SDFix free trojan remover tool

SDFix is a program written by AndyManchesta that removes big amount trojans, worms, rootkits and other malwares Click here for view a list of files that can be removed.

How to use SDFix.

1. Download SDFix.
Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

2. Install SDFix.
Double-click on the SDFix. If a “Security Warning window opens”, click on the Run button.

3. Reboot your computer in to Safe mode.

• Restart your computer.
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

4. Run SDFix.

• Click Start -> Run.
  • Type the following text in type box: %systemdrive%\SDFix\RunThis.bat
  • Press Enter or OK button.
  • When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Questions and answers.

If this error message “The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator. Press any key to continue . . ” is displayed when running SDFix.

Please goto Start Menu > Run > then copy and paste the following line: %systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\swreg IMPORT %systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\Enable_Command_Prompt.reg
Press OK then run SDFix again

If the Command Prompt window flashes on then off again on XP or Windows2000.

Please goto Start Menu > Run > then copy and paste the following line: %systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\FixPath.exe /Q Reboot and then run SDFix again

If SDFix still doesnt run check the %comspec% variable.

Goto Start Menu > Right click My Computer > click properties > click Advanced Click Environment Variables and check that the ComSpec variable points to cmd.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe

If you are still having problems, then I would recommend that you follow the instructions and post your logs in the spyware removal forum. I will help you.

November 9, 2007 on 4:16 am | In Best Programs, Free Software | 147 Comments |

1. I love SDFIX as a registry and trojan fixing tool.

Comment by Amaechi — December 6, 2007 #

2. thanks

Comment by a — January 8, 2008 #

3. thank you for the my anti spyware for poviding the download of SDFix.

Comment by kalyan — January 12, 2008 #

4. I have to say that SDFix has saved my butt so many times. I just used it today, probably for the millionth time and the client was but most happy.

THANK YOU!!

Comment by Monchster — February 14, 2008 #

5. i just used the SDFix. Run it under safe mode. it finished and restarted but after the windows came out, black/blank screen comes next and no more activity…what happened?

Comment by Levi Umali — February 19, 2008 #

6. Probably spyware damaged your system files

Comment by Patrik — February 24, 2008 #

7. Thanks very much been having problems removing this Trojan ********* for weeks, no gone , thanks very much indeed

Comment by Martin — March 9, 2008 #

8. thanks for this

Comment by Piyush — March 15, 2008 #

9. probably i couldn’t get thru first time

Comment by Piyush — March 15, 2008 #

10. i want to remove braviax spyware

Comment by meharoof — March 15, 2008 #

11. Meharoof, if you are still having problems with braviax spyware after using sdfix, then please open a new topic in the Myantispyware Forum.

Comment by Patrik — March 16, 2008 #

12. Wow SDFix saved my computer from two virsus i had, but im relieved that this program worked. Thanks :)

Comment by Gerardo — March 18, 2008 #

13. Thanks

Comment by Tamer — March 28, 2008 #

14. help please
    the cleaner does not run for me…. i dont know wither im doing it right or wrong
    help please =(
    this infection/virus doing my head in
    =D

Comment by Pazz — March 29, 2008 #

15. it fixed my pc but then it haven’t restored it the way before. whenenevr i click my hard drive it still display this message “could not find SSCVIIHOST.exe”. anyone got idea about this? thnks

Comment by dare — March 30, 2008 #

16. 2 dare,
    you have autorun infection and should remove autorun.inf from your drives. Download and run Combofix for it.

Comment by Patrik — March 30, 2008 #

17. 2 Pazz, make a new topic at Spyware help forum with details of your problem.

Comment by Patrik — March 30, 2008 #

18. Backdooor.Rustock.Gen, 208.72.169.54, mx.terra.es and others bothered me several days. Not Spyware Doctor, not Spybot – Search & Destroy, not Windows Defender, only SDfix could help! Thanks a lot!

Comment by Walter — May 20, 2008 #

19. I try to run SDFix but get a IPC error back. Any idea how I can overcome this?

Thanks a lot!

