If you’re reading this post, it means that you are seeing the gekkmopedo.com unknown web-page or your web-browser began opening a lot of of pop-up windows that load advertisements or other advertising pages. All of these problems with your PC caused by an adware, which is often installs on the PC with the freeware. You probably want to know how to get rid of this adware and remove gekkmopedo.com advertisements as well as to restore your startpage. In the step-by-step instructions below we will tell you about how to solve your problems.
The malicious applications from the adware family that modifies the settings of browsers usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software may change the Target property of a browser’s shortcut, so every time you open the internet browser, instead of your homepage, you will see the annoying gekkmopedo.com advertising links.
The adware is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, changes web-browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ad supported software can install additional web-browser extensions, addons and modules that will inject ads within the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge’s screen. Moreover, the adware may install a browser hijacker that once started, will modify the internet browser’s home page and search engine. And finally, the ad supported software can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web-sites you are opening, what you are looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
So, obviously, you need to remove the adware as soon as possible. Use the free guide below. This guide will help you clean your system and uninstall the gekkmopedo.com annoying advertising links.
How does gekkmopedo.com ads get installed onto computer
Most commonly, the ad supported software is bundled within the installation packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a free programs is a a good chance that you will find some bundled adware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During installation, choose the Custom or Advanced installation option. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install an unknown software. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any applications or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted software on your system like this adware that redirect the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge onto the unwanted gekkmopedo.com site.
How to manually remove gekkmopedo.com redirect
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove gekkmopedo.com ads from the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete gekkmopedo.com redirect
- Remove gekkmopedo.com redirect from Chrome
- Uninstall gekkmopedo.com ads from Firefox
- Remove gekkmopedo.com from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the system cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free applications at its installation additionally set various unneeded programs that most often generate annoying advertising banners and redirect your browser to gekkmopedo.com web page. So, remove the unneeded applications may cleanup your browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete gekkmopedo.com redirect
Once installed, the adware may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open the gekkmopedo.com unwanted web-site.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge.
Remove gekkmopedo.com redirect from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus remove the redirect to gekkmopedo.com unwanted ads which is caused by the adware.
Start the Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter. The web-browser will display the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the internet browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your personal computer.
Uninstall gekkmopedo.com ads from Firefox
Open the Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove gekkmopedo.com from Microsoft Internet Explorer
To get rid of the gekkmopedo.com ads you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your PC system.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It shows the drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the IE. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your web-browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
Remove gekkmopedo.com automatically
You can get rid of gekkmopedo.com popup ads automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free. We recommend this free malware removal tool because it can easily remove adware, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Use the link below to download MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free on your computer. Save it on your desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the downloading process is complete, close all windows on your PC. Further, launch the file named mbam-setup. When a “Security warning” prompt pops up like below, press the Run button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” screen that will assist you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is finished successfully, click Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Anti-malware will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your computer for the adware that cause a redirect to gekkmopedo.com. When a threat is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished. Please be patient.
As the scanning ends, you can check all threats detected on your PC. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will begin removing gekkmopedo.com ads and other security threats. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart. I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the Anti-malware to get rid of ad supported software and other malicious software.
How to stop gekkmopedo.com pop-up ads
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying advertisements and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious ads and web sites. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, gekkmopedo.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with gekkmopedo.com advertisements is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the gekkmopedo.com , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2020
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that generates the gekkmopedo.com ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for gekkmopedo.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the unwanted gekkmopedo.com redirect.