The appearance of Search.hplayfreemusic.co as your homepage, newtab and search provider means that you’ve an potentially unwanted application (PUA) from the browser hijacker family installed on your personal computer. The hijacker has received widespread in recent days. Many people are faced with the fact that when the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge starts, it will began to open the Search.hplayfreemusic.co instead of the startpage and the option to restore a default web browser settings was locked.
Except that the Search.hplayfreemusic.co makes certain changes to internet browser’s start page and newtab page, it also changes your search engine, which leads to the fact that use of the web-browser’s search becomes uncomfortable. The reason for this is that the search results will consist of lots of ads, links to undesired and ad web pages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from well-known search engines like Google or Bing.
Also, adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) can be installed on the PC together with Search.hplayfreemusic.co hijacker infection. It will insert a lot of advertisements directly to the pages that you view, creating a sense that ads has been added by the makers of the web-page. Moreover, legal ads may be replaced on fake ads that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and malicious software. Moreover, the Search.hplayfreemusic.co browser hijacker has the ability to collect lots of user data that can be later transferred to third parties.
We strongly suggest you to complete the step by step instructions which follow below. We’ll show you how to delete browser hijacker and thus delete Search.hplayfreemusic.co from your Google Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer forever.
Remove Search.hplayfreemusic.co (removal instructions)
As with removing adware, malicious software or potentially unwanted software, there are few steps you can do. We advise trying them all. If you do only one part of the guidance, then it should be use malware removal tool, because it should remove browser hijacker infection and block any further infection. But to completely remove the Search.hplayfreemusic.co you’ll have to at least reset your browser settings such as new tab page, default search engine and homepage to default state, disinfect web-browsers shortcuts, remove all unwanted and suspicious software, and get rid of browser hijacker infection by malicious software removal tools. Some of the steps below will require you to close this web-page. So, please read the guidance carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Search.hplayfreemusic.co, use the following steps:
- Delete Search.hplayfreemusic.co search without any utilities
- Run free malware removal utilities to completely delete Search.hplayfreemusic.co
- Use AdBlocker to block Search.hplayfreemusic.co and stay safe online
- How does your machine get infected with Search.hplayfreemusic.co browser hijacker infection
- Finish words
Delete Search.hplayfreemusic.co search without any utilities
The instructions will help you delete Search.hplayfreemusic.co start page. These Search.hplayfreemusic.co removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Edge, as well as every version of Microsoft Windows operating system.
Delete Search.hplayfreemusic.co related apps through the Control Panel of your computer
First of all, check the list of installed software on your machine and remove all unknown and recently installed programs. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malware and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal tool like Zemana Anti-malware.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the screen below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed in the following example.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown in the following example.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and get rid of all suspicious and unknown apps. We advise to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. Once you’ve found anything dubious that may be the hijacker that responsible for web-browser redirect to the undesired Search.hplayfreemusic.co page or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then choose this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the dubious program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your computer.
Remove Search.hplayfreemusic.co home page from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the browser hijacker, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the internet browser’s search engine, newtab and start page that have been changed by Search.hplayfreemusic.co browser hijacker.
First start the Google Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will display the Google Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the add-on signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The browser will show the settings screen. Another way to show the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will display the confirmation prompt as shown below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The internet browser will run the procedure of cleaning. When it is finished, the web browser’s settings including search provider, startpage and new tab page back to the values which have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your personal computer.
Delete Search.hplayfreemusic.co search from FF
If your Firefox web browser start page has replaced to Search.hplayfreemusic.co without your permission or an unknown search engine shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web-browser reset.
First, run the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed in the following example.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the following example. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Search.hplayfreemusic.co browser hijacker and other web-browser’s malicious plugins. When, it’s complete, press the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Search.hplayfreemusic.co redirect from IE
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button like below.
When the task is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s startpage, new tab and default search engine to default state.
Run free malware removal utilities to completely delete Search.hplayfreemusic.co
The easiest way to get rid of Search.hplayfreemusic.co hijacker is to run an anti-malware program capable of detecting browser hijackers including Search.hplayfreemusic.co. We suggest try Zemana AntiMalware or another free malicious software remover that listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware, browser hijacker infections and other PUPs.
Scan and free your machine of Search.hplayfreemusic.co with Zemana
We suggest you to run the Zemana Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the utility will allow you to remove PUPs, malware, toolbars and ‘ad supported’ software that your system may be infected too.
- Visit the page linked below to download Zemana Free. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your computer. Next, run a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti Malware will launch and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to detect hijacker responsible for Search.hplayfreemusic.co homepage. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC and the speed of your computer. During the scan Zemana AntiMalware will detect threats present on your computer.
- After the checking is finished, Zemana Free will display a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been detected.
- Review the results once the utility has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Next” button. The utility will remove browser hijacker infection responsible for Search.hplayfreemusic.co and move items to the program’s quarantine. When finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Use Malwarebytes to get rid of browser hijacker infection
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer of the hijacker infection. The free utility is an advanced malware removal application made by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti malware technology. It’s able to help you remove hijackers, potentially unwanted software, malicious software, ‘ad supported’ software, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your system for free.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once downloading is complete, close all programs and windows on your machine. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, press the “Scan Now” button to scan for hijacker infection that developed to reroute your internet browser to the Search.hplayfreemusic.co site. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete.
- When the scanning is done, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the scan results and then press “Quarantine Selected”. When the clean-up is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system.
The following video offers a step-by-step guidance on how to get rid of browser hijackers, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
Scan your personal computer and get rid of Search.hplayfreemusic.co with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner cleans your PC system from ad supported software, PUPs, unwanted toolbars, internet browser extensions and other undesired software such as hijacker responsible for redirecting your browser to Search.hplayfreemusic.co page. The free removal utility will help you enjoy your computer to its fullest. AdwCleaner uses the (c) Malwarebytes technology to detect if there are undesired apps in your personal computer. You can review the scan results, and choose the items you want to erase.
- Visit the page linked below to download AdwCleaner. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: February 25, 2021
- Once downloading is done, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is launched, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the hijacker that cause Search.hplayfreemusic.co web site to appear. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the AdwCleaner program is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- Once the system scan is finished, you’ll be opened the list of all detected threats on your machine. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Use AdBlocker to block Search.hplayfreemusic.co and stay safe online
We suggest to install an ad-blocking program which may block Search.hplayfreemusic.co and other annoying web sites. The adblocker utility such as AdGuard is a program which basically removes advertising from the Net and stops access to malicious pages. Moreover, security experts says that using ad-blocker software is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the download is finished, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as displayed on the image below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guide that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block popups, web-sites such as Search.hplayfreemusic.co, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
How does your machine get infected with Search.hplayfreemusic.co browser hijacker infection
Now your PC should be clean of the hijacker responsible for redirections to Search.hplayfreemusic.co. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted ads and undesired harmful web sites) and Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your computer for new hijackers and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Search.hplayfreemusic.co from the Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.