Notepu.com is a web site which uses social engineering to con you and other unsuspecting victims into signing up for its push notifications that go directly to the desktop or the web-browser. This web site will show the message ‘Click Allow to’ (verify that you are not a robot, confirm that you are 18+, enable Flash Player, connect to the Internet, watch a video, download a file, access the content of the webpage), asking you to subscribe to notifications.
Once you click the ‘Allow’ button, then your web-browser will be configured to display pop-up advertisements in the right bottom corner of the desktop. Push notifications are originally created to alert the user of recently published blog posts. Cybercriminals abuse ‘push notifications’ to avoid antivirus and adblocker apps by presenting unwanted ads. These ads are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit dubious web-sites, install internet browser add-ons & so on.
In order to unsubscribe from Notepu.com push notifications open your web-browser’s settings and perform the Notepu.com removal instructions below. Once you remove Notepu.com subscription, the spam notifications will no longer display on your screen.
Where the Notepu.com pop ups comes from
These Notepu.com popups are caused by suspicious ads on the web pages you visit or adware. Adware is an advertising malicious software. It is created just that: display numerous pop ups and/or annoying adverts using intrusive and at times dangerous ways. Adware can also include other forms of malware. It can steal user info from the personal computer and pass it on to third parties. Adware has also been the basis for hacking to gain access to the machine.
Usually, adware gets into your computer as part of a bundle with freeware, sharing files and other unsafe apps which you downloaded from the Net. The developers of adware software pays software developers for distributing adware within their software. So, third-party applications is often included as part of the installer. In order to avoid the setup of any adware: choose only Manual, Custom or Advanced installation option and reject all bundled apps in which you are unsure.
|spam notifications ads, popup virus, pop ups, pop up advertisements
|adwares, potentially unwanted software, shady pop up ads, social engineering attack
|Notepu.com removal guide
In the step-by-step instructions below, we will explain effective ways on how to free your machine of adware and remove Notepu.com pop-up advertisements from your web-browser.
How to remove Notepu.com ads from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
We can help you get rid of Notepu.com from your web browsers, without the need to take your system to a professional. Simply follow the removal guidance below if you currently have the intrusive adware software on your personal computer and want to get rid of it. If you have any difficulty while trying to get rid of the adware that causes Notepu.com pop up advertisements, feel free to ask for our assist in the comment section below. Certain of the steps will require you to reboot your system or shut down this web-page. So, read this tutorial carefully, then bookmark this page or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Notepu.com pop ups, execute the following steps:
- How to manually get rid of Notepu.com
- How to automatically remove Notepu.com advertisements
- Run AdBlocker to block Notepu.com and stay safe online
- To sum up
How to manually get rid of Notepu.com
Most adware software can be uninstalled manually, without the use of antivirus software or other removal utilities. The manual steps below will help you get rid of Notepu.com popup ads step by step. Although each of the steps is very simple and does not require special knowledge, but you doubt that you can finish them, then use the free utilities, a list of which is given below.
Delete PUPs using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The main cause of Notepu.com pop up advertisements could be potentially unwanted programs, adware software or other undesired programs that you may have accidentally installed on the computer. You need to identify and delete all suspicious software.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the image below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the screen below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of apps installed on your PC system. Most likely, one of them is the adware that causes intrusive Notepu.com popup ads. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious apps by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a dubious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel like below.
After the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as on the image below.
You will see a list of programs installed on your machine. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the apps that were installed last. Most probably, it’s the adware that causes multiple annoying popups. If you are in doubt, you can always check the application by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply press on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ like below.
Remove Notepu.com notifications from web-browsers
If you’ve clicked the “Allow” button in the Notepu.com pop up and gave a notification permission, you should delete this notification permission first from your browser settings. To delete the Notepu.com permission to send browser notification spam to your computer, use the steps below. These steps are for MS Windows, Apple Mac and Android.
- Click on ‘three dots menu’ button at the right upper corner.
- Select ‘Settings’, scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Privacy and Security’ section, click on ‘Site settings’.
- Click on ‘Notifications’.
- Find the Notepu.com URL and delete it by clicking the three vertical dots on the right to the URL and select ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- Tap on the Menu button (three dots) on the top right corner of the Google Chrome window.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Tap on ‘Site settings’ and then ‘Notifications’. In the opened window, locate the Notepu.com URL, other suspicious sites and tap on them one-by-one.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- Click the Menu button (three horizontal stripes) on the top right corner.
