What is Desktopnotificationsonline.com?
Desktopnotificationsonline.com pop-ups are a scam which uses social engineering methods to lure unsuspecting users into allowing browser push notifications. Although push notifications cannot harm users directly, scammers use them to display intrusive advertisements, promote questionable programs, and encourage users to visit shady web-pages.
The Desktopnotificationsonline.com site claims that clicking ‘Allow’ is necessary to access the content of the web page, watch a video, connect to the Internet, download a file, enable Flash Player, and so on. Once you press the ‘Allow’ button, you will start seeing unwanted adverts in form of popup windows on the screen.
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||PUPs, social engineering attack, dubious pop up advertisements, adware|
|Removal||Desktopnotificationsonline.com removal guide|
How does your device get infected with Desktopnotificationsonline.com pop-ups
These Desktopnotificationsonline.com pop ups are caused by suspicious ads on the web sites you visit or adware software. Adware’s basic purpose is to show advertisements. These ads are often presented as advertising banners, popups or push notifications. Clicks on the ads produce a monetary payoff for the software producers. Adware software can work like Spyware, since it sends confidential information such as searches and trends to advertisers.
Remove Desktopnotificationsonline.com notifications from internet browsers
If the scammers have achieved their goal and you clicked the Allow button, then you need to open web browser settings as soon as possible and turn off rogue notifications. To delete the Desktopnotificationsonline.com notifications, perform the following steps. These steps are for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Android.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Remove the Desktopnotificationsonline.com URL and other rogue notifications by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- In the top right corner, find and tap the Chrome menu (three dots).
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Tap on ‘Site settings’ and then ‘Notifications’. In the opened window, find the Desktopnotificationsonline.com URL, other suspicious sites and tap on them one-by-one.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the top-right corner of the Firefox, click the Menu button, represented by three horizontal stripes.
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ and then to ‘Settings’ next to ‘Notifications’.
- In the opened window, find Desktopnotificationsonline.com URL, other questionable sites, click the drop-down menu and choose ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top-right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button under ‘Website permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Desktopnotificationsonline.com and each suspicious domain.
- Click the Gear button on the right upper corner of the window.
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings below ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Locate the Desktopnotificationsonline.com site and click the ‘Remove’ button to delete the URL.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top-left corner of the window and select ‘Preferences’.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Locate the Desktopnotificationsonline.com site and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
How to remove Desktopnotificationsonline.com popups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
According to security experts, Desktopnotificationsonline.com pop-ups removal can be finished manually and/or automatically. These utilities that are listed below will help you delete adware, malicious internet browser plugins, malware and potentially unwanted apps . However, if you’re not willing to install other software to delete Desktopnotificationsonline.com ads, then use instructions listed below to return your computer settings to their previous states.
To remove Desktopnotificationsonline.com pop ups, perform the following steps:
- Remove Desktopnotificationsonline.com notifications from internet browsers
- How to manually remove Desktopnotificationsonline.com
- Automatic Removal of Desktopnotificationsonline.com advertisements
- Stop Desktopnotificationsonline.com pop ups
How to manually remove Desktopnotificationsonline.com
In most cases, it is possible to manually remove Desktopnotificationsonline.com pop-ups. This solution does not involve the use of any tricks or removal utilities. You just need to restore the normal settings of the PC system and internet browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly remove Desktopnotificationsonline.com pop-up ads, as well as perform a full scan of your PC, we recommend that you run adware removal tools, which are listed below.
Remove unwanted or newly added programs
One of the first things to attempt for removal of adware software is to check your personal computer installed programs screen and look for unwanted and questionable applications. If there are any applications you do not recognize or are no longer using, you should delete them. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to use adware removal utility like Zemana Anti-Malware.
Make sure you have closed all web-browsers and other apps. Next, delete any unwanted and suspicious apps from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your device. Most probably, one of them is the adware that causes the unwanted Desktopnotificationsonline.com ads. Choose the suspicious program or the program that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in MS Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Select the questionable or any unknown applications, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to delete this unwanted application from your computer.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an unwanted program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Desktopnotificationsonline.com popups from Firefox
If the Firefox browser is re-directed to Desktopnotificationsonline.com and you want to recover the Firefox settings back to their original state, then you should follow the tutorial below. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and press button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Desktopnotificationsonline.com adware. When, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Desktopnotificationsonline.com pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browser settings like home page, search engine and new tab had been changed by adware that causes Desktopnotificationsonline.com pop-up ads, then you may return your settings, via the reset web browser procedure.