Comment by Antoine Jansen — July 8, 2008 #

20. your tool is good , Right now have an new virus that is dungcoi virus , pls help me how to cleAN IT

rEGRDS
    bHARANI

Comment by bharani — July 9, 2008 #

21. If you are still having problems, after using SDFix, then I would recommend that you follow the instructions and post your logs in the spyware removal forum. I will help you.

Comment by Patrik — July 9, 2008 #

22. My Shell.exe in Location C:\ has a trojan, will this program be able to fix it??

Comment by Lorz Geptun — August 3, 2008 #

23. Try it, should work.

Comment by Patrik — August 4, 2008 #

24. kk, thanks :D

Comment by Lorz Geptun — August 4, 2008 #

25. this is very useful software for removing ccghost error in xp thanku very much iuse it so many time

Comment by gmeena — August 5, 2008 #

26. is good

Comment by Angel — August 8, 2008 #

27. I had use sdfix to fix virus problems of my clients. But latetly, it is deleteing Trendmicro products. It is noted in the generated report that the trendmicro folder is a trojan. Have you encountered this kind of Problem. By the way, trendmicro is an Antivirus software.

Comment by EricB — August 14, 2008 #

28. 2 EricB, its strange. Pls open a new topic at My Antispyware Forum and post a sdfix log.

Comment by Patrik — August 15, 2008 #

29. I cannot provide you the log because the client’s PC is already fixed.

Comment by EricB — August 15, 2008 #

30. works very well to be honest I’d given up on removing braviax.exe cannot thank you enough

Comment by dazling — August 20, 2008 #

31. thx to use sd fix

Comment by samrh — August 22, 2008 #

32. I tried to install SD Fix but keep getting this error telling me to download a fresh copy of the install file. However I’ve tried downloading from various websites and keep getting the same error.

CRC failed in SDFix\catchme.exe

Comment by SaadS — September 2, 2008 #

33. Try to download SDfix later, also you can to try Combofix (very good tool).

Comment by Patrik — September 2, 2008 #

34. Same issue. I downloaded and when I tried to install I get this error.

CRC failed in SDFix\\catchme.exe

Does this error mean this fix no longer works?

Also this virus is blocking bleepingcomputer.com so I am unable to download combofix

Comment by Nate — September 4, 2008 #

35. Just checked SDFix installer, works fine. Try:
    1. Disable antivirus before start SDFix.
    2. Rename SDFix.exe to s123.exe, for example, and run again.

Comment by Patrik — September 4, 2008 #

36. Where should it be downloaded from?

I tried to download it from

Comment by Nate — September 4, 2008 #

37. i`ve used direct link from current article (http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.exe).
    Try to use WinRar for extract SDFix files (don`t click sdfix.exe for install):
    1. Download WinRar
    2. Run the file for install.
    3. Download fresh version of SDfix.
    4. Click right button to SDFix.exe
    5. Choose Extract to (Extrack files to C:\SDFix)
    6. Reboot your PC in Safe Mode

1. Restart your computer
    2. After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
    3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
    4. Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

7. Click Start -> Run, in the type box enter: c:\sdfix\runthis.bat
    8. Press Enter

Comment by Patrik — September 4, 2008 #

38. great

Comment by bert — September 8, 2008 #

39. I have been infected with braviax.
    My computer is rebooting all the time so I cannot install SDFix in windows.

Can I install it in Safe Mode as well?

please….
    thanks

Comment by maya — September 10, 2008 #

40. yes.

Comment by Patrik — September 10, 2008 #

41. please help!
    Download SDfix ,but do not running, how to do about this problem?

Comment by ywl — September 11, 2008 #

42. please!
    And download combofix ,the same problem appeared,why ?

Comment by ywl — September 11, 2008 #

43. Looks like spyware blocked it, try to rename files.

Comment by Patrik — September 11, 2008 #

44. thanks,my problem has solutioned,you are a good man.

Comment by ywl — September 12, 2008 #

45. This piece of software really saved the day. My lovely young sister infected my pc with some game.
    No anti-virus tool worked, only SDfix did the job.

