The very appearance yourvotescount.com pop-up ads is a classic sign of adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) which installed on your system. Moreover, the ad supported software can lead to the web-browser freezing/crash, delays when starting a new browser window or delays when viewing a web-site on the Internet. I think you definitely want to solve this problem. For this purpose, necessity to perform cleanup of your PC. Use the step-by-step guide below that will allow you to get rid of yourvotescount.com ads and clean your system from the adware using the standard features of Windows and some proven free applications.
The malicious programs from the ad supported software family that modifies the settings of web-browsers usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a internet browser’s shortcut, so every time you launch the web-browser, instead of your home page, you will see the unwanted yourvotescount.com advertisements.
The ad supported software is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, changes web-browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ad supported software can install additional internet browser extensions, addons and modules that will inject advertising links within the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge’s screen. Moreover, the adware may install a browser hijacker that once started, will modify the browser’s homepage and search engine. And finally, the adware can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what pages you are opening, what you are looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
We recommend to remove the adware, which redirects your browser on the yourvotescount.com annoying web-site, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other dangerous software on your computer.
How does yourvotescount.com ads get installed onto system
Disregarding the basic computer security practices such as no antivirus software installed, installation of unknown software and free programs which may be bundled with ad supported software, as well as computer virus infection are the possible causes of a ton of advertising links within the screen of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. Moreover, random visits to an unknown and untrusted sites, when you click on the search results from Google (Yahoo, Bing) or links on the Internet, when the system is not protected with a program that may block access to malicious sites, it can also lead to the fact that instead of your home page, the browser will be redirected to yourvotescount.com or other advertising web pages.
How to manually remove yourvotescount.com ads
The simple answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will allow you easily to clean your personal computer of adware. Moreover, you can choose manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the PC system then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware tool designed specifically to remove adware that causes unwanted yourvotescount.com . Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your browser or reboot your computer.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove yourvotescount.com redirect
- Get rid of yourvotescount.com ads in Chrome
- Remove yourvotescount.com advertisements from Firefox
- Get rid of yourvotescount.com pop-up ads in Internet Explorer
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove yourvotescount.com redirect
Once installed, the adware may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will display the yourvotescount.com annoying web-site.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all web-browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Get rid of yourvotescount.com ads in Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s settings that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your web-browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your start page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove yourvotescount.com advertisements from Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto yourvotescount.com advertising.
Run the Firefox and press button to open the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will display the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Get rid of yourvotescount.com pop-up ads in Internet Explorer
Run Internet Explorer, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the yourvotescount.com unwanted web-page.
How to delete yourvotescount.com popup ads automatically
We recommend using the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free. You can download and install MalwareBytes Anti-malware to detect yourvotescount.com threat and remove it, by clicking the download link below. When installed and updated, the Anti-malware will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the PC.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
Once installed, the MalwareBytes Anti-malware will try to update itself and when this task is done, click “Scan Now” button to perform a scan of your computer. During the scan it will detect all threats present on your computer. In order to remove all threats, simply click “Remove Selected” button. The Anti-malware is a free software that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about the MalwareBytes Anti-malware, we recommend you to read and follow the guide or the video guide below.
How to stop yourvotescount.com ads
To increase your security and protect your PC against new unwanted advertising banners and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious ads and sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, yourvotescount.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove yourvotescount.com pop-up ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot get rid of the annoying yourvotescount.com advertisements within the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2019
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the ad supported software which opens the ads from yourvotescount.com page. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your system.
When your personal computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for yourvotescount.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the unwanted yourvotescount.com .