What is Twitch Explorer
Twitch Explorer is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience, but according to security professionals, this extension acts as Adware. Adware is a form of software that delivers unwanted advertisements on the computer. Some of these advertisements are scams or fake ads created to trick users. Even harmless ads can become really irritating. Adware software can be installed accidentally and without users knowing about it, when they open email attachments, install free programs, pirated software, malicious dowbloads and fake updates.
Another reason why you need to delete Twitch Explorer is its online data-tracking activity. It can be used to gather your surfing history and personal information, including passwords and credit card numbers. In the future, marketing-type data about you can be sold to third party companies.
So, the Twitch Explorer does not really have beneficial features. So, we recommend you get rid of it without a wait. This will also prevent the adware from tracking your online activities. A full Twitch Explorer removal can be easily carried out using manual or automatic way listed below.
How does Twitch Explorer get on your device
Most of unwanted ads and popups come from browser toolbars and/or extensions, BHOs (browser helper objects) and third-party applications. Most often, these items claim itself as programs that improve your experience on the Internet by providing a fast and interactive startpage or a search engine that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted apps. Be cautious, run only reputable apps which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and dubious applications.
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), popups, pop-up advertisements, pop up virus|
|Removal||Twitch Explorer removal guide|
How to remove Twitch Explorer extension (Adware removal steps)
There are several steps to removing the Twitch Explorer , because it installs itself so deeply into Windows. You need to remove all suspicious and unknown programs, then get rid of harmful extensions from the IE, Chrome, Firefox and Edge and other internet browsers you have installed. Finally, you need to reset your web-browser settings to delete any changes the adware software has made, and then check your personal computer with Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) or HitmanPro to ensure the adware software is fully removed. It will take a while.
To remove Twitch Explorer, execute the following steps:
- How to remove Twitch Explorer adware without any software
- Automatic Removal of Twitch Explorer adware
- How to stay safe online
How to remove Twitch Explorer adware without any software
This part of the article is a step-by-step guide that will help you to remove Twitch Explorer adware software manually. You just need to carefully complete each step. In this case, you do not need to install any additional apps.
Uninstall unwanted or newly added software
We recommend that you begin the PC cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed software and uninstall all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful applications such as adware software and browser hijackers may be bundled with free applications. Delete the unwanted programs can remove the intrusive ads or web-browser redirect.
Make sure you have closed all browsers and other programs. Next, remove any unknown and suspicious software from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your personal computer. Most likely, one of them is the Twitch Explorer adware. Choose the questionable program or the application that name is not familiar to you and uninstall it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, choose “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Select the suspicious or any unknown programs, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to uninstall this undesired program from your PC system.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an unwanted application, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Twitch Explorer adware software from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple solution to remove Twitch Explorer , disable harmful and ‘ad-supported’ addons, fix browser’s startpage, default search provider and newtab which have been modified by adware software.
- First start the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your web-browser’s search engine by default, homepage and newtab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Twitch Explorer adware software from Firefox
If the Firefox web-browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings such as default search engine, startpage and newtab to their original settings. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Mozilla Firefox web-browser settings to their original state.
Remove Twitch Explorer adware software from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer internet browser settings like default search engine, newtab and startpage had been changed by Twitch Explorer adware, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Automatic Removal of Twitch Explorer adware
Many antivirus companies have created applications that help detect adware software and thereby get rid of Twitch Explorer from the Firefox, Edge, IE and Chrome web browsers. Below is a a few of the free applications you may want to run. Your PC may have a lot of potentially unwanted programs, adware and hijackers installed at the same time, so we recommend, if any unwanted or harmful application returns after restarting the personal computer, then run your personal computer into Safe Mode and run the anti-malware utility again.
Run Zemana to get rid of Twitch Explorer adware software
Zemana Anti-Malware is a free program for MS Windows operating system to find and remove Twitch Explorer adware software, and other undesired programs such as PUPs, malicious web browser plugins, browser toolbars.
Click the following link to download the latest version of Zemana for MS Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the downloading process is complete, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Double-click the set up file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana Anti-Malware on your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed below.
Now press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the Twitch Explorer . This task may take quite a while, so please be patient.
Once the scan get finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will display a scan report. When you’re ready, press “Next” button. The Zemana Free will remove Twitch Explorer adware and move the selected items to the Quarantine. When that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
Remove Twitch Explorer adware from browsers with HitmanPro
HitmanPro cleans your personal computer from browser hijackers, PUPs, unwanted toolbars, web-browser addons and other unwanted apps such as Twitch Explorer . The free removal utility will help you enjoy your personal computer to its fullest. Hitman Pro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to look for if there are undesired apps in your PC. You can review the scan results, and select the items you want to delete.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is finished, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button for scanning your PC for the Twitch Explorer adware. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan HitmanPro will scan for threats exist on your PC system.
- As the scanning ends, Hitman Pro will open a list of detected items. Make sure to check mark the threats that are unsafe and then click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes to delete Twitch Explorer adware software
Trying to get rid of Twitch Explorer adware software can become a battle of wills between the adware infection and you. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware can be a powerful ally, removing most of today’s adware software, malicious software and PUPs with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes will help you win.
- Please go to the following link to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is complete, please close all software and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes AntiMalware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button for scanning your PC system for the Twitch Explorer adware. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your computer. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After the checking is finished, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will display a scan report.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Quarantine” button. Once disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stay safe online
In order to increase your security and protect your device against new unwanted ads and malicious webpages, you need to use adblocker program that blocks an access to harmful advertisements and web-sites. Moreover, the application may block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the downloading process is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Twitch Explorer, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you have removed the adware using this tutorial, Firefox, MS Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer will no longer display any unwanted ads. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.