Virus Alert is a rogue antispyware program, brother of the rogue antispyware programs named Virus Melt and Virus Doctor. Virus Alert uses fake alerts and false positives to trick you into buying the rogue. It usually installed itself onto your computer without your permission, through the use trojans.
When installed, Virus Alert configures itself to run automatically every time, when you start your computer. Once running, it will scan your computer and reports false or exaggerated system security threats on the computer that cannot be removed unless you first purchase the software. Running of Virus Alert may drastically slow the performance of your computer. Use the free instructions below to remove Virus Alert and any associated malware from your computer.
Use the following instructions to remove Virus Alert
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM). Close all programs and Windows on your computer.
- Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select “Perform Quick Scan”, then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
Note: if you need help with the instructions, then post your questions in our Spyware Removal forum.