If Searchiincognito.com web page has appeared within your internet browser, then most likely that your web-browser has been hijacked by nasty unwanted software from the browser hijacker family. So, it is time to remember what free program have you recently installed to your computer, because the hijacker most often infiltrates computer in a bundle with free or even paid applications as an additional component. Once started, this hijacker infection takes control of internet browsers and makes changes to some web-browser settings such as homepage, newtab and search engine by default with its own.
The Searchiincognito.com hijacker infection takes over your internet browser’s default search provider and controls what will be displayed to you whenever you do a searching. Other than the search results, it also provides lots of annoying ads on the search page. Some of these advertisements created to trick you into buying some questionable products and programs. Moreover, sometimes, those advertisements could reroute you to misleading or harmful web-pages.
Table of contents
- What is Searchiincognito.com
- Remove Searchiincognito.com home page
- Manual Searchiincognito.com redirect removal
- Scan your PC and get rid of Searchiincognito.com with free tools
- Block Searchiincognito.com and other undesired web-sites
- Tips to prevent Searchiincognito.com and other unwanted programs
- To sum up
Some browser hijacker infections also contain adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) which may be used to show unwanted ads and or gather lots of user info that can be used for marketing purposes. These unwanted advertisements may be opened as pop-unders, pop-ups, in-text advertisements, video advertisements, text links or banners or even massive full page ads. Most of the ad-supported software is designed to display ads, but some ‘ad supported’ software is form of spyware that often used to track users to gather a wide variety of personal information about you.
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, some browser hijackers like Searchiincognito.com to also modify all web browsers shortcuts which located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut will try to redirect your web-browser to intrusive sites, certain of which might be harmful. It can make the whole computer more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
Therefore it’s very important to clean your PC system of browser hijacker infection as quickly as possible. Follow the tutorial below to delete Searchiincognito.com , as well as other malware and adware, which can be installed onto your personal computer along with it.
Remove Searchiincognito.com homepage
The answer is right here on this web page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will allow you easily to free your PC of hijacker. Moreover, you can choose manual or automatic removal way. If you’re familiar with the computer then use manual removal, otherwise run the free anti malware tool made specifically to remove hijacker infection such as Searchiincognito.com. Of course, you can combine both methods. Certain of the steps will require you to restart your computer or exit the web page. So, read this guide carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
Manual Searchiincognito.com redirect removal
Most common browser hijackers may be uninstalled without any antivirus software. The manual hijacker removal is article few simple steps that will teach you how to delete the Searchiincognito.com search.
Remove all adware and other PUPs through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
We suggest that you start the PC cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed applications and remove all unknown or suspicious software. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free applications. Remove the unwanted applications can remove the unwanted advertisements or web browser redirect.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as on the image below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown in the figure below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and remove all applications that has the name similar to the page which has been set as your Chrome, FF, IE and MS Edge home page, new tab and search provider by default. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. Once you have found anything suspicious that may be the browser hijacker, ad-supported software or PUPs, then select this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious application blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your computer.
Fix web-browser shortcuts, altered by Searchiincognito.com hijacker
A browser hijacker may hijack various Windows shortcuts on your desktop (most often, all web-browsers shortcuts), so in this step you need to check and clean them by removing the argument like http://site.address/.
Right click on the web browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge.
Get rid of Searchiincognito.com search from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web browser settings such as new tab, homepage and search provider by default having been hijacked, then you may return your settings, via the reset internet browser process.
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Searchiincognito.com search from FF
Run the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Searchiincognito.com browser hijacker infection. Once, it is done, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Searchiincognito.com home page from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the web browser new tab page, startpage and search provider by default that have been replaced by the Searchiincognito.com hijacker.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is complete, your web browser’s homepage, new tab and default search engine will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Scan your PC and get rid of Searchiincognito.com with free tools
After completing the manual removal instructions above all unwanted applications and internet browser’s extensions that causes web-browser redirects to the Searchiincognito.com web-site should be removed. If the problem with Searchiincognito.com hijacker is still remained, then we recommend to scan your computer for any remaining malicious components. Use recommended free hijacker infection removal applications below.
Scan and clean your machine of Searchiincognito.com with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware is a tool that can remove adware, potentially unwanted applications, hijackers and other malicious software from your machine easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of personal computer resources.
- Please download Zemana anti malware to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana anti-malware onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the anti malware will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your computer for the hijacker that reroutes your web-browser to the Searchiincognito.com undesired site. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- Once the scanning is complete, it will display a scan report.
- When you are ready, press the “Next” button to start cleaning your computer. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Run Malwarebytes to delete Searchiincognito.com redirect
You can delete Searchiincognito.com home page automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malicious software removal tool because it can easily get rid of browser hijacker infections, adware, potentially unwanted applications and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download Malwarebytes Free by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the download is done, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Malwarebytes will try to update itself and when this task is finished, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Searchiincognito.com browser hijacker infection . Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan it will detect all threats exist on your machine. Next, you need to press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes is a free program that you can use to get rid of all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the step-by-step guide or the video guide below.
If the problem with Searchiincognito.com search is still remained
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and run to delete browser hijacker infections, adware, malware, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your computer. You may run this tool to find threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 3, 2020
- Select the directory in which you saved it as Desktop, and then click Save.
- After the download is finished, run the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” to perform a system scan with this tool for the Searchiincognito.com browser hijacker and web browser’s malicious add ons. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- As the scanning ends, it’ll display a list of all items found by this tool. Review the scan results and then press “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your PC system, press “OK”.
The tutorial shown in detail in the following video.
Block Searchiincognito.com and other undesired web-sites
Use adblocker program like AdGuard in order to block ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your PC system performance and impact your machine security. Browse the Internet anonymously and stay safe online!
Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the downloading process is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is done, you will see a window like below.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop up advertisements, web pages such Searchiincognito.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which may be found on your desktop.
Tips to prevent Searchiincognito.com and other unwanted programs
Usually, Searchiincognito.com browser hijacker gets into your PC as part of a bundle with free programs, sharing files and other unsafe programs that you downloaded from the Net. The developers of this browser hijacker pays software creators for distributing Searchiincognito.com hijacker within their applications. So, optional programs is often included as part of the installer. In order to avoid the install of any browser hijackers such as Searchiincognito.com: choose only Manual, Custom or Advanced setup method and uncheck all optional applications in which you are unsure.
To sum up
After completing the tutorial shown above, your computer should be clean from malware and browser hijackers. The Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer will no longer display Searchiincognito.com undesired homepage on startup. Unfortunately, if the guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the system scan is finished, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the intrusive Searchiincognito.com search.