Comment by Jaques Vandregos — September 16, 2008 #

46. getting “broken Link” please help …

Comment by sam — September 18, 2008 #

47. Sam, just checked link, it`s ok.

Comment by Patrik — September 19, 2008 #

48. SDFix is very good tool for removing Fixweb.exe

Comment by dev — September 24, 2008 #

49. thanks for the tool.
    had got the smart antivirus from some website and now i can\’t see my C drive and dvd drive any where. just ran the SDFix tool, but still the same…!

any other ways of getting rid of this????

please help

Comment by pady — September 29, 2008 #

50. If you are still having problems with your PC, after using SDFix, then I would recommend that you follow the instructions and post your logs in the spyware removal forum. Myantispyware team will help you.

Comment by Patrik — September 29, 2008 #

51. cool

Comment by Himanshu — October 3, 2008 #

52. This helped me out again. The computer I was helping with was in really bad shape and would not allow me to install Spybot, AD-Aware or or SDFix so I had to download, install and run WinRAR in safe mode (under administrator account). It was only then that I was able to extract SDFix and run it while I was in safe mode then boot back into safe mode under the same administrator account and allow the program to finish. Afterwards I followed the remaining instructions from this log and installed, updated and ran Spybot and Ad-Aware. Thanks againg for the posts.

Comment by Jessica Tucker — October 16, 2008 #

53. Hi

I cannot open the drives after selecting “My computer”.After dbl click on the drive icon, it generates “open with” msg and to select the desired program..I suspect virus activity and ran many programs at last tried SDfix..but no luck..Pls help……….

Comment by Charu — October 22, 2008 #

54. Charu, looks like you infected with autorun.inf trojan. Read the instruction .

Comment by Patrik — October 22, 2008 #

55. When i execute SDfix it stalls and states:

can not load VDM IPX/SPX supoort and then the cursor just blinks on the next line.

Comment by Amit Bhasin — October 27, 2008 #

56. Amit, please read the instruction.

Comment by Patrik — October 27, 2008 #

57. Thank you Patrick!!!It worked!!!!!!

Comment by Charu — October 29, 2008 #

58. i cant download this sdfix. every time i click on the link you guys posted. a page comes up that page not to be found.???

Comment by Jari — November 17, 2008 #

59. Jari, try reboot your PC in the Safe mode with networking.

1. Restart your computer
    3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
    4. Select the “Safe mode with networking” option, to run Windows in Safe Mode with networking.

Try download SDFix again.

Comment by Patrik — November 17, 2008 #

60. i installed sdfix and solved my problem. now my question is can i uninstall sdfix now?

Comment by daya — November 29, 2008 #

61. i need this tool

Comment by krisdgg — December 11, 2008 #

62. My laptop is completely locked down by a vundo virus. I tried to downlaod SDFix from the link provided onto a different machine, but my virus checker says ‘Auto protect blocked W32.Spybot.Worm.’ What are the facts here? Is it safe to download if I disable virus protection temporarily? I’m paranoid about downloading anything that gives this sort of message at the moment.

Comment by Martin Davies — December 21, 2008 #

63. SDFix is good program and of course, it`s not virus.
    But if your computer is infected with trojan.vundo, then read the instructions: How to remove trojan.vundo.

Comment by Patrik — December 22, 2008 #

64. I ran SDFix, but it seems to not be finishing out. It got as far as the reboot and the final run, but 1 1/2 days later, it still has the “Finishing malware detection Please be patient this could take a few minutes” screen. What’s wrong?? Am I missing something here? What do I have to do to get it to run all the way through? And how do I get rid of SDFix once I’m done with it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

tekktronic

Comment by tekktronic — December 28, 2008 #

65. Please reboot your computer manually, after that, follow these instructions.

Comment by Patrik — December 29, 2008 #

66. Hi – my husband is unable to open symantec/norton due to a trojan/virus/malware (sorry complete novice at tyring to fix PC problems). Other website are fine. I am trying to download SDfix but am not able to, presumably for the same reason – can anybody help. Could I download it on mine onto a disc and then open it up on his PC?