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to the ‘Permissions’ section and click the ‘Settings’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- In the opened window, find Notepu.com, other rogue notifications, click the drop-down menu and choose ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top-right corner, click the Edge menu button (three dots).
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Notepu.com URL and each suspicious site.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the top right hand corner.
- Go to ‘Internet Options’ in the menu.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings below ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Locate the Notepu.com and click the ‘Remove’ button to delete the domain.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Find the Notepu.com domain and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
Delete Notepu.com pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by an malware.
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
When the task is complete, press “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s newtab, homepage and search engine by default to default state.
Delete Notepu.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
The Mozilla Firefox reset will delete redirections to annoying Notepu.com web-page, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, run the Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Notepu.com adware. Once, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Notepu.com ads from Google Chrome
If your Google Chrome web-browser is redirected to unwanted Notepu.com page, it may be necessary to completely reset your web browser program to its default settings.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your internet browser’s default search provider, startpage and new tab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
How to automatically remove Notepu.com advertisements
If you are not expert at computer technology, then all your attempts to remove Notepu.com pop up ads by completing the manual steps above might result in failure. To find and remove all of the adware related files and registry entries that keep this adware on your PC system, run free antimalware software such as Zemana, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) and HitmanPro from our list below.
How to remove Notepu.com popup ads with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM)
Zemana is a free malicious software removal tool. Currently, there are two versions of the utility, one of them is free and second is paid (premium). The principle difference between the free and paid version of the utility is real-time protection module. If you just need to check your PC for malware and remove adware software that causes Notepu.com pop up advertisements in your internet browser, then the free version will be enough for you.
Zemana can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the downloading process is complete, close all windows on your computer. Further, launch the install file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up like the one below, press the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” which will allow you install Zemana Free on the PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, Zemana AntiMalware will automatically start and you may see its main window as shown in the figure below.
Next, click the “Scan” button for scanning your computer for the adware that causes Notepu.com advertisements. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your system and the speed of your system. While the Zemana AntiMalware application is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as threat.
Once the system scan is finished, you can check all items detected on your machine. Next, you need to click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will get rid of adware related to the Notepu.com pop ups and move threats to the program’s quarantine. Once that process is done, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
Scan your computer and remove Notepu.com pop up advertisements with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free portable program that scans your personal computer for adware software that cause annoying Notepu.com pop up advertisements, potentially unwanted programs and browser hijacker infections and allows delete them easily. Moreover, it will also help you remove any harmful internet browser extensions and add-ons.
Download Hitman Pro on your computer from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once downloading is finished, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will launch the HitmanPro tool. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to start the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” . Hitman Pro utility will begin scanning the whole computer to find out adware responsible for Notepu.com ads. Depending on your computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
As the scanning ends, HitmanPro will display a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been detected as displayed on the screen below.
Next, you need to click “Next” button. It will open a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will remove adware that causes Notepu.com advertisements and add items to the Quarantine. When finished, the utility may ask you to restart your system.
How to get rid of Notepu.com with MalwareBytes
If you are still having issues with the Notepu.com pop-up advertisements — or just wish to scan your computer occasionally for adware and other malware — download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). It is free for home use, and searches for and removes various undesired apps that attacks your computer or degrades machine performance. MalwareBytes can remove adware, PUPs as well as malware, including ransomware and trojans.
- Download MalwareBytes Free from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- After the downloading process is complete, close all apps and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that causes annoying Notepu.com popup advertisements. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. While the MalwareBytes Free is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- After MalwareBytes completes the scan, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Quarantine Selected”. When the clean up is done, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video offers a steps on how to remove hijacker infections, adware software and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
Run AdBlocker to block Notepu.com and stay safe online
It is important to use ad-blocking applications like AdGuard to protect your personal computer from malicious websites. Most security experts says that it’s okay to block ads. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard may to stop Notepu.com and other intrusive web-sites.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen like below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is done, you will see a window as displayed in the following example.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Notepu.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the adware software that causes Notepu.com popup advertisements. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop up ads and unwanted malicious web pages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malicious software, hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, harmful apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Notepu.com pop ups from your web browser, then ask for help here.