What is Adblocker & Privacy Protector
Adblocker & Privacy Protector is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience and block unwanted ads, but according to security specialists, it acts as Adware. By definition, adware is a piece of software which shows ads on a PC. However, people basically use the word ‘adware’ to describe a type of malicious software which displays unwanted advertisements to the user. In most cases, adware do not have any uninstall procedures and can use technologies that are similar to those used by trojans to penetrate the computer.
The “Adblocker & Privacy Protector” extension can display unwanted ads, redirects search requests to scam pages and collects sensitive information for marketing purposes. It can show banner advertisements, full-screen ads, popups, videos, or other varieties of online advertising. The worst is, it has the ability to collect lots of marketing-type data about you which can be later sold to third parties. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe.
If you want to remove the adware, you will not succeed, because it is very stubborn. Using the following steps, you surely can remove Adblocker & Privacy Protector completely from your computer.
How does Adblocker & Privacy Protector get on your computer
In many cases, adware come together with the install packages from file sharing and torrents web-sites. So, install free software is a a good chance that you will find a bundled adware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the install, select the Custom or Advanced installation method. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install additional software. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any new software.
|Name||Adblocker & Privacy Protector|
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted program (PUP), pop-up virus, pop-up ads, pop-ups|
|Removal||Adblocker & Privacy Protector removal guide|
How to remove Adblocker & Privacy Protector from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Even if you’ve the up-to-date classic antivirus installed, and you’ve checked your PC system for malicious software and removed anything found, you need to do the guidance below. The Adblocker & Privacy Protector adware removal is not simple as installing another antivirus. Classic antivirus software are not designed to run together and will conflict with each other, or possibly crash MS Windows. Instead we recommend complete the manual steps below after that run Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) or HitmanPro, which are free programs dedicated to detect and delete the adware software. Use these tools to ensure the adware is removed.
To remove Adblocker & Privacy Protector, execute the steps below:
- Manual Adblocker & Privacy Protector adware software removal
- Automatic Removal of Adblocker & Privacy Protector adware software
- How to stay safe online
Manual Adblocker & Privacy Protector adware software removal
Looking for a way to remove Adblocker & Privacy Protector adware manually without installing any malware removal tools? Then this section of the article is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of browser and Windows setup. If you are not sure that you can follow them, it is better to use free software listed below that can allow you uninstall the adware software.
Uninstall recently added adware
One of the first things to attempt for removal of adware is to check your PC system installed programs screen and look for unwanted and dubious software. If there are any applications you do not recognize or are no longer using, you should delete them. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to use adware removal utility like Zemana AntiMalware.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Remove Adblocker & Privacy Protector adware from Internet Explorer
In order to restore the browser settings changed by adware you need to reset the IE to the state, that was when the MS Windows was installed on your device.
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your device for the changes to take effect.
Remove Adblocker & Privacy Protector from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox settings have been modified by the adware software, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Adblocker & Privacy Protector from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings can help you solve some problems caused by adware and delete Adblocker & Privacy Protector from web-browser. This will also disable harmful extensions as well as clear cookies and site data. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First start the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will show the Google Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, press the option named “Settings”.
The web browser will show the settings screen. Another method to display the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed on the screen below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Chrome will open the confirmation prompt as displayed in the figure below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The internet browser will run the procedure of cleaning. When it’s finished, the browser’s settings including start page, search engine by default and newtab page back to the values which have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC system.
Automatic Removal of Adblocker & Privacy Protector
Malware removal tools are pretty effective when you think your computer is affected by adware. Below we’ll discover best utilities which have the ability to delete adware and get rid of unwanted ads from your internet browser.
Use Zemana Free to get rid of Adblocker & Privacy Protector adware
Does Zemana delete Adblocker & Privacy Protector adware? The adware is often downloaded with malicious software which can cause you to install an application such as keyloggers you don’t want. Therefore, advise using the Zemana Anti-Malware. It is a utility developed to scan and get rid of adware and other malicious software from your PC for free.
- Click the following link to download Zemana. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the setup file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) install on your computer.
- Select installation language and press ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the install is finished, Zemana AntiMalware will start automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana Free icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana, let’s see How to use Zemana Free to remove Adblocker & Privacy Protector from your computer.
- After you have launched the Zemana, you will see a window such as the one below, just press ‘Scan’ button for scanning your personal computer for the adware software.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) scans your PC system.
- Once the scanning is finished, it will open the Scan Results. Review the report and then press ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) may require a restart device in order to complete the Adblocker & Privacy Protector adware removal procedure.
- If you want to permanently remove adware software from your computer, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware, potentially unwanted apps and other items and press Delete.
- Reboot your PC to complete the adware removal procedure.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Adblocker & Privacy Protector
Hitman Pro is a malware removal utility that is designed to search for and remove browser hijackers, PUPs, adware software and dubious processes from the infected PC system. It is a portable program that can be run instantly from USB stick. HitmanPro have an advanced computer monitoring tool which uses a whitelist database to block dubious tasks and applications.
First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use HitmanPro on your computer. Once started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the Adblocker & Privacy Protector adware. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done..
Once HitmanPro completes the scan, you may check all threats found on your computer.
Review the report and then press Next button.
It will open a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) to remove Adblocker & Privacy Protector adware
Trying to remove Adblocker & Privacy Protector can become a battle of wills between the adware software infection and you. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) can be a powerful ally, removing most of today’s adware software, malware and potentially unwanted programs with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will help you win.
Installing the MalwareBytes Free is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware on your MS Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the downloading process is done, close all applications and windows on your device. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup as displayed below.
When the setup begins, you will see the Setup wizard that will help you install Malwarebytes on your device.
Once installation is complete, you will see window as displayed in the following example.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Adblocker & Privacy Protector adware. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your computer.
When MalwareBytes has completed scanning your PC system, you can check all threats found on your computer. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Quarantine” button.
The Malwarebytes will now delete Adblocker & Privacy Protector adware software. Once finished, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
The following video explains tutorial on how to remove hijacker, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Free.
How to stay safe online
The AdGuard is a very good ad-blocking application for the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of annoying ads, popunders, pop-ups, intrusive newtabs, and even full page advertisements and web-page overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can stop harmful web sites automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
- Download AdGuard on your device by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired ads, block harmful and misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your personal computer for new adware softwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop intrusive pop up ads and harmful web pages). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to look for potentially unwanted apps.
If you need more help with Adblocker & Privacy Protector related issues, go to here.