The Roomba-search.com is an intrusive page which installed as your start page with the help of unwanted software from the browser hijacker family. Once started, it’ll modify internet browsers settings. So, every time when you start the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, it’ll always be forced to open Roomba-search.com web site, even as your start page has been set to a completely different web-page. On current date, this hijacker continues to increase the number of PC systems that have been infected.
In addition, the Roomba-search.com browser hijacker can also change the search engine selected in the internet browser. When you try to search on the infected browser, you will be presented with search results, consisting of advertisements and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results for your query. Among these search results may occur links that lead to unwanted and ad sites.
Table of contents
- What is Roomba-search.com
- Roomba-search.com removal guide
- How to delete Roomba-search.com without any software
- Use free malware removal utilities to completely delete Roomba-search.com startpage
- How to stop Roomba-search.com redirect
- How to Roomba-search.com hijacker get installed onto PC
- To sum up
It’s not a good idea to have an unwanted program such as Roomba-search.com hijacker infection on your personal computer. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. The hijacker infection can also be used to collect a wide variety of personal information about you which can be later used for marketing purposes. You don’t know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely do not know what will happen when you click on any ads on the Roomba-search.com web-page.
Most often, the Roomba-search.com browser hijacker affects most common web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge. But such hijacker infections as well can infect other web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of web browser’s shortcut). So every time you run the internet browser, it will open Roomba-search.com web page. Even if you setup your home page again, the intrusive Roomba-search.com site will be the first thing which you see when you run the internet browser.
So, it is very important to free your system of hijacker as quickly as possible. The instructions, which is shown below, will help you to delete Roomba-search.com home page from the Google Chrome, FF, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer and other web browsers.
Roomba-search.com removal guide
The following guidance will help you to remove Roomba-search.com home page from the Chrome, FF, Edge and Internet Explorer. Moreover, the steps below will allow you to delete malware such as PUPs, ad supported software and toolbars that your PC may be infected. Please do the instructions step by step. If you need assist or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Some of the steps will require you to restart your system or exit the site. So, read this tutorial carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
How to delete Roomba-search.com without any software
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Roomba-search.com from the Chrome, FF, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Delete all ad supported software and other PUPs through the MS Windows Control Panel
In order to delete PUPs like this browser hijacker infection, open the Microsoft Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed software. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are ad supported software, hijacker infection or potentially unwanted applications. If yes, uninstall them off. Even if they are just a programs which you do not use, then removing them off will increase your system start up time and speed dramatically.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the image below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel like below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of programs installed on your system. Most likely, one or more of them are responsible for the appearance of pop up advertisements and web browser redirect to the intrusive Roomba-search.com web-page. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious software by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as on the image below.
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as shown below.
You will see a list of software installed on your PC. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the software that were installed last. Most likely they responsibility for the appearance of pop ups and internet browser redirect. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. When the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as on the image below.
Disinfect the web browser’s shortcuts
Now you need to clean up the web-browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the web-browser, and not on any unknown file.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text like “http://site.address” that has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Roomba-search.com from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web-browser start page, new tab page and search engine by default you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your system.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will remove Roomba-search.com browser hijacker, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like newtab page, home page and search provider by default to default state.
Delete Roomba-search.com redirect from Firefox
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser program, including the redirect to Roomba-search.com web-page.
Start the FF and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Roomba-search.com hijacker infection. Once, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
Delete Roomba-search.com startpage from Google Chrome
Run the Reset internet browser tool of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings like startpage, new tab and default search engine to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of browser hijacks such as Roomba-search.com.
- First run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is complete, your web-browser’s home page, new tab page and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Use free malware removal utilities to completely delete Roomba-search.com startpage
The browser hijacker can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and delete completely. This may lead to the fact that after some time, the hijacker infection once again infect your PC and change settings of web browsers to Roomba-search.com. Moreover, I want to note that it is not always safe to remove hijacker manually, if you don’t have much experience in setting up and configuring the Microsoft Windows operating system. The best way to detect and delete browser hijackers is to use free malware removal programs.
Delete Roomba-search.com with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware is a tool that can get rid of ‘ad supported’ software, potentially unwanted applications, browser hijackers and other malicious software from your system easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of computer resources.
- Download Zemana anti-malware (ZAM) by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once the download is complete, close all software and windows on your machine. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, press the “Scan” button for checking your PC for the Roomba-search.com browser hijacker and other browser’s malicious extensions. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. While the utility is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- Once it has finished scanning, you’ll be opened the list of all found threats on your computer. You may move threats to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply press “Next”. Once that process is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your machine.
Use Malwarebytes to delete browser hijacker infection
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to find and remove Roomba-search.com from your computer. When installed and updated, the free malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on the machine.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your personal computer for the hijacker that modifies internet browser settings to replace your start page, new tab page and default search engine with Roomba-search.com web site. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- When that process is done, it’ll display a list of all items found by this tool.
- Review the results once the utility has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When the cleaning procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdwCleaner to get rid of Roomba-search.com from the computer
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can scan your computer for a wide range of security threats like ad supported software, hijackers like Roomba-search.com, PUPs as well as other malware. It will perform a deep scan of your personal computer including hard drives and Windows registry. Once a malicious software is detected, it will help you to remove all detected threats from your PC with a simple click.
- Download AdwCleaner from the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2020
- Select the directory in which you saved it as Desktop, and then click Save.
- After downloading is done, launch the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, press the “Scan” It’ll scan through the whole personal computer for the Roomba-search.com hijacker and other internet browser’s malicious plugins. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the tool is scanning, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- After that process is complete, it’ll display a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. Review the report and then click “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to reboot your personal computer, click “OK”.
The few simple steps shown in detail in the following video.
How to stop Roomba-search.com redirect
It is also critical to protect your browsers from harmful sites and advertisements by using an ad blocking program such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop advertisements, web-sites such Roomba-search.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
How to Roomba-search.com hijacker get installed onto PC
To sum up
Now your PC should be free of the Roomba-search.com redirect. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your computer for new malicious software, browser hijackers and ‘ad supported’ software) and AdGuard (to help you block intrusive pop-up advertisements and malicious web pages). Moreover, to prevent browser hijackers, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to detect PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with Roomba-search.com related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.