Every time, when you surf the Web with your browser the Onclickrev.com web site keeps annoying you? Then most probably that your computer has become a victim of a potentially unwanted program (PUP) from the adware family. The adware can end up on your machine in various ways. Most often is when you download and install freeware and forget to uncheck the box for the third-party apps installation. Do not panic because we’ve got the solution. Here’s a steps on how to delete intrusive Onclickrev.com ads from the Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer and other internet browsers.
While the system is affected by the adware that cause undesired Onclickrev.com ads to appear, when you start the Google Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge or open any page, you may see in your web-browser’s status bar the following messages: ‘Waiting for Onclickrev.com’, ‘Transferring data from Onclickrev.com’, ‘Looking up Onclickrev.com’, ‘Read Onclickrev.com’, ‘Connected to Onclickrev.com’.
The ‘ad supported’ software can change the settings of the Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer, but often that a malicious software like this can also hijack all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time open the internet browser to see the annoying Onclickrev.com web page.
Therefore it is very important to follow the few simple steps below as soon as possible. The steps will assist you to remove adware as well as clean your machine from the Onclickrev.com ads. What is more, the step-by-step instructions below will help you remove other harmful applications such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, that can be installed onto PC system along with the adware.
How to remove Onclickrev.com redirect
The following step-by-step tutorial will help you to get rid of Onclickrev.com pop ups from the Google Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Moreover, the step-by-step guide below will allow you to delete malware, hijackers, PUPs and toolbars that your PC system may be infected. Please do the guide step by step. If you need help or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Certain of the steps below will require you to close this webpage. So, please read the guidance carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Onclickrev.com, complete the following steps:
- How to delete Onclickrev.com advertisements without any software
- Remove suspicious software using MS Windows Control Panel
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Fix internet browser shortcuts, changed by adware
- Delete Onclickrev.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
- Remove Onclickrev.com redirect from Chrome
- Remove Onclickrev.com pop ups from Internet Explorer
- Use free malware removal utilities to completely remove Onclickrev.com redirect
- Run AdBlocker to stop Onclickrev.com and stay safe online
- Where the Onclickrev.com pop ups comes from
- Finish words
How to delete Onclickrev.com advertisements without any software
Most common ad supported software may be deleted without any antivirus software. The manual adware removal is few simple steps that will teach you how to remove the Onclickrev.com advertisements.
Remove suspicious software using MS Windows Control Panel
First of all, check the list of installed software on your PC and remove all unknown and recently installed software. If you see an unknown application with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malware and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal utility like Zemana Anti-malware.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all apps installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ad-supported software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you run your system, it will show Onclickrev.com undesired web page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all harmful tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ apps.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This opens a prompt that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then get rid of this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the unwanted programs, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete like below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious applications. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
Fix internet browser shortcuts, changed by adware
The adware that redirects your browser to intrusive Onclickrev.com page, can hijack various Windows shortcuts on your desktop (most often, all web-browsers shortcut files), so in this step you need to check and clean them by removing the argument like http://site.address/.
Right click on the web browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” which has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Delete Onclickrev.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
If your Mozilla Firefox web-browser is redirected to Onclickrev.com without your permission or an unknown search engine opens results for your search, then it may be time to perform the browser reset.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the adware responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Onclickrev.com website. When, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Onclickrev.com redirect from Chrome
Run the Reset internet browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings such as startpage, default search provider and newtab page to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of web browser redirects to undesired ad pages like Onclickrev.com.
First launch the Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed plugins. If the list has the add-on signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The web browser will display the settings screen. Another method to display the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, like below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box as on the image below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The internet browser will run the task of cleaning. Once it is finished, the web-browser’s settings including new tab page, startpage and default search engine back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Remove Onclickrev.com pop ups from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings like homepage, default search engine and new tab page having been replaced by adware that responsible for browser redirect to the undesired Onclickrev.com website, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then press the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown in the following example.
Once the task is done, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s homepage, newtab page and search provider to default state.
Use free malware removal utilities to completely remove Onclickrev.com redirect
It is not enough to remove Onclickrev.com advertisements from your web-browser by following the manual steps above to solve all problems. Some the ad supported software related files may remain on your PC and they will recover the adware even after you remove it. For that reason we recommend to run free anti-malware tool like Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Free and Hitman Pro. Either of those programs should be able to search for and get rid of adware that designed to redirect your web-browser to various ad web sites such as Onclickrev.com.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to delete Onclickrev.com
Zemana Anti-malware highly recommended, because it can detect security threats such ad supported software and adwares which most ‘classic’ antivirus software fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Onclickrev.com pop-ups removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Anti-malware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Installing the Zemana Free is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Free by clicking on the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- When downloading is done, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, click the “Scan” button to look for adware that causes intrusive Onclickrev.com advertisements. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- After that process is done, you will be shown the list of all detected items on your computer. In order to get rid of all items, simply click “Next”. Once finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system.
Remove Onclickrev.com pop-up advertisements from internet browsers with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a free portable application that scans your machine for ad-supported software that causes annoying Onclickrev.com pop up advertisements, PUPs and hijacker infections and allows delete them easily. Moreover, it will also help you get rid of any malicious internet browser extensions and add-ons.
- HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is done, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to detect ‘ad supported’ software which causes undesired Onclickrev.com advertisements. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine.
- As the scanning ends, Hitman Pro will open you the results. Next, you need to click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Use Malwarebytes to get rid of Onclickrev.com redirect
You can delete Onclickrev.com redirect automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily get rid of browser hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Installing the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Free on your Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When the download is complete, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware that causes annoying Onclickrev.com pop-up advertisements. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) program is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will display you the results. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press “Quarantine Selected”. After that process is done, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
The following video offers a guide on how to delete browser hijacker infections, ad-supported software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Free.
Run AdBlocker to stop Onclickrev.com and stay safe online
If you want to remove unwanted ads, web-browser redirections and pop ups, then install an ad blocking program such as AdGuard. It can stop Onclickrev.com, ads, popups and block pages from tracking your online activities when using the Firefox, IE, MS Edge and Google Chrome. So, if you like browse the Net, but you don’t like intrusive ads and want to protect your computer from malicious sites, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the downloading process is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up advertisements, Onclickrev.com redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Where the Onclickrev.com pop ups comes from
After completing the tutorial outlined above, your system should be clean from this ‘ad supported’ software and other malware. The IE, Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox will no longer show annoying Onclickrev.com web-page when you surf the Internet. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new ad-supported software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Onclickrev.com pop up advertisements.