If you find that the web-browser newtab, search provider by default and home page have replaced to Watch Sports Now without your knowledge or permission then it’s a sign that browser hijacker (sometimes named hijackware) was installed on your PC. Browser hijacker is small application that can modify your start page and search provider, redirect you to websites you never intended to open, collect search queries and marketing-type data about you. In the blog post below you will find tutorial about how to return internet browser settings to their original defaults and fully remove Watch Sports Now from Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome.
When the Watch Sports Now hijacker is installed on a web-browser, it can:
- set Watch Sports Now as search engine by default, new tab, and startpage;
- prevent users from replacing search engine or startpage address;
- redirect your queries to sponsored websites;
- provide altered search results;
- record your search queries;
- periodically redirects to questionable web sites;
- show undesired ads;
- collect Internet browsing habits and share it with third-parties.
As well as unwanted internet browser redirects to Watch Sports Now, the hijacker infection can gather your World Wide Web browsing activity by recording URLs visited, IP addresses, browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and web pages visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or personal information theft. This is another reason why the hijacker infection that redirects the browser to Watch Sports Now should be remove ASAP.
|Name||Watch Sports Now|
|Type||browser hijacker, search engine hijacker, homepage hijacker, toolbar, unwanted new tab, redirect virus|
|Removal||Watch Sports Now removal guide|
How can a browser hijacker get on your personal computer
The hijacker related to Watch Sports Now can be defined as PUP (potentially unwanted program) that commonly comes on the personal computer with other free applications. In most cases, this unwanted program comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their machine has been infected by malicious software. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your system from any undesired software: do not install any suspicious applications, read the user agreement and choose only the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation type, don’t rush to click the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the program on the World Wide Web. Be careful and attentive!
In order to delete browser hijacker that causes web browsers to display the Watch Sports Now web site from your PC system, clean the affected web browsers and revert back the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, MS Edge and Mozilla Firefox settings to its default state, please use the Watch Sports Now removal guide below.
How to remove Watch Sports Now redirect
We advise opting for automatic Watch Sports Now removal in order to delete all hijacker related entries easily. This method requires scanning the system with reputable antimalware, e.g. Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes Free or Hitman Pro. However, if you prefer manual removal steps, you can follow the steps below in this post. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to close your browser or reboot your system.
To remove Watch Sports Now, use the following steps:
- How to remove Watch Sports Now without any software
- How to automatically remove Watch Sports Now
- Use AdBlocker to stop Watch Sports Now redirect and stay safe online
- Finish words
How to remove Watch Sports Now without any software
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to get rid of the Watch Sports Now from the MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, IE and Google Chrome web-browsers.
Delete Watch Sports Now associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
The main cause of start page or search engine hijacking could be potentially unwanted programs, adware software or other unwanted programs that you may have unintentionally installed on the computer. You need to find and remove all suspicious software.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown in the figure below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and remove all suspicious and unknown apps. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. Once you’ve found anything questionable that may be the hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Watch Sports Now or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely delete it from your system.
Remove Watch Sports Now start page from web browsers
Annoying Watch Sports Now startpage or other symptoms of browser hijacker infection in your browser is a good reason to locate and remove malicious extensions. This is an easy method to recover internet browsers settings and not lose any important information.
|Google Chrome||Mozilla Firefox|
You can also try to remove Watch Sports Now by reset Chrome settings.
If you are still experiencing problems with Watch Sports Now home page removal, you need to reset Firefox browser.
Another way to remove Watch Sports Now search from IE is reset Internet Explorer settings.
How to automatically remove Watch Sports Now
There are not many good free anti malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malicious software, adware, browser hijackers and other PUPs. We recommend to run several applications, not just one. These programs that listed below will help you delete all components of the hijacker from your disk and Windows registry and thereby delete Watch Sports Now redirect.
Remove Watch Sports Now search with Zemana AntiMalware
You can download and use the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) for free. This anti malware tool will scan all the Microsoft Windows registry keys and files in your machine along with the system settings and internet browser addons. If it finds any malicious software, adware software or harmful add-on that is causing browsers to open intrusive Watch Sports Now web-site then the Zemana will remove them from your machine completely.
- Download Zemana Free from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the install file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti Malware installation on your personal computer.
- Select install language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is done, Zemana Anti-Malware will run automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana AntiMalware, let’s see How to use Zemana to delete Watch Sports Now from your computer.
- After you have opened the Zemana Free, you’ll see a window such as the one below, just click ‘Scan’ button to start scanning your personal computer for the browser hijacker infection.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Anti Malware scans your personal computer.
- After finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will display a list of found threats. Next, you need to click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana may require a reboot personal computer in order to complete the Watch Sports Now search removal procedure.
- If you want to permanently remove hijacker from your PC, then press ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware software, PUPs and other items and click Delete.
- Reboot your PC system to complete the hijacker infection removal procedure.
Scan and free your PC of hijacker with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a free application that developed to get rid of malicious software, PUPs, adware and browser hijacker infections from your machine running Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It will allow to identify and delete hijacker that responsible for web-browser redirect to the unwanted Watch Sports Now web page, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you will need to download Hitman Pro on your machine by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is done, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is opened, click “Next” button to locate browser hijacker infection responsible for changing your web-browser settings to Watch Sports Now. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the HitmanPro utility is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- After finished, Hitman Pro will open a scan report. Review the report and then press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to delete hijacker infection
We recommend using the MalwareBytes. You may download and install MalwareBytes AntiMalware to look for and get rid of Watch Sports Now homepage from your machine. When installed and updated, this free malicious software remover automatically identifies and removes all threats present on the machine.
Click the link below to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
After the download is finished, close all programs and windows on your computer. Double-click the install file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you set up MalwareBytes Free on your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is done successfully, press Finish button. MalwareBytes AntiMalware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown on the screen below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to locate hijacker infection responsible for changing your web browser settings to Watch Sports Now. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
Once the system scan is complete, MalwareBytes Anti Malware will open a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found. Next, you need to click “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will delete hijacker infection that responsible for web-browser redirect to the undesired Watch Sports Now web site and add items to the Quarantine. After the procedure is done, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Free to remove adware software, browser hijacker and other malware.
Use AdBlocker to stop Watch Sports Now redirect and stay safe online
If you want to get rid of annoying ads, web browser redirects and popups, then install an ad-blocker program such as AdGuard. It can stop Watch Sports Now, advertisements, pop ups and stop web sites from tracking your online activities when using the Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox. So, if you like browse the Web, but you do not like annoying ads and want to protect your system from malicious websites, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
- First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Watch Sports Now, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that may be found on your desktop.
Now your PC system should be free of the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your web browser to Watch Sports Now web site. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popups and intrusive malicious websites) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your personal computer for new browser hijacker infections and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Watch Sports Now from the Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Firefox, then ask for help here here.