If you find that the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer are being re-directed to the web site called the Fbdomains.com then it could mean that your computer is affected by an obnoxious undesired software from Adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) family.
How does adware work? By definition, adware is a piece of software which presents advertisements on a PC. However, people basically use the word ‘adware’ to describe a part of malicious software that shows unwanted advertisements to the user. In most cases, this kind of adware do not have any uninstall procedures and can use technologies that are similar to those used by malware to penetrate the computer.
Another reason why you need to delete adware is its online data-tracking activity. Adware has the ability to gather your browsing history and sensitive information, including passwords and credit card numbers. In the future, confidential data about you can be sold to third party companies.
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), popups, pop-up advertisements, pop up virus|
|Removal||Fbdomains.com removal guide|
Computer geeks and Myantispyware lab have teamed up to create the few simple steps which help users get rid of Fbdomains.com pop-up redirect for free.
How to Remove Fbdomains.com pop up redirect (Adware virus removal guide)
In order to remove Fbdomains.com pop-up advertisements, start by closing any applications and pop ups that are open. If a pop-up won’t close, then close your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer). If a program won’t close then please reboot your computer. Next, follow the steps below.
To remove Fbdomains.com redirect, complete the following steps:
- How to manually delete Fbdomains.com
- Run free malware removal tools to completely delete Fbdomains.com ads
- Stop Fbdomains.com advertisements
- Finish words
How to manually delete Fbdomains.com
The adware can alter your internet browser settings and redirect you to the web pages which may contain tons of ads or various security threats, like browser hijacker, malicious software or potentially unwanted apps. Not every antivirus program can detect and remove adware software easily from the PC. Follow the steps below and you can delete Fbdomains.com advertisements by yourself.
Remove potentially unwanted programs through the MS Windows Control Panel
The main cause of Fbdomains.com ads could be PUPs, adware software or other undesired applications that you may have unintentionally installed on the machine. You need to identify and remove all suspicious programs.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will display the Windows Control Panel as shown in the figure below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all programs installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any dubious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date in the Control panel.
Remove Fbdomains.com advertisements from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings can help you solve some problems caused by adware software and remove Fbdomains.com pop ups from web browser. This will also disable malicious extensions as well as clear cookies and site data. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Fbdomains.com pop-ups from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer internet browser settings such as search provider, homepage and new tab page had been modified by adware that causes Fbdomains.com redirect in your internet browser, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Delete Fbdomains.com from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
The Firefox reset will get rid of redirects to annoying Fbdomains.com webpage, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox web browser settings to their default values.
Run free malware removal tools to completely delete Fbdomains.com ads
We’ve compiled some of the best adware removing tools that can be used to detect and remove Fbdomains.com pop-up ads , unwanted web browser extensions and potentially unwanted software.
Get rid of Fbdomains.com redirect with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM)
Zemana Anti Malware is extremely fast and ultra light weight malicious software removal utility. It will help you delete Fbdomains.com pop-up advertisements, adware, potentially unwanted software and other malware. This application gives real-time protection which never slow down your PC system. Zemana Free is developed for experienced and beginner computer users. The interface of this tool is very easy to use, simple and minimalist.
Installing the Zemana is simple. First you will need to download Zemana AntiMalware on your Microsoft Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the download is done, close all windows on your PC system. Further, launch the setup file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” which will assist you install Zemana Free on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, Zemana Anti Malware will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown on the image below.
Next, click the “Scan” button . Zemana program will scan through the whole PC system for the adware that causes Fbdomains.com redirect. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) utility is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
After the scan is finished, you may check all threats detected on your system. Next, you need to click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will start to get rid of adware which causes Fbdomains.com advertisements. After that process is done, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system.
Run Hitman Pro to get rid of Fbdomains.com popups
HitmanPro is a free program which created to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted software, hijackers and adware from your computer running Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It will help to identify and remove adware which causes pop-ups, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is complete, launch the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” for scanning your personal computer for the adware software responsible for Fbdomains.com advertisements. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- When Hitman Pro is done scanning your computer, you can check all threats detected on your PC system. In order to delete all threats, simply click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Scan and clean your computer of adware software with MalwareBytes Free
If you are having issues with Fbdomains.com ads removal, then check out MalwareBytes. This is a tool that can help clean up your computer and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
- Please go to the following link to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM). Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button for scanning your PC system for the adware that causes popups. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will locate threats exist on your PC system.
- Once finished, you may check all threats detected on your computer.
- All found threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press the “Quarantine Selected” button. After the clean up is complete, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Fbdomains.com advertisements
Running an ad-blocker application like AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, adblocker software will also protect you from malicious advertisements and web pages, and, of course, stop redirection chain to Fbdomains.com and similar web-sites.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as shown on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick instructions which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Fbdomains.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
Once you have done the step-by-step tutorial above, your machine should be clean from adware that causes popups and other malicious software. The Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge will no longer redirect you to various annoying web pages like Fbdomains.com. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.