SDFix is a program written by AndyManchesta that removes big amount trojans, worms, rootkits and other malwares. Click here for view a list of files that can be removed.
How to use SDFix.
Unfortunately at the moment SDFix is unavailable for download, as the author no longer support it, and removed from the Internet. I suggest you use the following two free programs:
1. Download SDFix.
Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.
- Site 1(andymanchesta.com)
- Site 2(bleepingcomputer.com)
2. Install SDFix.
Double-click on the SDFix. If a “Security Warning window opens”, click on the Run button.
Follow the prompts.
3. Reboot your computer in to Safe mode.
- Restart your computer.
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.
- Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
4. Run SDFix.
- Click Start -> Run.
- Type the following text in type box:
- Press Enter or OK button.
- When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
Questions and answers.
If this error message “The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator. Press any key to continue . . ” is displayed when running SDFix.
Please goto Start Menu > Run > then copy and paste the following line: %systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\swreg IMPORT %systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\Enable_Command_Prompt.reg
Press OK then run SDFix again
If the Command Prompt window flashes on then off again on XP or Windows2000.
Please goto Start Menu > Run > then copy and paste the following line: %systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\FixPath.exe /Q Reboot and then run SDFix again
If SDFix still doesnt run check the %comspec% variable.
Goto Start Menu > Right click My Computer > click properties > click Advanced Click Environment Variables and check that the ComSpec variable points to cmd.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe