What is StreamUltraSearch?
The IT security experts have determined that StreamUltraSearch is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that belongs to the category of browser hijackers. Typically, browser hijackers make changes to the default homepage and search engine of user internet browsers, making it difficult to change them back. Browser hijackers may also include unwanted pop-ups and ads to show up in the infected browsers. Browser hijackers are usually installed with freeware or shareware downloaded from third-party websites; they can also be found inside legitimate web sites and software.
The StreamUltraSearch browser hijacker will alter your web-browser’s search engine so that all searches are sent via feed.streamultrasearch.com which redirects to the Yahoo Search engine which displays the search results for your query. The devs behind this browser hijacker are using legitimate search provider as they may earn revenue from the ads that are shown in the search results.
And finally, the StreamUltraSearch hijacker has the ability to gather sensitive information such as what webpages you are opening, what you are looking for the Web and so on. This information, in the future, may be sold to third party companies.
So, if you happen to encounter a browser hijacker or other such problem, then be quick and take effort to get rid of the browser hijacker as quickly as possible. Follow the tutorial below to remove StreamUltraSearch. Let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
How can a browser hijacker get on your computer
Potentially unwanted programs and browser hijackers are usually distributed as part of other software and are often installed without notifying the owner of the computer. This happens especially when you’re installing free programs. The program installation package tricks you into accepting the installation of third party applications, which you do not really want. Moreover, some paid software may also install optional software that you do not want! Therefore, always download free programs and paid software from reputable download web sites. Use ONLY custom or manual setup option and never blindly press Next button.
|Type||search provider hijacker, browser hijacker, redirect virus, PUP, startpage hijacker|
|Associated web-domains||feed.streamultrasearch.com, get.streamultrasearch.com, portal.streamultrasearch.com, install.streamultrasearch.com|
|Affected Browser Settings||search provider, newtab URL, home page|
|Distribution||dubious popup ads, fake software updaters, free software installation packages|
|Symptoms||Unwanted advertisements appear on websites that you are visiting. Your web browser is re-directed to websites you did not want. New entries appear in your Programs folder. Unexpected browser add-ons or toolbar keep coming back. Unwanted changes in your internet browser such as using a new default search engine.|
|Removal||StreamUltraSearch removal guide|
How to remove StreamUltraSearch from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There are a simple manual instructions below that will assist you to delete StreamUltraSearch from your Microsoft Windows computer. The most effective way to get rid of this hijacker is to complete the manual removal guidance and then use Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) or HitmanPro automatic tools (all are free). The manual method will help to weaken this hijacker and the free malware removal tools will completely delete StreamUltraSearch and return the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge and Mozilla Firefox settings to default.
To remove StreamUltraSearch, follow the steps below:
- How to manually get rid of StreamUltraSearch
- Automatic Removal of StreamUltraSearch
- How to stop StreamUltraSearch redirect
How to manually get rid of StreamUltraSearch
Steps to delete StreamUltraSearch without any removal tools are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step guide completely to fully get rid of this hijacker.
Remove suspicious software using MS Windows Control Panel
Check out the Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed software. We suggest to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of apps by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and dubious programs, they are the ones you need to remove.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all apps installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove StreamUltraSearch hijacker from web-browsers
This step will show you how to delete malicious addons. This can delete StreamUltraSearch browser hijacker and fix some surfing problems, especially after hijacker infection.
|Google Chrome||Mozilla Firefox|
You can also try to remove StreamUltraSearch browser hijacker by reset Chrome settings.
If you are still experiencing issues with StreamUltraSearch hijacker removal, you need to reset Mozilla Firefox browser.
Another solution to delete StreamUltraSearch browser hijacker from Internet Explorer is reset IE settings.
Automatic Removal of StreamUltraSearch
Using a malware removal utility to scan for and remove browser hijacker hiding on your device is probably the easiest way to delete the StreamUltraSearch hijacker. We suggests the Zemana program for Windows PC systems. HitmanPro and MalwareBytes are other anti malware tools for MS Windows that offers a free malicious software removal.
Delete StreamUltraSearch hijacker with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
Zemana is a free program for MS Windows operating system to detect and remove PUPs, adware, malicious web browser extensions, browser toolbars, and other unwanted software like StreamUltraSearch hijacker.
- Visit the following page to download Zemana. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the install file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti-Malware setup on your PC.
- Select install language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply press the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the install is done, Zemana will start automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Anti-Malware, let’s see How to use Zemana to delete StreamUltraSearch hijacker from your computer.
- After you have launched the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), you’ll see a window like below, just press ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan for the browser hijacker.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) scans your device.
- When Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is done scanning your PC, it will display the Scan Results. Review the report and then click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Anti Malware may require a reboot PC in order to complete the StreamUltraSearch browser hijacker removal procedure.
- If you want to permanently delete browser hijacker from your PC system, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware, PUPs and other items and click Delete.
- Reboot your PC to complete the hijacker removal process.
Get rid of StreamUltraSearch browser hijacker and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a free tool which can identify StreamUltraSearch browser hijacker. It’s not always easy to locate all the junk applications that your personal computer might have picked up on the Internet. Hitman Pro will scan for the adware, browser hijackers and other malware you need to uninstall.
Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When downloading is complete, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. Once the utility is started, you will see a screen as displayed on the screen below.
Further, press “Next” button to start checking your computer for the StreamUltraSearch hijacker. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. As the scanning ends, a list of all items found is produced as displayed below.
Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button.
How to get rid of StreamUltraSearch with MalwareBytes
We recommend using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware. You can download and install MalwareBytes Free to locate and get rid of StreamUltraSearch hijacker from your PC system. When installed and updated, this free malicious software remover automatically detects and removes all threats present on the computer.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When the download is complete, close all programs and windows on your PC system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Choose “Personal computer” option and press Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware program will scan through the whole computer for the StreamUltraSearch hijacker. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer.
- Once MalwareBytes Free has completed scanning, you may check all items detected on your computer. Review the scan results and then click “Quarantine”. When the cleaning procedure is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to remove hijackers, adware software and other malware with MalwareBytes.
How to stop StreamUltraSearch redirect
To put it simply, you need to use an ad-blocker tool (AdGuard, for example). It will protect you from amaliciousd web-sites and stop unwanted ads and pop ups. To be able to do that, the ad blocker program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious website, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad blocker application automatically uses these filters, depending on the web-pages you are visiting.
- First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your device, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block StreamUltraSearch redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted ads and intrusive harmful web-pages) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC system for new malicious software, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful software and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove StreamUltraSearch from your web browser, then ask for help here.