Comment by AliceF — January 19, 2009 #

67. Could I download it on mine onto a disc and then open it up on his PC?
    Yes, you can try it

Comment by Patrik — January 21, 2009 #

68. SDFix is an exellent tool. It has worked for me for the last six months is resolving severe trojan problems on clients computers. It requires patience, but it does the job well.

Comment by Mvotraders — January 25, 2009 #

69. hiPatrik,
    Could SDFix fix my problem? well ive been tryin to install softwares and now antimalwares but at first they dont insatll. now they dont complete the installation, it says the files are corrupted. i was able to install regcure but well i need a freeware to fix my bugs. please help me, thnx.. additional observation, music player in ym or any music from websites are broken. its been days. thnx.

Comment by angelaA — January 28, 2009 #

70. follow-up:
    i dlded SDfix anf tried installing. once again it won’t. It says some files are corrupted or incomplete. PLs HELP me..thnx

Comment by angelaA — January 28, 2009 #

71. Probobaly the problem is result of malware activity.
    Please follow these steps.

Comment by Patrik — January 28, 2009 #

72. already did under the name anj3la…thnx=]

Comment by angelaA — January 29, 2009 #

73. just finished using sdfix worked great removed 3 trojans that windows one step care could not third time i have used sdfix great tool

Comment by falseflag — February 17, 2009 #

My neighour’s laptop with xp sp3; strange behavior (spyware?) after 1/2 year without virus protection. Ran Spyware Doctor, it removed lots of spyware, problems stay. Mbam neither sdfix.exe does start its installation in normal mode or in safe mode.
    I ran out of ideas. Can you give some advise?

Comment by Jan — February 22, 2009 #

75. Can’t run SDFix because RunThis.bat doesn’t download with SDFix!!!! How can I get RunThis.bat?

Comment by R. Lous — March 23, 2009 #

76. Probably your system drive is not C, use the command: %systemdrive%\SDFix\RunThis.bat for run SDFix

Comment by Patrik — March 23, 2009 #

77. I need help. I did everything according to the instructions written in this website, but SDFix won\’t start at all after typing %systemdrive… on the Run. It says: “C:\SDFix refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is poperly inserted….” What could I be doing that might be wrong?
    By the way, I am trying to eliminate Packed.Generic.200 virus. Is this the right tool? Thanks.

Comment by Magni — March 31, 2009 #

78. Magni, please follow these steps.

Comment by Patrik — April 1, 2009 #

79. OK, I am only able to do the first two initial steps in the “How to use Spyware Removal Forum – MUST READ”. I was able to download/save the HijackThis installer onto my desktop. But when I double-clicked it, it didn’t install the program. No HijackThis icon was created, and thus I was unable to do a system scan and save a logfile. Perhaps the virus (or viruses) is (are) preventing me from installing HijackThis. What do I do next?

Comment by Magni — April 1, 2009 #

80. Magni, try rename hijackthis installer to “myapp” (for example) and run it again.

Comment by Patrik — April 1, 2009 #

81. thanks

Comment by Rozh — April 3, 2009 #

82. Help me.my IE and Mozilla firefox canno search in google and some web site.SDfix can fix it?

Comment by NeedHelpZz — April 8, 2009 #

83. Try it, also you can ask us for help at our forums.

Comment by Patrik — April 8, 2009 #

84. Is SDfix still being updated?

the current version is dated 6th November.

over 6 months ago

Comment by bob — April 19, 2009 #

85. SDfix can fix some of my problem, but some sdfix also detected as virus on my virus scanner, why?

Comment by Golden Computer — May 16, 2009 #

86. Its false alert. Some security programs will incorrectly identify this tool as potentially or actually malicious due to some of it’s components. Although these files can be used maliciously, they are an integral part of the fix and I recommend you disable your antivirus.

Comment by Patrik — May 18, 2009 #

87. Has Andy developed a version of SDFIX for Vista? I understand the current version will only run with W2K and XP.

Comment by Robert Brandenburg — May 30, 2009 #

88. Robert, looks like no.

Comment by Patrik — May 31, 2009 #

89. SDFix worked! Even though I had to rename it to SDFix2, I was able to delete the very annoying braviax trojan. I spent $30 on Spyware Doctor and it could not get rid of braviax. I had visited many forums, and I am very glad I finally found this forum and SDFix.

