The odownloadmanager.com is a ad-supported site which pops up on computer that’s infected with adware. The adware is one of the most annoying type of malware floating around the Internet: an attack generates lots of annoying ads within a user browser’s screen. A lot of people have fallen victim to these kinds of attacks, looking the World Wide Web in hopes of finding instructions on how to get rid of annoying advertisements. Now, computer geeks and Myantispyware lab have teamed up to create a free guide that help users remove odownloadmanager.com redirect for free.
The ad supported software usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge by changing the browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the PC for browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you start the web-browser, you will see an unwanted odownloadmanager.com page.
The ad supported software is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, changes web-browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ad supported software can install additional internet browser extensions, addons and modules that will inject advertising links within the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge’s screen. Moreover, the adware may install a browser hijacker that once started, will modify the browser’s homepage and search engine. And finally, the adware can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web-sites you are opening, what you are looking for the Net and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your system from the ad supported software infection and remove odownloadmanager.com annoying ads from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge and other browsers.
How does odownloadmanager.com ads get installed onto computer
Disregarding the basic computer security practices such as no antivirus software installed, installation of unknown software and free programs which may be bundled with adware, as well as computer virus infection are the possible causes of a huge number of advertising links within the screen of the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Moreover, random visits to an unknown and untrusted sites, when you click on the search results from Google (Yahoo, Bing) or links on the Internet, when the system is not protected with a program that may block access to malicious sites, it can also lead to the fact that instead of your homepage, the browser will be redirected to odownloadmanager.com or other advertising web pages.
How to manually remove odownloadmanager.com ads
Without a doubt, the adware is harmful to your system. So you need to quickly and completely uninstall this malicious software. To remove this adware, you can use the manual removal which are given below, or use an anti-malware tool for removing dangerous software, such as Malwarebytes Anti-malware and AdwCleaner (both are free). I note that we recommend that you use automatic removal, which will allow you to delete odownloadmanager.com easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in personal computer or in the case where adware is not removed automatically.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of odownloadmanager.com redirect
- Remove odownloadmanager.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Remove odownloadmanager.com popup ads from Firefox
- Remove odownloadmanager.com redirect from IE
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the PC system cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free programs at its installation additionally set various unneeded applications that most often generate unwanted advertising banners and redirect your browser to odownloadmanager.com web-site. So, remove the unneeded software may cleanup your browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and get rid of suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of odownloadmanager.com redirect
Now you need to clean up the browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file. Right click to a desktop shortcut for your web-browser. Choose the “Properties” option.
It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The adware can replace it. If you are seeing something like “…exe http://web.site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the internet browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example on the screen below. Once is done, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for web-browser shortcuts which redirects to an unwanted web-pages. When you have completed, go to next step.
Remove odownloadmanager.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to get rid of the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s settings that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage, new tab page and search engine by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove odownloadmanager.com popup ads from Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the ad supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto odownloadmanager.com ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to open the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will display the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove odownloadmanager.com redirect from IE
Run Internet Explorer, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the odownloadmanager.com annoying web site.
Remove odownloadmanager.com popup ads automatically
You can remove odownloadmanager.com ads automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free. We recommend this free malware removal tool because it can easily get rid of ad supported software, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Use the link below to download MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free on your computer. Save it on your desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the downloading process is finished, close all windows on your PC. Further, start the file named mbam-setup. When a “Security warning” prompt pops up as shown in the figure below, click the Run button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” screen that will assist you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, click Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Anti-malware will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your computer for the adware that cause a redirect to odownloadmanager.com. When a threat is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished. Please be patient.
As the scanning ends, you can check all threats detected on your PC. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will begin removing odownloadmanager.com pop-up ads and other security threats. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart. I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the Anti-malware to remove ad supported software and other malicious software.
Block odownloadmanager.com advertisements and other unwanted sites
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying ads and malicious sites, you need to use program that blocks access to dangerous advertisements and pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such odownloadmanager.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with odownloadmanager.com is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the odownloadmanager.com , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the odownloadmanager.com ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for odownloadmanager.com redirect removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying odownloadmanager.com redirect.