What is News-cihumo.cc?
News-cihumo.cc pop ups are a scam which is used to lure you and other unsuspecting victims into accepting push notifications via the web-browser. Push notifications are originally created to alert users of recently published blog posts. Scammers abuse ‘browser notification feature’ to avoid antivirus and ad-blocker software by displaying annoying ads. These ads are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit suspicious websites, install internet browser extensions & so on.
The News-cihumo.cc website displays fake messages that attempts to get you to press the ‘Allow’ button to subscribe to its notifications. If you click ALLOW, then you will start seeing unwanted adverts in form of pop-up windows on the screen.
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||adware software, dubious pop up ads, social engineering attack, PUPs|
|Removal||News-cihumo.cc removal guide|
How did you get infected with News-cihumo.cc pop-ups
These News-cihumo.cc popups are caused by shady advertisements on the webpages you visit or adware. Adware can cause problems for your device. Adware can show intrusive adverts on your computer screen so that your cannot block them, redirect your internet browser to scam pages, and it can cause malicious websites to pop up on your web browser. Adware software might end up on your PC system after you download and install free software from a suspicious web site.
These days some free programs creators bundle PUPs or adware with a view to making some money. So whenever you install a new freeware that downloaded from the Net, be very careful during installation. Carefully read the EULA (a text with I ACCEPT/I DECLINE button), choose custom or manual installation mode, reject all third-party applications.
Remove News-cihumo.cc notifications from web-browsers
If you have allowed the News-cihumo.cc notifications by clicking the Allow button, then after a short time you will notice that these notifications are very intrusive. Here’s how to remove News-cihumo.cc browser notifications from your internet browser.
- In the top right corner, click on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- In the menu go to ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’ settings.
- When the drop-down menu appears, tap ‘Settings’. Scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Click ‘three dots’ button on the right hand side of News-cihumo.cc URL or other dubious URL and click ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the internet browser which shows News-cihumo.cc push notifications ads.
- Locate News-cihumo.cc site in the list and disable it.
- Click on ‘three horizontal stripes’ button at the top right corner of the Firefox window.
- In the menu go to ‘Options’, in the menu on the left go to ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ and then to ‘Settings’ next to ‘Notifications’.
- Find News-cihumo.cc, other rogue notifications, click the drop-down menu and choose ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top-right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Click the switch below the News-cihumo.cc so that it turns off.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the top right corner of the Internet Explorer.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Locate the News-cihumo.cc URL and click the ‘Remove’ button to remove the URL.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top-left corner of the screen and select ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Locate the News-cihumo.cc domain and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
How to remove News-cihumo.cc pop up advertisements from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There are several steps to deleting the adware which causes popups, because it installs itself so deeply into Microsoft Windows. You need to remove all suspicious and unknown programs, then get rid of harmful extensions from the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer and other browsers you’ve installed. Finally, you need to reset your web browser settings to remove any changes the adware software has made, and then scan your personal computer with Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or HitmanPro to ensure the adware is fully removed. It will take a while.
To remove News-cihumo.cc pop ups, follow the steps below:
- Remove News-cihumo.cc notifications from web-browsers
- How to manually get rid of News-cihumo.cc
- Automatic Removal of News-cihumo.cc popups
- Stop News-cihumo.cc pop-ups
How to manually get rid of News-cihumo.cc
This part of the blog post is a step-by-step guidance that will show you how to remove News-cihumo.cc popups manually. You just need to follow every step. In this case, you do not need to download any additional software.
Uninstall PUPs using MS Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, adware and browser hijackers can be deleted using the Add/Remove programs tool which is located in the Windows Control Panel. So, if you are running any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to get rid of it through Add/Remove programs.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Remove News-cihumo.cc advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to recover all browser default search provider, home page and new tab you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your computer.
First, open the IE, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of adware which causes pop ups, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings such as newtab page, start page and search provider by default to default state.
Remove News-cihumo.cc advertisements from Chrome
If you’re getting News-cihumo.cc pop-ups, then you can try to remove it by resetting Chrome to its original state. It will also clear cookies, content and site data, temporary and cached data. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
- First launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is done, your web-browser’s new tab, homepage and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove News-cihumo.cc popups from Mozilla Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox reset will remove redirects to intrusive News-cihumo.cc web page, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. It’ll keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox and press button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed in the following example.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the following example. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the News-cihumo.cc adware. After, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of News-cihumo.cc popups
The adware software may hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and get rid of completely. This can lead to the fact that after some time, the adware software that causes multiple unwanted popups once again infect your PC system. Moreover, We want to note that it is not always safe to remove adware software manually, if you don’t have much experience in setting up and configuring the MS Windows operating system. The best way to detect and remove adware software is to use free malicious software removal software.
Run Zemana to get rid of News-cihumo.cc pop-ups
Download Zemana AntiMalware to get rid of News-cihumo.cc pop-ups automatically from all of your internet browsers. This is a freeware utility specially developed for malware removal. This utility can remove adware software, hijacker from Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge and Microsoft Windows registry automatically.
Click the link below to download Zemana Anti-Malware. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the download is finished, close all windows on your PC. Further, launch the install file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana Anti-Malware on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is complete successfully, Zemana Anti-Malware will automatically run and you can see its main window as displayed in the figure below.
Next, press the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti-Malware program will scan through the whole computer for the adware software that causes News-cihumo.cc pop-up advertisements in your web browser. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
As the scanning ends, Zemana will open a list of found items. Next, you need to click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will remove adware software related to the News-cihumo.cc ads. After that process is done, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system.
Remove News-cihumo.cc pop-ups from browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and use to get rid of adware related to the News-cihumo.cc advertisements, hijackers, malware, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and other threats from your PC. You can run this tool to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
- Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When downloading is finished, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is opened, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware software that causes News-cihumo.cc ads in your web browser. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
- When HitmanPro completes the scan, Hitman Pro will prepare a list of unwanted applications and adware. Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes AntiMalware to remove News-cihumo.cc popup advertisements
If you’re having problems with News-cihumo.cc popups removal, then check out MalwareBytes. This is a tool that can help clean up your device and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the downloading process is finished, close all software and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup as shown in the following example.
When the installation starts, you’ll see the Setup wizard which will help you setup Malwarebytes on your device.
Once setup is finished, you’ll see window as shown below.
Now press the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes Anti-Malware program will scan through the whole personal computer for the adware related to the News-cihumo.cc pop-up ads. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your device. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
After the system scan is complete, a list of all threats found is created. When you’re ready, press “Quarantine” button.
The Malwarebytes will now delete adware that causes News-cihumo.cc popup advertisements and move the selected threats to the program’s quarantine. Once the clean-up is complete, you may be prompted to restart your PC system.
The following video explains step-by-step instructions on how to remove hijacker, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Stop News-cihumo.cc pop-ups
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot stop all those annoying websites such as News-cihumo.cc using only built-in MS Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to block unwanted browser redirects, ads and popups in any modern web-browsers including Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. It is called Adguard and it works very well.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as shown on the screen below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guide which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block News-cihumo.cc, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Once you have removed the adware using the guidance, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox will no longer open unwanted News-cihumo.cc web page when you browse the Web. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the intrusive News-cihumo.cc advertisements.