Comment by Lester — July 31, 2009 #

90. It worked! I had a new braviax strain. I only visited a website, and before I knew it, Acrobat opened, and my computer started to restart. I knew I was in trouble. I downloaded SDFix.exe and renamed it, ran it, and then ran MalwareBytes Anti-malware (it found some residual bravix files). My computer appears to be clean.

Comment by amanda — August 2, 2009 #

91. SDFix works great! I tried the newest copy of Avast! Anti-Virus software. Avast found some, but not all the components. SDFix was very through and easy to use. The virus was a trojan braviax.exe and cru629.dat. Really nasty.

Comment by Peter — August 12, 2009 #

92. my computer cannot open hidden files.evry time on the hidden files the computer aotumaticaly go true off hidden files.i try do sdfix but stil same…how to fix this.i need to open my hiden files

Comment by vijay — August 12, 2009 #

93. vijay, probably your computer infected with autorun.inf trojan. Try follow these steps: http://www.myantispyware.com/2008/05/26/how-to-remove-trojans-that-uses-autoruninf-file/
    or ask for help at our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — August 13, 2009 #

94. I had a client who had the new version of braviax that automatically restarts the computer after you scan in safe mode and restart into normal windows. To be clear it does a clean restart and not a BSD windows auto-restar.

I also think this new version knows about sdfix because it would not even let me extract it.

What I did to remove:
    In safe mode I ran malwarebytes and removed infected files. I did not restart but installed a copy of AVG and did a command line scan wile still in safe mode. AVG found a bunch more that malwarebytes did not find. After the AVG scan and a restart it looks all clear.

Good luck to all who have this nasty on their machine.

Comment by Ian — August 13, 2009 #

95. Ok, I have had numerous virus problems over the past few days. I tried a number of software: Avira, Spybot SaD, Malwarebytes’… none have done the job and cleaned me completely by the malicious programs. They did do something, but it wasn’t enough. I have tried SDfix, braviax.exe is still there, I still get fraudlo alerts at startup, I still need to close a number of malicious processes for my computer to run at a normal speed.
    I will try Combofix now and see if that works.
    I’ll update here if something works.

Comment by Speed — August 16, 2009 #

96. Combofix seems to have done the job :)
    No more braviax, no more fraudlo alerts, no more figaro.sys, the computer runs at optimal speed, no more dodgy svchosts in the taskbar.

This has helped more than any commercial antivirus and I’m going to recommend it to anyone that needs a disinfection.
    Thanks a lot.

Comment by Speed — August 17, 2009 #

97. I have braviax infection. Receiving fraudlo alerts ie: win xp is out of date and needs to be renewed. Ive run SDFix twice and followed instructions exactly however I restart my machine the alerts are still appearing. Any suggestions welcome

Comment by James — August 17, 2009 #

98. Seem to come back to SDFIX every now and then to fix something our other tools cannot clean up. Really nice that someone out there is really on top of new developments.

Comment by paul — August 20, 2009 #

99. James, probably your PC infected with a new variant of braviax. Ask for help at our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — August 23, 2009 #

100. I just used SDFix to get rid of the vicious PC_AntiSpyWare_2010 and Braviax spywares, that other methods refused to budge. I can’t thank you enough. I love you guys.

Comment by Andrew — August 24, 2009 #

101. I just used SDFix and the Malwarebytes program to get rid of eldycow.gen and the dreded cru629.dat files. thank you for making something that works! I will be purchasing the Malwarebytes program. You have helped me do something that Microsoft techs couldn’t figure out with two hours
    via remote connection! You ROCK!

Comment by Robert Vaughan — August 31, 2009 #

102. After running the SDFix .bat file, the prompt just flashes for a second. I am using Vista Home Premium. Please help.

Comment by Brandon — September 4, 2009 #

103. I am using Vista Home Premium. I ran the runthis.bat file for SDFix and the command just flashes onto the screen for a split second. Please help.