First, open the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” similar to the one below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like the one below.
When the process is done, press “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider to default state.
Remove Desktopnotificationsonline.com advertisements from Google Chrome
Run the Reset browser utility of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings such as newtab, search provider and start page to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of web browser redirects to annoying ad web sites like Desktopnotificationsonline.com.
First start the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the plugin signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The web-browser will show the settings screen. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed in the figure below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will open the confirmation prompt as displayed in the figure below.
You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The browser will start the task of cleaning. When it is complete, the web-browser’s settings including new tab page, homepage and search engine by default back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC.
Automatic Removal of Desktopnotificationsonline.com advertisements
If you are unsure how to delete Desktopnotificationsonline.com ads easily, consider using automatic adware software removal apps that listed below. It will identify the adware software that causes Desktopnotificationsonline.com popups in your browser and remove it from your computer for free.
Remove Desktopnotificationsonline.com pop-ups with Zemana Anti-Malware
Zemana AntiMalware is a program that is used for malware, adware software, browser hijackers and PUPs removal. The program is one of the most efficient anti-malware tools. It helps in malware removal and and defends all other types of security threats. One of the biggest advantages of using Zemana AntiMalware is that is easy to use and is free. Also, it constantly keeps updating its virus/malware signatures DB. Let’s see how to install and scan your device with Zemana Anti-Malware in order to delete Desktopnotificationsonline.com ads from your personal computer.
First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana Anti-Malware.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the downloading process is finished, close all applications and windows on your PC system. Double-click the set up file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you setup Zemana AntiMalware on your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is complete successfully, Zemana will automatically start and you can see its main screen such as the one below.
Now click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your computer for the adware software related to the Desktopnotificationsonline.com advertisements. When a malware, adware or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
After Zemana Anti-Malware completes the scan, Zemana AntiMalware will display a screen that contains a list of malware that has been found. Make sure to check mark the items which are unsafe and then press “Next” button. The Zemana will begin to remove adware software that causes pop ups. After disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to restart the device.
Delete Desktopnotificationsonline.com advertisements and harmful extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free utility that can locate adware related to the Desktopnotificationsonline.com ads. It’s not always easy to locate all the junk software that your computer might have picked up on the Internet. HitmanPro will look for the adware, hijackers and other malicious software you need to remove.
- First, visit the page linked below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the download is finished, run the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to detect adware that causes multiple unwanted pop-ups. Depending on your personal computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- As the scanning ends, a list of all items found is prepared. Once you’ve selected what you want to remove from your PC click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Remove Desktopnotificationsonline.com advertisements with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Remove Desktopnotificationsonline.com pop-ups manually is difficult and often the adware software is not fully removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware which are fully clean your personal computer. Moreover, this free program will allow you to remove malware, PUPs, toolbars and hijackers that your computer can be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes AntiMalware from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- After the downloading process is complete, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and press Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, click the “Scan” button to begin checking your device for the adware that causes multiple unwanted pop ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your computer. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When finished, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will show you the results. In order to remove all items, simply click “Quarantine”. Once the cleaning procedure is finished, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to remove hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes.
Stop Desktopnotificationsonline.com pop ups
To put it simply, you need to use an ad-blocking tool (AdGuard, for example). It’ll stop and protect you from all annoying web pages such as Desktopnotificationsonline.com, advertisements and popups. To be able to do that, the ad-blocking application uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious web-site, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad blocker program automatically uses these filters, depending on the web sites you are visiting.
Visit the page linked below to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is finished, you will see a window as displayed in the following example.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Desktopnotificationsonline.com, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop ups and annoying malicious webpages) and Zemana Anti-Malware (to periodically scan your device for new adware and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Desktopnotificationsonline.com pop up advertisements from MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, then ask for help here.