computer. While the Hitman Pro utility is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
When HitmanPro has completed scanning, Hitman Pro will show a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Next” button. It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will remove adware that causes multiple undesired pop ups. After that process is finished, the utility may ask you to restart your personal computer.
Run MalwareBytes to remove Houdodoo.net pop up advertisements
If you are still having problems with the Houdodoo.net redirect — or just wish to check your personal computer occasionally for adware and other malware — download MalwareBytes Anti Malware. It’s free for home use, and identifies and deletes various undesired apps that attacks your computer or degrades PC system performance. MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) can delete adware software, PUPs as well as malicious software, including ransomware and trojans.
Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the download is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Free will try to update itself and when this task is finished, press the “Scan” button to start scanning your device for the adware associated with Houdodoo.net pop-up advertisements. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the utility is scanning, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned. Review the report and then click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal tool, we advise you to read and follow the few simple steps or the video guide below.
How to stop Houdodoo.net pop-up advertisements
If you want to delete unwanted ads, web-browser redirects and pop-ups, then install an ad blocker application like AdGuard. It can stop Houdodoo.net, ads, pop ups and block web sites from tracking your online activities when using the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge and IE. So, if you like surf the Internet, but you do not like undesired advertisements and want to protect your computer from malicious web pages, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Houdodoo.net, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Now your device should be free of the adware that causes intrusive Houdodoo.net popup ads. We suggest that you keep Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your computer for new adware softwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up ads and harmful web sites). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party applications, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to scan for PUPs.
If you need more help with Houdodoo.net pop up advertisements related issues, go to here.