Comment by Brandon — September 4, 2009 #

104. Nevermind. Won’t work with Vista. Anything I can use for Vista 64-bit.

Comment by Brandon — September 4, 2009 #

105. I get to the point in SDFix that I have typed a Y and return and nothing happens. I would like to try %comspec% but how do I do it? I have no Start button or desktop. I have been starting programs through task manager, new tasks… if I know where the programs are…

Comment by Dan — September 5, 2009 #

106. Dan, the best way for – make a new topic at our Spyware removal forum. I will help you.

Comment by Patrik — September 5, 2009 #

107. Thank YOU very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very much!

Comment by Docavo — September 12, 2009 #

108. So far so good. OTC and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware eliminated Antivirus Pro 2010. I also have SDFix downloaded in case I need it. Very good job guys.

Comment by Gregg — September 16, 2009 #

109. i cannot download sdfix. every time i click on the link to download it, a new link opens that says, “oops, we can’t open (the link).” So then I went into safe mode with networking and tried again but the same thing happened. Now this only happens when I try to go to a website that involves adware removal websites (eg. Spy Sweeper and SDfix..I can still access hotmail, google, pretty much every other type of websites

Comment by Adam — September 16, 2009 #

110. I can’t download sdfix in both normal and safe mode. every time i click on the website, it read, “oops, we can’t open (the link).” but whats funny is that every other website that doesn’t involve some sort of ad-removal program works normally. any suggestions?

Comment by Adam — September 16, 2009 #

111. sorry about the double post

Comment by Adam — September 16, 2009 #

112. Adam, go to our Spyware removal forum and make a new topic.

Comment by Patrik — September 17, 2009 #

113. I resolved the problem. After reading further into your link to downloading Malwarebytes, it mentioned that I may have a DNSChanger trojan. So I followed the instructions and that ended up being the problem. After removing it, I was then able to download Malwarebytes and now I can use it no problem. It’s also helping me with removing Antivirus Pro 2010 and braviax from my computer. Without your links and information, I’d be lost. Thank you soo much for the links…Honestly, you are my hero right now. Thank you :D

Comment by Adam — September 18, 2009 #

114. Need help! I have installed SDFix on my computer and when i run the RunThis.bat file the first blue page comes up. I enter “Y” and hit enter and then the blue page goes away and i can no longer see the start menu bar or the destop. As i understand it, the blue page should remain and i should be able to see the progress. I am running the .bat file in Safe mode with networking as for some reason it won’t let me log into just plain safe mode. Any Ideas as to why SDFix stops running???

Comment by JJ — September 20, 2009 #

115. JJ, probably your PC infected with a trojan that blocks SDFix. Ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — September 20, 2009 #

116. thanks

Comment by mahmoud — September 21, 2009 #

117. Had to rename SDFix.exe in order to install it. The fix took a while but it seemed to be successful. Much appreciate the info.

Comment by Cuong — September 22, 2009 #

118. hi every body i tried installing the sdfix in safe mode but as soon as i gave enter on the safe mode it restarted can anybody give me solution to this

Comment by dan orion — October 30, 2009 #

119. Cuong, try to repair Safe mode using free program SafeBootKeyRepair. Download it from here.

Comment by Patrik — October 30, 2009 #

120. Hi
    Trying to run SDFix but get the following once opened :

Windows cannot find c:\SDFix\apps\installed.txt. make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again.To search for a file,click the search button , and then click search.

Please can someone help ?
    Sorry for double post
    many thanks

Paul

Comment by Paul — October 31, 2009 #

121. Paul ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — October 31, 2009 #

122. Hi, My hard disk is partitioned. I have installed 11i Oracle Applications in my system in one part with O.S. as Windows 2000. In other part Windows XP is installed. There is some virus in my system because of which whenever I logs on to my system C prompt automatically opens up. And a file named \

Comment by Swati — November 10, 2009 #

123. hai iwant sdfix

Comment by sarvesh — November 10, 2009 #

124. 1.My Shell.exe in Location C:\ has a trojan, will this program be able to fix it??
    2.Task Manger hidden?

