What is Im-not-a-robot.com?
There are many scam web-sites on the Internet and Im-not-a-robot.com is one of them. It is a misleading site that uses social engineering techniques to lure you into subscribing to push notifications. Scammers use push notifications to bypass popup blocker and display tons of unwanted adverts. These ads are used to promote questionable web browser extensions, free gifts scams, fake downloads, and adult web-sites.
When you visit the Im-not-a-robot.com web-site that wants to send you push notifications, you will be greeted with a pop-up that asks whether you want to agree to them or not. Your options will be ‘Block’ and ‘Allow’. Once enabled, the Im-not-a-robot.com notifications will start popping up in the lower right corner of the screen randomly and spam you with unwanted ads.
|Name||Im-not-a-robot.com pop up|
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||adware, PUPs, social engineering attack, misleading pop-up ads|
|Removal||Im-not-a-robot.com removal guide|
Where the Im-not-a-robot.com popups comes from
These Im-not-a-robot.com pop ups are caused by shady ads on the web-sites you visit or adware software. Adware can make big problem to your device. Adware sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software is harmful program that shows lots of adverts in form of popups, discount offers, promos or even fake alerts on the personal computer. Adware software can seriously affect your privacy, your computer’s performance and security. Adware can be installed onto your device unknowingly (it is frequently browser add-on).
Adware software usually comes on the device with freeware. In many cases, it comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their computer has been affected by potentially unwanted applications and adware. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your personal computer from adware software and PUPs: do not install any suspicious applications, read the user agreement and choose only the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation type, do not rush to click the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the application on the Web. Be careful and attentive!
Remove Im-not-a-robot.com notifications from internet browsers
If you’re getting notifications from the Im-not-a-robot.com or another intrusive website, you’ll have previously pressed the ‘Allow’ button. Below we will teach you how to turn them off.
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the top right corner of the browser window
- Select ‘Settings’, scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Advanced’.
- At the ‘Privacy and Security’ section click ‘Site settings’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Locate the Im-not-a-robot.com site and click the three vertical dots button next to it, then click on ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- Tap on the Menu button (three dots) on the top-right corner of the screen.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Tap on ‘Site settings’ and then ‘Notifications’. In the opened window, locate the Im-not-a-robot.com site, other suspicious sites and tap on them one-by-one.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the right upper corner, click the Firefox menu (three bars).
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Options’. In the left side select ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Im-not-a-robot.com domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the right upper corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Click the switch under the Im-not-a-robot.com so that it turns off.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the top right corner.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Locate the Im-not-a-robot.com and click the ‘Remove’ button to remove the site.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Locate the Im-not-a-robot.com and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
How to remove Im-not-a-robot.com popups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In order to remove Im-not-a-robot.com pop up advertisements, start by closing any applications and pop-ups that are open. If a popup won’t close, then close your browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge). If a program won’t close then please reboot your computer. Next, follow the steps below.
To remove Im-not-a-robot.com pop ups, complete the steps below:
- Remove Im-not-a-robot.com notifications from internet browsers
- How to manually remove Im-not-a-robot.com
- Automatic Removal of Im-not-a-robot.com ads
- Stop Im-not-a-robot.com pop up advertisements
How to manually remove Im-not-a-robot.com
This part of the blog post is a step-by-step instructions that will help you to remove Im-not-a-robot.com advertisements manually. You just need to follow every step. In this case, you do not need to install any additional software.
Remove newly added adware
It is of primary importance to first identify and delete all PUPs, adware software applications and hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your MS Windows Control Panel.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as displayed in the following example.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all programs installed on your personal computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown software.
Remove Im-not-a-robot.com pop up ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings to get rid of Im-not-a-robot.com pop-up ads. If you’re still experiencing problems with Im-not-a-robot.com ads removal, you need to reset Google Chrome browser to its default values. This step needs to be performed only if adware has not been removed by the previous steps.
- First start the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your browser’s search engine, newtab and homepage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Im-not-a-robot.com popups from Firefox
If Mozilla Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware, your internet browser shows unwanted pop-up ads, then ‘Reset Mozilla Firefox’ could solve these problems. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete Im-not-a-robot.com advertisements from IE
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your internet browser, which installed by an malware.
First, open the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware that causes multiple intrusive pop ups, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as search provider by default, start page and newtab to default state.
Automatic Removal of Im-not-a-robot.com ads
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely delete adware software that causes Im-not-a-robot.com pop-up ads in your web-browser. So, we recommend to check your PC system for any remaining harmful components with free adware software removal software below.
Run Zemana AntiMalware to get rid of Im-not-a-robot.com pop-ups
If you need a free utility that can easily get rid of Im-not-a-robot.com advertisements, then use Zemana. This is a very handy program, which is primarily developed to quickly scan for and remove adware and malicious software hijacking web browsers and modifying their settings.
Download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the download is finished, close all windows on your computer. Further, run the install file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) on the PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, Zemana AntiMalware will automatically run and you may see its main window as displayed on the screen below.
Next, press the “Scan” button to begin scanning your personal computer for the adware related to the Im-not-a-robot.com pop ups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your device. During the scan Zemana Free will detect threats present on your PC.
As the scanning ends, a list of all items detected is produced. Once you’ve selected what you wish to delete from your PC system click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will delete adware responsible for Im-not-a-robot.com ads and move the selected items to the Quarantine. After the cleaning process is done, you may be prompted to restart your PC.
Delete Im-not-a-robot.com pop-ups and harmful extensions with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro cleans your personal computer from browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software, unwanted toolbars, web browser add-ons and other unwanted programs such as adware that causes the unwanted Im-not-a-robot.com popup ads. The free removal utility will help you enjoy your PC to its fullest. HitmanPro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to detect if there are undesired software in your PC system. You can review the scan results, and choose the threats you want to erase.
Click the following link to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After the download is complete, open the folder in which you saved it and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will run the HitmanPro utility. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to run the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to perform a system scan for the adware that causes the annoying Im-not-a-robot.com pop ups. Depending on your computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
Once the scan is complete, the results are displayed in the scan report as shown on the screen below.
All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next” button. It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button. The Hitman Pro will delete adware software that causes Im-not-a-robot.com advertisements in your browser and move the selected threats to the program’s quarantine. When finished, the tool may ask you to restart your PC system.
How to get rid of Im-not-a-robot.com with MalwareBytes Anti Malware
Manual Im-not-a-robot.com popup advertisements removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware software may be not fully removed. We recommend that use the MalwareBytes Free that are completely free your computer of adware software. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove malware, PUPs, browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button for checking your PC for the adware that causes multiple unwanted popups. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Quarantine” button. Once finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Im-not-a-robot.com pop up advertisements
Running an ad-blocking program like AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad blocker apps will also protect you from malicious ads and web-sites, and, of course, stop redirection chain to Im-not-a-robot.com and similar web pages.
Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the downloading process is finished, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial as displayed in the figure below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Im-not-a-robot.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
After completing the steps shown above, your personal computer should be clean from this adware software and other malware. The Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge will no longer display unwanted Im-not-a-robot.com web site when you surf the Internet. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Im-not-a-robot.com popups.