Coolinter.com pop-ups are a social engineering attack which is created in order to fool computer users into signing up for its push notifications to send unwanted adverts to your web browser. It will claim that you need to click ‘Allow’ in order to access the content of the webpage, download a file, confirm that you are 18+, watch a video, verify that you are not a robot, connect to the Internet, enable Flash Player, and so on.
Once you click the ‘Allow’, then your internet browser will be configured to display popup adverts in the lower right corner of your desktop. The browser notification spam will promote ‘free’ online games, prize & lottery scams, dubious internet browser plugins, adult web-sites, and fake software as displayed in the figure below.
If you’re receiving spam notifications, you can remove Coolinter.com subscription by going into your internet browser’s settings and completing the Coolinter.com removal steps below. Once you delete notifications subscription, the Coolinter.com popups ads will no longer appear on your screen.
How did you get infected with Coolinter.com pop ups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Coolinter.com from dubious ads or by potentially unwanted applications and adware. Adware is type of malware that displays undesired ads on a system, redirects search requests to advertising web-pages and collects privacy info for marketing purposes. Adware can display banner advertisements, full-screen advertisements, popups, videos, or other varieties of online advertising. Adware can attack your machine’s internet browsers such as the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Maybe you approve the idea that the ads or pop-ups is just a small problem. But these unwanted ads eat computer resources and slow down your machine performance
Many of the free software out there install undesired web browser toolbars, browser hijacker infections, adware and PUPs along with them without your knowledge. One has to be attentive while installing freeware in order to avoid accidentally installing bundled programs. It is important that you pay attention to the EULA (End User License Agreements) and select the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation type as it will typically disclose what third-party applications will also be installed.
|Type||spam notifications ads, popups, pop-up virus, pop up advertisements|
|Distribution||potentially unwanted software, social engineering attack, adware softwares, shady pop up advertisements|
|Removal||Coolinter.com removal guide|
We strongly suggest that you perform the steps below which will allow you to remove Coolinter.com pop up advertisements using the standard features of Windows and some proven free applications.
How to remove Coolinter.com popup advertisements from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There are several steps to deleting the adware software responsible for Coolinter.com ads, because it installs itself so deeply into Windows. You need to uninstall all suspicious and unknown apps, then get rid of harmful extensions from the Chrome, MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer and other web browsers you’ve installed. Finally, you need to reset your browser settings to get rid of any changes the adware has made, and then check your PC system with Zemana Free, MalwareBytes or Hitman Pro to ensure the adware is fully removed. It will take a while.
To remove Coolinter.com pop ups, complete the steps below:
- Manual Coolinter.com pop-up ads removal
- How to automatically remove Coolinter.com advertisements
- How to block Coolinter.com
- To sum up
Manual Coolinter.com pop-up ads removal
In most cases, it’s possible to manually delete Coolinter.com ads. This solution does not involve the use of any tricks or removal tools. You just need to restore the normal settings of the computer and web-browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly delete Coolinter.com pop-up ads, as well as perform a full scan of your computer, we recommend that you use adware removal utilities, which are listed below.
Remove recently installed adware software
Check out the MS Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed programs. We suggest to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of programs by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and dubious programs, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove questionable and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove Coolinter.com notifications from web-browsers
If you’re getting spam notifications from the Coolinter.com or another intrusive web site, you’ll have previously pressed the ‘Allow’ button. Below we will teach you how to turn them off.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Delete the Coolinter.com site and other rogue notifications by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- In the top right corner, find and tap the Chrome menu (three dots).
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Tap on ‘Site settings’ and then ‘Notifications’. In the opened window, locate the Coolinter.com site, other rogue notifications and tap on them one-by-one.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the right upper corner, click the Firefox menu (three bars).
- In the menu go to ‘Options’, in the menu on the left go to ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Permissions’ section and click the ‘Settings’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate Coolinter.com URL, other dubious URLs, click the drop-down menu and select ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down, locate and click ‘Settings’. In the left side select ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Coolinter.com URL and each questionable URL.
- In the right upper corner, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Select the Coolinter.com site and other dubious URLs below and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top left corner and select ‘Preferences’.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Check for Coolinter.com site, other questionable sites and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
Remove Coolinter.com popup ads from Chrome
If your Google Chrome web browser is redirected to unwanted Coolinter.com page, it may be necessary to completely reset your internet browser program to its default settings.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Coolinter.com popups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your internet browser, that installed by an malware.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
Delete Coolinter.com popup advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox internet browser is redirected to Coolinter.com and you want to restore the Firefox settings back to their original state, then you should follow the step-by-step tutorial below. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
Start the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page similar to the one below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the Coolinter.com adware software. After, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
How to automatically remove Coolinter.com advertisements
It is not enough to delete Coolinter.com advertisements from your web-browser by completing the manual steps above to solve all problems. Some the adware software related files may remain on your PC system and they will recover the adware software even after you delete it. For that reason we advise to run free anti malware tool such as Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti Malware and Hitman Pro. Either of those programs should has the ability to search for and remove adware which cause undesired Coolinter.com pop ups.
Run Zemana Anti Malware to delete Coolinter.com pop-ups
Zemana Free is one of the best in its class, it can search for and delete tons of of various security threats, including adware, browser hijackers, spyware and trojans that masqueraded as legitimate computer programs. Also Zemana Anti Malware includes another tool called FRST – is a helpful program for manual removal of files and parts of the Windows registry created by malware.
Visit the following page to download Zemana Free. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the download is finished, launch it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana will try to update itself and when this process is done, click the “Scan” button . Zemana utility will start scanning the whole machine to find out adware that causes multiple undesired popups.
A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC and the speed of your personal computer. While the Zemana tool is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware. In order to remove all items, simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana will remove adware that causes Coolinter.com pop-ups and move threats to the program’s quarantine.
Use HitmanPro to get rid of Coolinter.com pop-up advertisements
If Zemana Free cannot get rid of this adware, then we suggests to run the HitmanPro. Hitman Pro is a free removal utility for browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software, toolbars and adware software that cause pop ups. It’s specially made to work as a second scanner for your computer.
- Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is done, launch the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to start scanning your PC system for the adware related to the Coolinter.com advertisements. Depending on your computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the HitmanPro is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- When HitmanPro completes the scan, a list of all threats detected is produced. Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Scan and free your computer of adware software with MalwareBytes AntiMalware
Manual Coolinter.com ads removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not fully removed. We suggest that run the MalwareBytes that are fully clean your computer of adware software. Moreover, the free program will help you to delete malicious software, PUPs, browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC system can be infected too.
MalwareBytes can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the download is finished, close all programs and windows on your computer. Double-click the setup file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you set up MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) on your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, click Finish button. MalwareBytes Free will automatically start and you can see its main screen like below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your personal computer for the adware software related to the Coolinter.com popups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your PC system. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
Once finished, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will display a scan report. You may delete items (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will start to delete adware that causes multiple unwanted pop-ups. Once the clean-up is complete, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
We advise you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to delete adware, browser hijacker and other malware.
How to block Coolinter.com
Using an ad blocker program such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, adblocker applications will also protect you from malicious ads and web pages, and, of course, block redirection chain to Coolinter.com and similar web-pages.
Please go to the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen like below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is done, you will see a window as shown in the following example.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired ads, block Coolinter.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that may be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the adware that causes multiple undesired pop-ups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up advertisements and unwanted harmful web pages) and Zemana Anti-Malware (to periodically scan your machine for new adwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Coolinter.com popup ads from the Google Chrome, MS Edge, IE and Mozilla Firefox, then ask for help here here.