Comment by mani — November 27, 2009 #

125. mani, before running SDFix, try Malwarebytes Anti-malwatre or SuperAntiSpyware.

Comment by Patrik — November 28, 2009 #

126. I downloaded sdfix and tried to use it to repair my safemode (I can’t restart into safe mode). It didn’t work. So, I downloaded safebootrepair like you suggested to Coung. When it finished running, I got and error. “Error: Key” System\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\minimal does not exist!” Now what do I do? I have also tried running Malwarebytes and Combofix but they won’t run. Whatever I have disables my Avast, wireless network and has slowed everything down GREATLY! I’m trying to install/run these programs off of a thumb drive.
    TIA for any help. Robyne

Comment by Robyne — January 5, 2010 #

127. Robyne, ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik — January 6, 2010 #

128. superb

Comment by bala — January 13, 2010 #

129. Great job. SDFix cleaned a lot of “uncleaned” computers many times. sometimes it’s much easier to boot in safe mode immediately and start and leave SDFix to do the job.
    My advice to all who don’t know how to start this simple tool is to find somebody who know and leave him to make your life more simple !!!

Comment by nani — January 17, 2010 #

130. I have a computer that only boots to the background screen. No functionality at all beyond that point.. Task manager has been disabled. I want to try your program but this computer wont boot into safe mode either. How do I get this to work from here?

Comment by Lawrence — February 12, 2010 #

131. Lawrence, try boot your PC in Last good configuration.

Comment by Patrik — February 13, 2010 #

132. simply superb.

Comment by JP.MURHUGHARAJ — April 10, 2010 #

133. I am infected with a hacktool.rootkit worm. It has created a backdoor in my PC. I used Malwarebytes anti-malware and it detected ipsecndis.sys and ntndis.sys files as rootkits. The anti-malware asks me to restart in order to delete these files. However, the files could not be deleted upon restarting. Also, the infected sys files are not visible in the system32 and system32\drivers directories. Neither can I manually delete it nor can spybot, malwarebytes, Unhackme types softwares delete it.

P.S.: These files always show up in the anti-malware tools whenever i connect to internet

What should i do?? It is very frustrating.

Comment by Varun — May 14, 2010 #

134. Varun, start a new topic in our Spyware removal forum. I will check your PC.

Comment by Patrik — May 15, 2010 #

135. My xp computer does not boot to safe mode. im getting BSOD with 0x0000007B error. Unable to run the SDFix in normal mode. what to do?

Comment by Ramesh — June 18, 2010 #

136. Ramesh, try follow the instructions to repair Safe mode.

Comment by Patrik — June 19, 2010 #

137. My xp computer does not boot to safe mode. im getting BSOD with 0x0000007B error. Unable to run the SDFix in normal mode. what to do

Comment by essa — October 13, 2010 #

138. essa, if you need a help with malware removal, then start a new topic in our Spyware removal forum. I will help you.

Comment by Patrik — October 13, 2010 #

139. My xp computer does not boot to safe mode. im getting BSOD with 0x0000007B error. Unable to run the SDFix in normal mode. what to d

Comment by essa — October 15, 2010 #

140. essa, you can boot your PC in Normal mode ?

Comment by Patrik — October 15, 2010 #

141. my PC is infected with win32/heur.
    can SDFix help me removing it?
    where can I find its latest version?

Comment by mmoj — October 23, 2010 #

142. mmoj,
    try other tools (MBAM, SuperAntispyware, Combofix)

Comment by Patrik — October 24, 2010 #

143. Is there a comparable program to SDFix that will work for Vista?

Comment by Oscar — November 15, 2010 #

144. Oscar, look my previous comment.

Comment by Patrik — November 17, 2010 #

145. Is this software still available (sdfix)? Sounds promising, but each link I’ve found for it goes to nothing (error 404, etc). :-(

Comment by anu — May 10, 2011 #

146. anu, SDFix is not available now. Use combofix.

Comment by Patrik (Myantispyware admin) — May 20, 2011 #

147. Patrik…SDFix is still available but both links above are broken.
    You can get it here: depositfiles.com/en/files/4757j79py