Ultra Antivir2009 is a rogue antispyware program, brother of the rogue antispyware programs named Virus Alert, Virus Melt and Virus Doctor. The rogue uses fake alerts and false positives to trick you into buying the rogue and usually installed itself onto your computer without your permission, through the use trojans.
During installation, Ultra Antivir2009 configures itself to run automatically every time, when you start your computer. Once running, it will scan your computer and reports false or exaggerated system security threats on the computer that cannot be removed unless you first purchase the software. In addition the program creates a few files. These files during the scan will determine as trojans and spyware.
Ultra Antivir2009 can be safely removed from your computer along with any other trojan infections if the proper steps are taken. If you are a non-techie computer user then this method of removing the rogue is for you.
Symptoms in a HijackThis Log
O4 – HKCU\..\Run: [Ultra Antivir2009] “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\a106c30\UA2009.exe” /s /d
Use the following instructions to remove Ultra Antivir2009 (Uninstall instructions)
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM). Close all programs and Windows on your computer.
- Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select “Perform Quick Scan”, then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
Note: if you need help with the instructions, then post your questions in our Spyware Removal forum.
Ultra Antivir2009 creates the following files and folders
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\a106c30
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\a106c30\UA2009.exe
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\a106c30\SystemStore
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\a106c30\SystemStore\vd952342.bd
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SystemStore
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SystemStore\uavir.cfg
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Ultra Antivir2009.lnk
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Ultra Antivir2009
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Ultra Antivir2009\Instructions.ini
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Ultra Antivir2009.lnk
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Ultra Antivir2009.lnk