What is Clipboard Sync Beta
Clipboard Sync Beta is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience, but it acts as Adware. Adware is a type of malicious software that displays unwanted advertisements to the user of a computer. The ads produced by adware are sometimes in the form of advertising links, pop-ups, fake alerts, push notifications or sometimes in an unclosable window. These advertisements are used to promote sales or web-traffic to malicious websites or publisher in order to generate revenue.
Another reason why you need to get rid of Clipboard Sync Beta is its online data-tracking activity. It can be used to gather your browsing history and sensitive info, including passwords and credit card numbers. In the future, your user information can be transferred to third parties.
So, if your computer has been infected by the adware, you must have complete any of the steps below. Once you have removed Clipboard Sync Beta from your computer by following our steps below, make sure not to commit the same mistakes again in the future.
How does Clipboard Sync Beta get on your computer
Most of unwanted advertisements and pop-ups come from internet browser toolbars and/or extensions, BHOs (browser helper objects) and third-party programs. In most cases, these items claim itself as software that improve your experience on the Internet by providing a fast and interactive startpage or a search provider that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted software. Be cautious, start only reputable programs and browser extensions which download from reputable developers. NEVER install any unknown and dubious software.
|Name||Clipboard Sync Beta|
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted application (PUA), popup advertisements, pop up virus, pop-ups|
|Removal||Clipboard Sync Beta removal guide|
How to remove Clipboard Sync Beta adware (removal guide)
According to experienced security professionals, Clipboard Sync Beta removal can be finished manually and/or automatically. These utilities that are listed below will help you remove adware, harmful browser add-ons, malware and PUPs . However, if you’re not willing to install any removal tools to remove Clipboard Sync Beta , then use following steps to return your computer settings to defaults.
To remove Clipboard Sync Beta, execute the steps below:
- Manual Clipboard Sync Beta adware removal
- Automatic Removal of Clipboard Sync Beta adware
- How to stay safe online
Manual Clipboard Sync Beta adware removal
Looking for a solution to remove the adware software manually without installing any tools? Then this section of the article is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of web-browser and Microsoft Windows setup. If you are not sure that you can follow them, it is better to use free tools listed below that can help you uninstall Clipboard Sync Beta.
Delete unwanted or newly added apps
We suggest that you begin the device cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed programs and uninstall all unknown or dubious apps. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful applications such as adware and hijackers may be bundled with freeware. Delete the unwanted programs can get rid of the unwanted ads or web-browser redirect.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Remove Clipboard Sync Beta adware from IE
In order to restore browser settings hijacked by adware you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your computer.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will remove Clipboard Sync Beta, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings like home page, new tab page and search provider by default to default state.
Remove Clipboard Sync Beta adware from Google Chrome
If your Google Chrome web-browser is hijacked by Clipboard Sync Beta, it may be necessary to completely reset your web browser program to its default settings.
- First, launch the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Clipboard Sync Beta from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If your Firefox web-browser is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings like newtab, homepage and search provider to their default state. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed or cleared.
Run the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the following example.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Clipboard Sync Beta adware software. Once, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of Clipboard Sync Beta adware
Many antivirus companies have created software that help detect adware software and thereby get rid of unwanted ads from the Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Google Chrome and IE internet browsers. Below is a a few of the free programs you may want to run. Your PC system may have a large amount of PUPs, adware and hijackers installed at the same time, so we suggest, if any unwanted or malicious application returns after restarting the PC system, then launch your PC into Safe Mode and run the anti-malware tool again.
Use Zemana Anti Malware to get rid of Clipboard Sync Beta
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is a malicious software removal utility developed for Windows. This utility will allow you remove adware, various types of malicious software (including browser hijackers and PUPs) from your PC. It has simple and user friendly interface. While the Zemana Free does its job, your PC will run smoothly.
Download Zemana Free on your personal computer by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the downloading process is done, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as shown in the following example.
When the install begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) on your device.
Once installation is complete, you will see window as shown below.
Now click the “Scan” button to start checking your PC for the Clipboard Sync Beta adware. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
When the system scan is complete, you’ll be shown the list of all found threats on your computer. Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will remove Clipboard Sync Beta and move the selected items to the Quarantine.
Get rid of Clipboard Sync Beta from browsers with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free portable program that scans your device for Clipboard Sync Beta,other PUPs and browser hijackers and allows get rid of them easily. Moreover, it’ll also allow you remove any malicious internet browser extensions and add-ons.
- Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is done, launch the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, press the “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the Clipboard Sync Beta adware. Depending on your personal computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan Hitman Pro will look for threats exist on your PC system.
- When Hitman Pro has finished scanning, HitmanPro will create a list of unwanted apps and adware. All detected items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
How to remove Clipboard Sync Beta with MalwareBytes Free
We suggest using the MalwareBytes. You can download and install MalwareBytes to remove adware and get rid of unwanted ads from your web-browsers. When installed and updated, this free malicious software remover automatically identifies and removes all threats exist on the personal computer.
Installing the MalwareBytes is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Free from the link below. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the download is done, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will try to update itself and when this procedure is finished, click the “Scan” button to scan for the Clipboard Sync Beta adware. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will find threats present on your device. Review the scan results and then click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti Malware is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we suggest you to read and follow the instructions or the video guide below.
How to stay safe online
If you surf the Internet, you can’t avoid malicious advertising. But you can protect your browser against it. Download and run an ad-blocker program. AdGuard is an ad blocker that can filter out a lot of of the malvertising, blocking dynamic scripts from loading harmful content.
- First, click the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the downloading process is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Clipboard Sync Beta, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up advertisements and unwanted malicious web-sites) and Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your device for new malware, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, malicious apps and adware software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Clipboard Sync Beta from your web browser, then ask for help here.